MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tanaka USP Broken Trigger

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Tanaka USP Broken Trigger Empty
PostSubject: Tanaka USP Broken Trigger   Tanaka USP Broken Trigger Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by korppi

Just after 100 caps it snapped neatly in two...Cursed monkey metal! And I just loaded up a full 15 clip with magnesium powder Tanaka USP Broken Trigger Icon_sad

Does realsteel trigger fit (Could get one neatly from a near by gunshop)? At least the grip is smaller than the real one.

Edit: The part isnt cheap (for a student that is) and must be ordered overseas without possibility to examine it.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka USP Broken Trigger   Tanaka USP Broken Trigger Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by Mark

Hi Korppi,

And welcome to the forums! It's too bad that you have discovered the weakness of the Tanaka USP, the trigger. The main trouble with this part is that it had to be cast out of zinc instead of the original HK's steel part. The real USP's trigger is a rather thin part near the top. What can be done about it? I don't really know if a real trigger will work but, it might be worth it to find out!

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka USP Broken Trigger   Tanaka USP Broken Trigger Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by korppi

The rs usp trigger works after minor filing and is much nicer than the original.

2 shots later...recoil spring breaks the plastic port and the slide pops out of its place...I'm rather pissed atm.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka USP Broken Trigger   Tanaka USP Broken Trigger Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by Mark

Man, that's really bad luck!

Unfortunately, you are discovering the main and most troubling problem areas on the Tanaka USP. After looking at many Japanese modelgun sites that feature the USP on their site, they usually seem to have the same problems as you have experienced. That is, unfortunately, caused by Japanese law(s) on the materials used in modelgun construction I.E. zinc, brittle ABS resin etc.

What would fix the problem? an all zinc barrel, a zinc slide and a steel trigger. In the meantime, you have a broken modelgun that has few rounds fired through it. I know, frustrating..But, I think that zinc airsoft parts, with a little work will fit and replace the broken parts.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka USP Broken Trigger   Tanaka USP Broken Trigger Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tanaka USP Broken Trigger
Page 1 of 1