MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An introduction.

Go down 
+9
yellow
MadMike
8ace
shazhib
Cerwyn
DOC
smootik
JohnnyV
mp40
13 posters
AuthorMessage
mp40
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 9
Location / Country : U.S.A
Registration date : 2010-07-22

An introduction. Empty
PostSubject: An introduction.   An introduction. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:18 am

Hello fellow modelgun collectors!

Let me introduce myself: My name is Mark, I started the mp40modelguns website and the original mp40modelguns forums. That, due to software issues and other reasons, had some problems. These problems, along with other reasons, led Cerwyn to create this forum in order to save the original forum from loss.

Anyway, I like this forum and it looks good! Also, there seems to be quite a few people here, that have alot of modelgun knowledge! That, is very nice to see!

I have been collecting modelguns for some time as many of the regulars here know. My collection started in the 1980's and grew in 2003 due to the introduction of the internet. I have been trying to introduce the modelgun hobby to more people around the world and so, I started the modelgun website to further the knowledge. My collection consists of mostly submachineguns, assault rifles, machine pistols etc. I also have a few revolvers and semi automatic pistols as well.

I tried to shoot most of my modelguns (time permitting of course!) and so, i spent lot's of spare time doing so, along with cleaning/modifying their internals to try to enhance their firing simulation.

I will try to contribute as much as my available time permits (if i have some thing to contribute that is)

Mark

Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

An introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An introduction.   An introduction. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:34 am

Hi Mark
It really is great to see you here!
I look forward to sharing info and tips with you.
As I have said before it was your original site that triggered my intrest in modelguns, so thanks for that.
Best wishes
John
Back to top Go down
mp40
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

An introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An introduction.   An introduction. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:48 am

Thanks for the welcome Johnny!

I will try to share some knowledge that i have. But, it looks like quite a few subjects have already been covered! So, we will see...
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

An introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An introduction.   An introduction. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:19 am

Hello Mark,

Good to see you there :-) You got me into this hobby, thanks to the original forum.
I hope you will have fun sharing hobby with all folks here!
Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain
Registration date : 2008-09-07

An introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An introduction.   An introduction. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 11:41 am

Hello Mark

Glad to see you on here chap , no one could argue thats its your dedication to these things that got a lot of people interested and well informed !

DOC
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

An introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An introduction.   An introduction. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 11:57 am

Welcome back Mark, it is especially good to see you back again.

Like many others, it was your original forum site that really sparked off my interest in modelguns. As a newcomer myself then, I was grateful for the advice and help available from everyone, but particularly impressed by the friendly and warm welcome I was given.
I learned a lot about modelgun care and getting the best from them from the forum.
The hobby grew into something more like an obsession quite quickly and as I learned more, being able to contribute with step by step guides and videos became a hobby in itself and a great pleasure.
I have a lot to thank you for Mark.

As you mentioned in your post above, I set this particular forum up during the time your original site was suffering from technical gremlins. This was intended to be a safe "data bank" for all the valuable data potentially at risk of loss should the original be lost, but also a means to keep the membership in contact with each other.
Over time, I've been promoting the site wherever possible, contacting posters of modelgun videos on youtube to introduce the forum and invite them to join. I'm pleased to be able to say we've over 270 registered members now.
The site has grown certainly,changed a little, but still keeps to your original format. You should still recognise it as your own site.

I'm delighted to read that you are happy with the way your forum site has been cared for during your abscence. I'm sure I can speak for all the other regular contributors that have worked hard to keep this alive when I thank you very much for that.

I sincerely hope you will continue now to contribute and share your wealth of modelgun knowledge with us all.

Welcome back Mark, it is a pleasure to have you with us again.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan

An introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An introduction.   An introduction. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:22 pm

mark,

I cannot find a word what to say....it is my (and many of member's) great please to hear from you again.
If you have not started up original MP40 site, I wouldn't be able to meet many great members here around the glove.

welcome home.

S
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

An introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An introduction.   An introduction. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:57 pm

Indeed today is a good day Very Happy good to see that you are back modelgunning cheers

8ace

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

An introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An introduction.   An introduction. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 4:35 pm

I am so glad and thankful that you are here! Like a lot of other members, I owe you a lot. Thank you for all your help and enthusiasm over the years, promoting our strange hobby.
Back to top Go down
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

Number of posts : 208
Location / Country : Belgium
Registration date : 2009-07-02

An introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An introduction.   An introduction. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:05 pm

It's great to have you back here Mark!!
I'm only a few years into modelguns, but I've learnt a lot about the hobby on this forum. I don't remember if it was your original forum or this one that I first saw,but I think that doesn't even matter.
The most important thing is that this forum, unlike most other forums, is a forum where friendly people who share the same hobby (it isn't a strange hobby Madmike Very Happy ) are always ready to give you good advice, and help you find a solution if you have a problem with one of your models.
If you didn't create this forum, many of the members here would still have many problems with some of their guns, and maybe they would have given up the hobby a long time already.
Together maybe we can keep modelguns alive!
Back to top Go down
mp40
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

An introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An introduction.   An introduction. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 6:36 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys!

It has been some time and i have been a little busy since i had last posted anything on the subject of modelguns. My interest in modelguns has been low for several months due to other concerns etc. So, i have been trying to get back in the mood to try them again.

The forums have grown since i last looked.

