MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

replica gun businesses disappearing ??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain
Registration date : 2008-09-07

replica gun businesses disappearing ?? Empty
PostSubject: replica gun businesses disappearing ??   replica gun businesses disappearing ?? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:43 am

Anyone know what happened to schoessler's supply room ? ( the maker of the US blank MP40 )

There as bold as brass for a good while and then suddenly zip.....all gone !!

I also notice that modelguns-worldwide has had a "temporary closed" sign up for about a month !!

Frontline Armouries didnt last long ( mind you I always thought they were dodgy with their big claims )

This and a UK dealer no longer shipping overseas doesn`t look great for collectors in the US ( although Francky and Shazib are all ok as far as we know )

seems like the world is closing in on anyone that likes replica guns ???

Thank god my other hobby is gardening...no-one`s getting their hands on my lettuce Very Happy

DOC
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: replica gun businesses disappearing ??   replica gun businesses disappearing ?? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 12:16 pm

As for Schoessler's Supply Room, I found this thread with a relevant post quoted below.
http://www.mg42.us/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=9544

Note: link quoted in text below does NOT work - "Military Precision" has closed, too.

Quote :
An unfortunate end. We are sorry to have to announce the closing of Schoessler's Supply Room, LLC in Jan 2010. Unfortunately, circumstances to include Military Deployments, the down turn in the economy and many others, are such that we just can not continue operations. Therefore, we will say good bye.

For those customers that own our products, I want to ensure you that you do not, now own "Boat Anchors". Military Precision, LLC has acquired the rights to produce the BFONGs and 9.3mm Blanks. Additionally, they have assured me that they will be there to help Schoessler's Supply Room customers as best they can, with warranty issues or repairs to the SSR BFONGs.

I will be working with Military Precision from time to time to help them develop new products and Kenny, my shop manager has made arrangements to continue in a like position with Military Precision. So, I'm confident you will not see any deterioration in the service you've come accustom to receiving.

Please Click on the link below (the picture) to take you directly to the Military Precision website http://www.militaryprecision.us

Finally, I just want to personally thank all of those that showed continuous support to me and to SSR through the years! From 2001 when I first started to design the BFONG until today, it's been nothing short of an awesome time!

Thanks to all!

Chuck Ducastel
President
Schoessler's Supply Room, LLC
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: replica gun businesses disappearing ??   replica gun businesses disappearing ?? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:07 pm

Silence of modelguns-worldwide is also worrying... it is over a month now without reply to emails or update on site.
I hope everything will turn out ok, in light of the message.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: replica gun businesses disappearing ??   replica gun businesses disappearing ?? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 7:01 pm

DOC wrote:
Thank god my other hobby is gardening...no-one`s getting their hands on my lettuce Very Happy
Good idea - you hide all models under the lettuce then? ;-)

PS: sorry for yet another reply from myself ;-)
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: replica gun businesses disappearing ??   replica gun businesses disappearing ?? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 9:45 am

There weren't that many businesses out there to start with so seeing businesses close is bad news indeed.
US member lowlight's been asking for an American based Retailer of PFC Modelguns but there's still no sign of one. Considering how large a country that is you'd think there be some over there.

Worldwide recession and ever tightening anti-replica gun legislation certainly isn't doing businesses any favours. Courier companies prohibiting retailers and public alike shipping replica guns and accessories is another kick in the teeth to those Retailers trying to make a living.

We've witnessed Modelgun manufacturers close in recent months.
Let's hope that all our suppliers pull through these tough times.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: replica gun businesses disappearing ??   replica gun businesses disappearing ?? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:04 am

I feel we need to pull our wagons in a circle and hang on while the ammo lasts Sad

Smootik ....Shssh Wink

replica gun businesses disappearing ?? Lettuce

DOC
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: replica gun businesses disappearing ??   replica gun businesses disappearing ?? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 11:01 am

Looks like Marushin Colt .25.... I mean, lettuce ;-)

Would you be so kind to add a review to this picture? :-)
Back to top Go down
ricks
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 23
Location / Country : Pennsylvania, USA
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Schoessler's / Military Precision   replica gun businesses disappearing ?? Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:49 am

Hi all
The following link will ultimately take you to NJ Sekela, who has started to make the Shhoessler BFONG's under license.

http://gk43forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=81314

Hope it helps
Take care
Rick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: replica gun businesses disappearing ??   replica gun businesses disappearing ?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

replica gun businesses disappearing ??
Page 1 of 1