MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New section: modelgun history.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

New section: modelgun history. Empty
PostSubject: New section: modelgun history.   New section: modelgun history. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:38 pm

Folks,

There is now a new section, dedicated to modelgun history. There are several topics there:
- Modelgun history (sticky) that tries to put together a consistent view on when and why modelguns were created.
- List of manufacturers (sticky) contains an alphabetical list of companies as the first post, to help find all interesting information in one place. It has links to individual manufacturer topic, main name, as well as Japanese name (might be not accurate).
- individual manufacturer pages: there is (or should be) one created for every manufacturer that is known.

If you can add/correct information contained in these pages, please post in appropriate topic :-)

Please be aware that a lot of what is there could be incorrect, although I made efforts to only include information that could be clearly sourced - from this forum, or external websites.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: New section: modelgun history.   New section: modelgun history. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:57 am

Based on what I've seen already, smootik has put a lot of effort into this project. If this series of articles is anywhere near as good as his Reviews it'll be a really interesting account of Modelgun History.
I'm looking forwards to this.

As smootik says, many of you have a depth of knowledge about modelgun and cartridge design, Company structures, Moulds moving from one factory to another etc etc. I hope that some of you will be inspired to comment and post additional information when you can.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: New section: modelgun history.   New section: modelgun history. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:44 am

I added some company logos.

Please let me know if you have good quality logos. Most of posted ones (except HobbyFix/HF, Hartford/HWS, Komoda/KKS, Nakata, Suzuki) are redrawn based on originals (picture of box) to get better quality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New section: modelgun history.   New section: modelgun history. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New section: modelgun history.
Page 1 of 1