MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hudson's Colt SAA "Peacemaker"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Hudson's Colt SAA "Peacemaker" Empty
PostSubject: Hudson's Colt SAA "Peacemaker"   Hudson's Colt SAA "Peacemaker" Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by Garyforce

Garys Review – HUDSON’S COLT SINGLE ACTION ARMY “PEACMAKER”
Hi guys….. next up for review ….and another one for all you revolver fans Very Happy
THE HUDSON MODEL COLT SINGLE ACTION ARMY “PEACMAKER”
(pictured below)

Specs
Lenght: 26 cms / 10 1/4" (muzzle to butt)
Barrel: 12 cm / 4 3/4" (open)
Weight: 580g (approx)
Materials: Heavyweight abs, bakelite & zinc alloy
Grip: Wood
Comments
When I first opened up the box I have to say that I was instantly impressed by the craftsmanship here Smile …. My eye was instantly drawn to the wood grip which just finishes the peacemaker superbly. … similar to the Colt Bisley model in most respects the Peacmaker has a comfortable grip and good weight to it Smile

Loading the Peacemaker is easy. The cartridges are .45 revolver carts taking a 7mm cap face up in the end. Having primed your six cartridges you flip open the loading gate on the right hand side of the cylinder and cock the hammer back till you hear a single 'click' (I love that click sound Very Happy. Holding the gun in your left hand only it is then a simple matter to rotate the cylinder and slide the cartridges in with the right. Next close the loading gate.

Firing
The hammer needs to be cocked all the way back (this is three clicks). Once the hammer is in this position the cylinder is locked. now .... pull the trigger !
The peacemaker is loud Very Happy (which is not necessarily a good thing when the walls to you flat are paper thin Very Happy )
If you are using the MARUSHIN PFC CAPS then you will have a 'reasonable' amount of sparks leave the barrel, this revolver would be an ideal model to try out those “flaming caps” I’ve seen on the modelgun.co.uk site Wink

Now the downside like the bisley, the peacemaker will not allow you to 'keep pulling the trigger' if you want to fire a second shot and a third and so on you have to keep cocking that hammer ! now I must say im not as against this as I was when I reviewed the bisley but im still no better at the 'shoot from the hip' cowboy style of shooting, 'smacking' the hammer back with your left hand and pulling the trigger as rapidly as you can …….still….ill get it one day Very Happy

Cleaning
Ok to strip the Peacemaker down you fist have to remove a screw just in front of the cylinder. This will allow you to remove the “spring” that sits below the barrel and that in turn allows you to remove the cylinder.
You could now just leave it at that and clean out the cylinder put it back and your done …. If however you want to really strip the gun down read on Very Happy
Next 3 screws around the grip will allow you to remove the wood grips and the back piece of the grip. 3 more screws around the trigger let you remove the trigger guard / forward piece of the grip.
3 screws on the left just above the trigger will let you remove the trigger / hammer mechanisms. Be careful though ….. theres a few fiddley springs in there that can be easily lost ! …. And please make sure to keep note of where things belong if your not using instructions !
Next, clean and oil the gun using whatever cleaning solution / oil you prefer. (personally i would recommend marks cleaning technique of hot water, baking soda & vinegar)
Then once we are cleaned and oiled .... put it all back together ....and voila !

Over all
An excellent revolver and probably one f the most famous Very Happy I am glad I added this top quality model to my collection Hudson really did a great job here.
My only complaint is the same as the Bisley, the fact that you have to keep cocking the hammer to fire the shot ! .but….im a bit more used to it now … and that “click” as you pull the hammer back does make me smile Very Happy
So marks out of ten then ……. The peacemaker gets a 9/10 .... just 1 above the Bisley and that’s because of the wooden grips …. Im still not giving it full marks because of the single shot feature Very Happy
Hudson's Colt SAA "Peacemaker" 118802181
Hudson's Colt SAA "Peacemaker" 118802134
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net

Hudson's Colt SAA "Peacemaker"
Page 1 of 1