MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Start credits : The getaway

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Start credits : The getaway  Empty
PostSubject: Start credits : The getaway    Start credits : The getaway  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 10:44 am

My God has anyone been unlucky enough to have seen the movie " The Getaway " ( the remake )

I found it on the BBC I player this morning ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/) and just watching the credits made my mind up to give the rest a miss.

Take a look at Ms Basinger firing off some rounds at the start.....

Apart from her technique look at the rounds ejecting ...ok we know they have to be blanks however the fourth one doesnt eject and just sits there sticking out the top of the port for all to see ...see screenshot

Start credits : The getaway  Noname-1

why on earth didnt the director re shoot this scene ...christ its the opening credits FFS

sounds like a bit of a rant and I should be grateful I guess as its 1.55 of my life Id never get back if Id watched it ........
ok rant over ...better spend that 1.55 doing some work then Very Happy

DOC
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Start credits : The getaway    Start credits : The getaway  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:10 am

Clearly it just didn't matter to them ;-)

It's sad however to see mistakes in movies. When I was a kid I would believe everything shown on screen, now I am more attached to realism. Suspension of disbelief is getting weaker I guess ;-)
Back to top Go down
richie328

Number of posts : 70
Location / Country : Western NY, USA
Registration date : 2013-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Start credits : The getaway    Start credits : The getaway  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 2:23 pm

In one of the Sylvester Stallone "Rambo" movies, there is a scene at the end where he is shooting an M-60 off in the air...and screaming...The camera pans down to the floor where the expended cartridge cases are hitting...All blank cartridges!!! Sheesh... Rolling Eyes

(This style blank) -

Start credits : The getaway  M82%207.62%20X%2051MM%20BLANK%20CARTRIDGE
Back to top Go down
akazz
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 73
Location / Country : uk
Registration date : 2012-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Start credits : The getaway    Start credits : The getaway  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 8:07 pm

its actualy hard work getting directors/producers to actualy care if its perfect or not i got lucky with zwos2 the director (chris greenwood) wanted it as realistic as the budget (next to nowt) would allow
training actors to look natural and with good techniqe is proberbly the biggest hurdle i had one actress hold a blank firer with her finger in a position that if she had fired it would have ended in tears and she was taught to do that in drama school
i cant understand why they didnt bother to reeshoot this tho unless its something the editors have done without it being picked up before release
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Start credits : The getaway    Start credits : The getaway  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Start credits : The getaway
Page 1 of 1