MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RMI COLT 45 "CALIVER" MARKING QUESTION

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerland

Number of posts : 45
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2010-02-22

RMI COLT 45 "CALIVER" MARKING QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: RMI COLT 45 "CALIVER" MARKING QUESTION   RMI COLT 45 "CALIVER" MARKING QUESTION Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:30 pm

Hi,

I have two RMI Colt 45's. One is the Government model and one is the General model.

For some reason these are marked "Caliver" instead of "Caliber" on the sides. I've seen other RMI 45's on this forum with "Caliber" spelled correctly?

Does that mean that mine are from some early run and then they realized their mistake?

Thx.

Kerland
Back to top Go down
2Sharp
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 229
Location / Country : The Swedish Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: RMI COLT 45 "CALIVER" MARKING QUESTION   RMI COLT 45 "CALIVER" MARKING QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:18 am

No idea on how and why, but i'd love to see pics of them both Smile
Back to top Go down
lampwick
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
lampwick

Number of posts : 359
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: RMI COLT 45 "CALIVER" MARKING QUESTION   RMI COLT 45 "CALIVER" MARKING QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:36 pm

Markus. They are early MGC editions. I think there's a thread about them on the forum somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: RMI COLT 45 "CALIVER" MARKING QUESTION   RMI COLT 45 "CALIVER" MARKING QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 6:08 pm

Well remembered there lampwick RMI COLT 45 "CALIVER" MARKING QUESTION Icon_biggrin yes indeed there is a review on RMI Colt 1911 here:

thanks for that RMI COLT 45 "CALIVER" MARKING QUESTION Icon_biggrin

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: RMI COLT 45 "CALIVER" MARKING QUESTION   RMI COLT 45 "CALIVER" MARKING QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 6:42 pm

Kerland wrote:
For some reason these are marked "Caliver" instead of "Caliber" on the sides.
RMI sold an export version of MGC 1911. Because RMI did not have rights for trademarks, these models were different from original MGC. Some had trademarks completely removed (like Colt Woodsman), others had them modified.

I think that this could be a reason to change spelling, "cheating" around trademark.

Not sure though if this is the real reason.
Back to top Go down
lampwick
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
lampwick

Number of posts : 359
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: RMI COLT 45 "CALIVER" MARKING QUESTION   RMI COLT 45 "CALIVER" MARKING QUESTION Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 9:43 pm

Has anyone ever had the Gold Cup edition? I had a beauty in brushed chrome (not sure who made it) with competition trigger and mother of pearl grips with the Colt logo. I bought all sorts of accessories for it from the States (Ahh, the good old days) and was hard pressed to get £70 for it at the Birmingham International about 6 years ago. I can't find a pic of it now sadly.
Back to top Go down
Kerland

Number of posts : 45
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: RMI COLT 45 "CALIVER" MARKING QUESTION   RMI COLT 45 "CALIVER" MARKING QUESTION Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 3:43 am

I'll try and take some pictures tonight and post in the next day or so. Mine looks like the nickel plated one in the thread that was dug up and also does not have Japan underneath the ejection port.

I think this may have just been an actual mistake rather than getting around a trademark issue but you never know...

I also do think the spur on the hammer is a little narrower than later production models that I have owned (and unfortunately given away!!!!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RMI COLT 45 "CALIVER" MARKING QUESTION   RMI COLT 45 "CALIVER" MARKING QUESTION Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RMI COLT 45 "CALIVER" MARKING QUESTION
Page 1 of 1