MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC Mauser HSc

Go down 
+3
shazhib
8ace
JohnnyV
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

MGC Mauser HSc Empty
PostSubject: MGC Mauser HSc   MGC Mauser HSc Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 8:21 pm

OK simple question Smile
I have one of these models, firing model, BUT I simply cannot see an ejector on it????? nor where one would go???
it chambers, fires, but even manually there is no ejection since there is no ejector..... cart is pulled back by extractor but how is it meant to eject with no ejector.
Maybe I am not seeing the wood for the trees, but there simply is no ejector or place for an ejector to fit???

Please advise if you can shed any light scratch or if you have a parts diagram cheers
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

MGC Mauser HSc Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Mauser HSc   MGC Mauser HSc Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 8:48 pm

OK
A bit more research and I have answered my own question cheers

Take a look at the picture below:
MGC Mauser HSc Hsc10
The ejector is on the magazine ??? I myst admit I have not seen this before!
this pic was found on a Japanese site, and I can now see the place on my mag where it has snaped off at some point in time, I must say I am not suprised it snaped off! a very unusual design and flimsy at that.
I do not know if the real gun was like this or not? I suppose a bit more reading required!!

next step is to work out a beeter solution and get this model going properly!!

Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

MGC Mauser HSc Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Mauser HSc   MGC Mauser HSc Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 4:10 pm

Wow that's a first Shocked and with mag metal being mild steel i wouldn't have thought it would last long No

8ace
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

MGC Mauser HSc Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Mauser HSc   MGC Mauser HSc Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 4:19 pm

Indeed !! not the best peice of design Crying or Very sad

Still after a long night scratch SOLUTION ! cheers

build in a new ejector, space very tight but managed it in the end Smile
MGC Mauser HSc Img_0810
MGC Mauser HSc Img_0811
MGC Mauser HSc Img_0812

Sorted sunny

Before modification picture:
MGC Mauser HSc Before10

Last edited by JohnnyV on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added before mod pic)
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan
Registration date : 2008-09-07

MGC Mauser HSc Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Mauser HSc   MGC Mauser HSc Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 6:00 pm

JohonnyV,

Isn't this "quack action" (slide start move along with you pull the trigger, hammer is actually not functioning)?
If so, I would assume an ejector sits top side of mag.

S
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

MGC Mauser HSc Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Mauser HSc   MGC Mauser HSc Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 6:17 pm

Hi Katsuro

No its not the "quack /tanio action" model, it is one of the old "dummy round" types desingned to manually cycle rounds, there is no quack mecahnism (I have ppk with that action) . I recived no dummy rounds with the model but am using modified .32 acp ppk rounds with single cap. there is no blowback because pin in barrel is to short but bang and smoke is nice:) then manualy rack the slide to eject and chamber next round.
MAYBE I will try to put longer det pin in to barrel to make it full blowback model, but because det pin is cast into barrel this is a tricky job.... but it would be great as blowback model......hhhmmmm must think if its worth it!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

MGC Mauser HSc Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Mauser HSc   MGC Mauser HSc Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 6:33 pm

scratch Does a quack action still eject Question never seen one in action
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

MGC Mauser HSc Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Mauser HSc   MGC Mauser HSc Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 7:06 pm

It does in MGC Walther PPK.
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

MGC Mauser HSc Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Mauser HSc   MGC Mauser HSc Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 11:32 pm

Yes - I can concur, my MGC Walther does too!

Great solution 8ace! 'cheers'

Question: how did you determine the HEIGHT of the ejector pin: before or after installation? 'Question'

Kiwigunner
Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

MGC Mauser HSc Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Mauser HSc   MGC Mauser HSc Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 11:47 pm

Hi Kiwigunner Smile

Indeed 8ace does come up with the majority of the best solutions, but this one was mine lol!

well the max height of the ejector was determined by the slide underside (I would have liked it a bit higher but the clearance was not there. Anyway I set the steel peice in the frame first then kept taking a shaving off the top untill the slide went on with no fouling on the ejector, i was worried that it was a bit to low but when tested it was fine.
the width was also set by the existing parts in the top slide, so kept it as wide as possible for strength.
ie everthing was decided after installation:)

ATB
JohnnyV
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

MGC Mauser HSc Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Mauser HSc   MGC Mauser HSc Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 12:47 am

OOPS! 'affraid'
Sorry about the confusion between you two! I kinda associate you both together for your great skills in Modelguns! I guess I can't read either! 'lol!'
Thanks for the details: shows how much thought and work goes into what seem "simple" solutions!

Kiwigunner

Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
hkfan

Number of posts : 94
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2014-02-20

MGC Mauser HSc Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Mauser HSc   MGC Mauser HSc Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 9:57 pm

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have s question:
I aquired a used Mauser HSc (with 'ejector' on the mag Smile ) and seem to have a strange problem: with the safety UP in firing position, it won't fire, neither double nor single action. With the safety lever DOWN on safe, both double and single action work fine confused

Any ideas? And how to set things straight?

Unfortunately, the internals are not very faithfull to the real steel. I'm trying to get an old spec deactivated Mauser HSc before april 8, with working trigger group, but no luck. Would complement my Heckler & Koch Mod. 4, which is sort of its grandchild, design wise...
Back to top Go down
c_alexandersen
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
c_alexandersen

Number of posts : 292
Location / Country : Denmark
Registration date : 2011-11-30

MGC Mauser HSc Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Mauser HSc   MGC Mauser HSc Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 5:09 am

JohnnyV wrote:
Hi Katsuro

No its not the "quack /tanio action" model, it is one of the old "dummy round" types desingned to manually cycle rounds, there is no quack mecahnism (I have ppk with that action) . I recived no dummy rounds with the model but am using modified .32 acp ppk rounds with single cap. there is no blowback because pin in barrel is to short but bang and smoke is nice:) then manualy rack the slide to eject and chamber next round.
MAYBE I will try to put longer det pin in to barrel to make it full blowback model, but because det pin is cast into barrel this is a tricky job.... but it would be great as blowback model......hhhmmmm must think if its worth it!

I have also started playing with the idea of Marushin .32 cartridges.
Detonator pin is obviously too short to reach the cap/piston inside cartridge and generate recoil.

Has anyone tried using 2 "front pistons" inside a Marushin .32 - without measuring and calculating, this should get closer to the action we are chasing ??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MGC Mauser HSc Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Mauser HSc   MGC Mauser HSc Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC Mauser HSc
Page 1 of 1