MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hudson Derringer D-100 Model

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Hudson Derringer D-100 Model Empty
PostSubject: Hudson Derringer D-100 Model   Hudson Derringer D-100 Model Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by Garyforce

Hey Hey Very Happy
Here’s the final review of Gary’s handguns (at least until I get some more Wink hehehe )
Finally....
THE HUDSON DERRINGER D-100 MODEL
(pictured below)
Specs
Length: 12.6 cms / 5" (muzzle to butt)
Barrel: 8.9 cm / 3 1/2" (open)
Weight: 200g (approx)
Materials: Shock resistant ABS & Zinc alloy.
Grip: Plastic
Comments
First off I have to say …. When this first arrived I was expecting something smaller ! Very Happy …..i don’t know why but the size did surprise me Very Happy I really couldn’t see this being ‘concealed’ in any practical way on a Mississippi river boat Very Happy
The size of this model makes gripping the gun ….. ‘different’ I have found I have to have my index / trigger finger along the barrel and pull the trigger with my middle finger. It can be done the normal way but I’ve just fallen into doing it this way.
Loading the derringer is somewhat different. The cartridges are .22 of which there are only 2 each taking a 5mm cap face up in the end. Having primed your cartridges you pull back and lift the ‘stirrup’ this unhinges the barrel and you simply slide in the carts, lock the barrel back down and your done. Smile
Firing
Now……. just pull the trigger Very Happy
This ‘revolver’ (unlike the Bisley model I reviewed) is ….well you could say semi automatic in the sense that you can just keep pulling the trigger until all the rounds are spent. Depending on how quickly you pull the trigger the whole process can be over in under a second Very Happy
There is no chance of jamming here ! … and if you do for some unfathomable reason have a misfire it wont spoil your day because just keep pulling that trigger to fire the next round. Very Happy
Again as I mentioned in my review of the M36 I’ve really come to appreciate the MARUSHIN P.F.C caps over the M.G caps and now use these the most.
You get a reasonable amount of sparks with the MARUSHIN P.F.C caps and you get a ‘BANG !!!’ a nice loud bang at that Very Happy (again I would not recommend firing this indoors if you can help it cause that ringing in your ears is annoying ! Wink heheh)

Cleaning
Like the M36 there’s two ways you can clean this gun. The ‘easy way’ and the ‘thorough way’
First the easy way. J
Ok … open up the barrel as you did to load it, remove the spent carts and clean them as you would normally. Then grab your self a couple of cotton buds dipped in your cleaning solution and clean out the barrel. That’s all there is to it! Very Happy
The thorough way though involves you striping the gun down.
A single screw releases the grip. 2 screws then allow you to remove the frame and side plate within which is housed the mechanism. Next the fun business of removing the hammer & trigger mechanism. Yes …… I know im going to repeat myself but I don’t care Very Happy as you remove the hammer & trigger its important (if not refering to instructions) to make note of how the parts of the hammer & trigger fit together ! and be warned ... putting them back together is REALLY fiddley with such small parts !
Next, clean and oil the gun using whatever cleaning solution / oil you prefer. (i recommend marks cleaning technique of hot water, baking soda & vinegar)
Then once we are cleaned and oiled .... put it all back together ....and that’s that ! you don’t need to clean the derringer that thoroughly that often unless your firing it a lot that is !

Over all
This is a nice little gun …. Relatively inexpensive and im glad its in my collection. But … you don’t really get much out of it at the end of the day it has to be said :s …. O.k I know that’s the point of it…. Just 2 shots (though with such a poxy calibre that you probably couldn’t kill anyone with a real one of these even if you rammed it up their nose Very Happy )
Because of this, and the issue with the grip as I mentioned in my earlier comments id say this was definitely more of a display piece rather than a model for firing ….. and as such I’ve only set it off ….. 3 times maybe ! Smile
Still …. Im happy with it Very Happy ….overall though …. Id say this was a 50 : 50 job ……. Just 5/10 for this one guys …… not worth getting unless you REALLY want one ! Smile

Hudson Derringer D-100 Model 106582844
Hudson Derringer D-100 Model 106582823
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Derringer D-100 Model   Hudson Derringer D-100 Model Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by Mark

And now, for something completely different!

Gary, I thought that the Hudson D-100 would be the last modelgun i would ever see reviewed here! Although, the older Hudson Derringer might be a close second Hudson Derringer D-100 Model Icon_biggrin That's cool, i was wondering about those but, i couldn't bring myself to buy one as they are fairly expensive and i could by some other modelguns ahead of that one.

Definately a "different" review thanks!

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Derringer D-100 Model   Hudson Derringer D-100 Model Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by Garyforce

hey mark Hudson Derringer D-100 Model Icon_biggrin

yeah ....the derringer ..... well what can one say ! it is a bit of a bizzar 1 Hudson Derringer D-100 Model Icon_biggrin

like i say....im glad i've got it because i've always wanted 1 to add to my collection ...... but as i say its more for display than firing !

and i agree with you ... there are other guns to buy before you get this one ....still nice little addition i think Hudson Derringer D-100 Model Icon_biggrin

heheheh an you never know....this little reiew could spark a run on derringer models Hudson Derringer D-100 Model Icon_lol
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Derringer D-100 Model   Hudson Derringer D-100 Model Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hudson Derringer D-100 Model
Page 1 of 1