MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reassembling MGC Navy Trigger

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ct-123

Number of posts : 3
Location / Country : US
Registration date : 2022-10-28

Reassembling MGC Navy Trigger Empty
PostSubject: Reassembling MGC Navy Trigger   Reassembling MGC Navy Trigger Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2022 6:59 pm

Hi All. I'm new to model guns and the forum. I recently got a MGC Navy 1851 with some rust. I decided to take it apart for refinishing. When I put it back together, I noticed the cocking & trigger didn't work as reliably as before. When I pull back the hammer, the trigger itself is still loose. However if I push the trigger forward while pulling back the hammer, it can lock into place as normal. Looking at the disassembly graph I don't think I'm missing any parts. I wonder if I didn't reassemble it correctly or some parts was damaged. Does the trigger part look alright? Any advice is appreciated.
Reassembling MGC Navy Trigger Img_2010
Reassembling MGC Navy Trigger Img_2011
Back to top Go down
ct-123

PostSubject: Re: Reassembling MGC Navy Trigger   Reassembling MGC Navy Trigger Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2022 7:00 pm

And here's my MGC Navy before and after refinishing. I used Birchwood Casey PermaBlue and I'm pretty happy with the result.
Reassembling MGC Navy Trigger Img_2013
Reassembling MGC Navy Trigger Img_2014
Back to top Go down
ct-123

PostSubject: Re: Reassembling MGC Navy Trigger   Reassembling MGC Navy Trigger Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2022 12:39 am

It turns out I installed the leaf spring upside-down. It seems the disassembly diagram draw the lead spring upside-down. Flipping it over fixes the issue.

Cerwyn likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reassembling MGC Navy Trigger   Reassembling MGC Navy Trigger Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reassembling MGC Navy Trigger
Page 1 of 1