MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RMI COLT 45 General Model/Combat Commander

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerland

Number of posts : 45
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2010-02-22

RMI COLT 45 General Model/Combat Commander Empty
PostSubject: RMI COLT 45 General Model/Combat Commander   RMI COLT 45 General Model/Combat Commander Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:28 pm

Hi:

Brand new to the forums and glad that I've found a bunch of people that share my love for replica guns. I had quite a few as a kid and def. wish I held on to all of them.

Right now I'm trying to reassemble my collection. One replica that I have right now that I never see up for sale/auction is an old RMI Combat Commander which I believe also used to be called the "General" or "Officer's" model. It's zinc and doesn't fire caps/blanks, just chambers those brass rounds.

I was curious as to what the rarity/going rate for one of these is.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to post but I'm sure most of you guys know what it looks like. When I do have ability to post shots I'll put some up.

Thanks,

Kerry
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

RMI COLT 45 General Model/Combat Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: RMI COLT 45 General Model/Combat Commander   RMI COLT 45 General Model/Combat Commander Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:26 am

Hello and welcome to the forum :-)

I think that your model is originally MGC Colt Commander. RMI imported modelguns of various producers and sold them under their own mark. Metal 1911s were produced mainly by MGC.

They do appear occasionally on market, usually in full size, not Commander/Officer. At the moment there is one for sale at one of UK modelgun shops. I also found this old "for sale" thread here at forum:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/buy-sell-modelguns-parts-cartridges-f8/for-sale-rmi-1911-t1254.htm

A review of full-size RMI 1911 is there:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/modelgun-reviews-f4/rmi-1911-t331.htm

Hope that helps :-)
Back to top Go down

RMI COLT 45 General Model/Combat Commander
Page 1 of 1