MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CMC's Mauser Karabiner K98

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

CMC's Mauser Karabiner K98 Empty
PostSubject: CMC's Mauser Karabiner K98   CMC's Mauser Karabiner K98 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by Garyforce

TAAA DAAAA !……. Well guys ....... the long awaited and always popular "Gary’s review service" is back with avengence Very Happy
Over the next few weeks or so (as i get the time Very Happy ) ill be reviewing for you lot my 8 outstanding modelguns so without further delay ..... may I present to you……
CMC’S MAUSER KARABINER 98K
(pictured below)
Specs
Length: 111 cms / 43 6/8" (muzzle to butt)
Barrel: 63 cm / 24 7/8" (full length / open)
Weight: 3600g (approx)
Materials: All wood with metal parts
Grip: wood stock

Comments
As Mark and some of you others may recall, my quest for a bolt action rifle was a bit of a quest in itself Smile but i managed to track this 20 year old piece down in the uk Very Happy
The rifle itself is in excellent condition for its age and was never fired till i got my hands on it Wink hehehe
The 98K was the German infantrymans during World War 2 and this particualr model is dotted with small Nazi Warmacht stamps for authenticity.
The rifle itself is a bolt action rifle which i personally find rather appealing & stylish it is extremely comfortable to hold and reassuringly heavy. There is a "loop hole" towards the muzzle and a "hole" in the butt which is to hold a leather strap (mine didnt come with this.but franckys just tracked one down for me....so it soon will have Very Happy )
The quality of this gun is excellent....guess they dont build them like this anymore Very Happy ..there is some 'minor scratching on the wood....but i feel this gives the model personality Smile !

Ok ..... loading is simple enough .... take your Rifle carts and insert a 5mm cap in then end facing you. (simple enough) ... next the fun bit Very Happy .... take the bolt and 'lift' it upwards till you here that fantastic "clack" Very Happy .....then pull the bolt back till you here the second clack you can then feed in, i think, 5 carts ( i only have 2 so far so i dont really know Smile ) .....then push the bolt back 'ramming' the cart home lock down the bolt into the postition it was when you started and your done

Firing
Once you've gone through the above proceedure all you need do..is aim ...... and fire Very Happy and might i suggest.......savour for a moment the look down that sight ..... its quite something Very Happy
pull the trigger for that reassuringly loud BANG (im using MARUSHIN PFC CAPS) then as quick or as slow as you like go through the "bolt action" Very Happy.... and that my friends is amazing Very Happy !!

Cleaning
Now..... as this came with no manual ..... this has been a bit of a "figure it out job" Very Happy ...... firtsly if you push the metal loop near the muzzel forward this allows you to remove the top wooden section of the barrel.
Some screws on the left hand side allow you (with some fiddling) to remove the bolt .... and a screw just forward of the trigger guard allow you to remove the trigger mechanism / housing from below.
After that you can clean and oil the gun using whatever cleaning solution / oil you see fit. (i recommend marks cleaning technique of hot water, baking soda & vinegar)
Also remember that over time the wood may also need treating Smile
Then once we are cleaned and oiled .... put it all back together ....and that’s that !
Be warned though …..if you should purchase this rifle and find like me it has no instructions .... be sure to make note of exactly what your removing, where it came from & how you put it back !

Over all
This is an excellent Rifle and a must have for any colection.....for me the bolt action makes it a more enjoyable experience than that of the "automatic" models such as the Garand, the bolt action gets you more 'involved' and in my view creates a reall smart design.
The weight and feel of this model are about as accurate as your going to get .... the Nazi satmps and the authenticity .... the leather strap (that im soon getting) .... and the movable sight .... they all go to making this an excellent rilfe.
This model is getting full marks 10/10 …… it is in the same class as my Thompson and MP18 it is stylish, strudy and durable ..... and for a 20 year old model .... its in perfect condition, a cracking purchase lads if i do say so Very Happy

CMC's Mauser Karabiner K98 117728309
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: CMC's Mauser Karabiner K98   CMC's Mauser Karabiner K98 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by Claymore

As always Gary a very good review (glad you have the time to put them on again).
I have to say that looks like a vey nice model, how smooth is the action on it
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: CMC's Mauser Karabiner K98   CMC's Mauser Karabiner K98 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by Garyforce

hey claymore CMC's Mauser Karabiner K98 Icon_smile

The action is incredibly smooth and the carts go flyin after each shot which is great CMC's Mauser Karabiner K98 Icon_wink CMC's Mauser Karabiner K98 Icon_biggrin

however ! .... 1 thing i forgot to mention above ..... if you wish to run through the action without a cartridge you will not be able to because the ..... magazine i spose you'd call it below the bolt has a lip on it that blocks the action if there is no cart present.

this i spose isnt a bad thing as it prevents unecessary damage to the bolt.

though on the flip side of that coin you could end up damaging the bolt & magazine seriously if you try and force that trough ! CMC's Mauser Karabiner K98 Icon_confused
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: CMC's Mauser Karabiner K98   CMC's Mauser Karabiner K98 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by Mark

Cool review Gary!

That's too bad that you don't have more cartridges for it...Perhaps, Francky can track some down for you...Yes, a bolt action modelgun is quite different and more reliable that a semi or full auto...The magazine follower has a lip that locks the bolt to the rear to let you know that you have an empty rifle in your hands...Great review as always!

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CMC's Mauser Karabiner K98   CMC's Mauser Karabiner K98 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CMC's Mauser Karabiner K98
Page 1 of 1