Cerwyn, thanks for keeping the English speaking modelgun hobby world going while my site was having problems! It is cool to so many people here and i hope that they will contribute more often. The hobby is still somewhat new to many out there on the net and they need to be introduced to the hobbies ins and outs. Cool

shazhib, it's good to hear from you too Cool

8ace, I see that you are as active as usual in modelguns Very Happy

MadMike, It's great to see that you are doing well (Strange hobby?) Laughing

yellow, It's nice meeting you. Where you on the my old forums? Surprised

Again, I hope to contribute to this forum, as there is alot to cover in this hobby.
Back to top Go down
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

An introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An introduction.   An introduction. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:29 pm

I wasn't member on the old forum yet, but I remember reading on the old forum. Your site with the videos
etc is still in my favorites in my internet explorer Very Happy It is there that I discovered the modelguns. It was new to me as I only knew airsoft and blank firers.
Then when I finally bought my first modelgun M93R from Jay of MGWW I subscribed to the (new) forum.
Back to top Go down
mp40
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

An introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An introduction.   An introduction. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 4:26 am

Yellow,

I note that you are from Belgium. I visited Brussels in 2000, and i looked for modelguns while i was there. I had found a shop there that had a few modelguns there. Sadly, i cannot remember where the shop was located nor the name of the shop. The owner had a few, hard to get modelguns like the MGC Sten MK3 and a few others that i forget. But, i did find him in the phone directory. I didn't buy any modelguns there or in Europe even though i found a few there, as i didn't know how to import them properly at that time.

I did get some cartridges from the shop owner (Marushin mp40/Uzi) that i still have. I think that he wanted 20,000 Belgium Francs for it at that time, which would have been hard on me financially at that time. But, for a rare gun Shocked Maybe he still has it and the other guns as well..
Back to top Go down
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

An introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An introduction.   An introduction. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 9:30 pm

That's correct, I'm from Belgium, and Bussels is only 1hour driving for me.
If I only knew the name of the shop, or the location, I would pay them a visit right away.
Unfortunately I haven't found anyone in Belgium that sells modelguns, so it would be great if I had an adress in the country!
Just for your information: 20000Bfr is about 500€...
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

An introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Welcome Mark   An introduction. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 12:26 am

In line with the international flavour of the forum, greetings Mark from the Land of the Long White Cloud -A-o-te-aroa, New Zealand, and welcome.

I'm a new member to this forum, and along with many other modelgun enthusiasts, it has become a kind of compulsive hobby now.

I started with a second-hand MP40, which thanks to this forum and Francky & Cerwyn, I've repaired it, learned heaps and now have a growing collection. I also collect guns of all sorts, but Modeguns have been in and out of my life since 1970! And my first was an MGC P-38. That was stolen. But two days ago I won an auction on eBay for a Marushin HW Military model! Only took 40 years! If the internet had been around earlier it would have helped speed things up!

Thanks to this forum and its warm and friendly members who are always willing to share ideas, data and the occasion part, it feels wonderful to be part of a growing international community of Modelgun collectors.
Glad to now know how you initiated it - and how Cerwyn fanned the flames!

Good on you both!
Arohanui.
John Anthony
Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
mp40
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

An introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An introduction.   An introduction. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:48 am

yellow wrote:
That's correct, I'm from Belgium, and Brussels is only 1hour driving for me.
If I only knew the name of the shop, or the location, I would pay them a visit right away.
Unfortunately I haven't found anyone in Belgium that sells modelguns, so it would be great if I had an address in the country!
Just for your information: 20000Bfr is about 500€...

The shop was fairly easy to find when i was there. I am just not sure what i was looking for in the telephone directory when i found the shop. I think that i was looking for gun stores or hobby shops. I just remember trying to find directions to the shop and trying to make sense of the street names. The store was very small and the owner didn't really sell modelguns, he just had them. He had a display of real (live) handguns and other things.

Back to top Go down
mp40
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

An introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An introduction.   An introduction. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:21 am

kiwigunner wrote:
In line with the international flavor of the forum, greetings Mark from the Land of the Long White Cloud -A-o-te-aroa, New Zealand, and welcome.

I'm a new member to this forum, and along with many other modelgun enthusiasts, it has become a kind of compulsive hobby now.

I started with a second-hand MP40, which thanks to this forum and Francky & Cerwyn, I've repaired it, learned heaps and now have a growing collection. I also collect guns of all sorts, but Modelguns have been in and out of my life since 1970! And my first was an MGC P-38. That was stolen. But two days ago I won an auction on eBay for a Marushin HW Military model! Only took 40 years! If the internet had been around earlier it would have helped speed things up!

Thanks to this forum and its warm and friendly members who are always willing to share ideas, data and the occasion part, it feels wonderful to be part of a growing international community of Modelgun collectors.
Glad to now know how you initiated it - and how Cerwyn fanned the flames!

Good on you both!
Arohanui.
John Anthony

Nice to meet you John!

I know what you mean by a compulsive hobby! It sounds like you have been collecting modelguns for quite some time! I have a quick question for you.

Do you have any(like Australia's)restrictions on replica/modelguns? Anyway, did you get your original MGC P38 from a store or mail-order it? I remember back in 1980 (when visiting Canada) stopping at a hobby shop where they had a whole wall filled with modelguns for sale. (Marushin Uzi's etc) That, and visiting the "Collectors Armory" store in Alexandra Virginia (also in 1980 same vacation) They had a wall filled with MGC/Hudson etc submachineguns/rifles Including MGC mp40's and Sterling's.

All these where new and in stock. I handled the mp40 and the Sterling but, i didn't have enough money to buy any of the larger modelguns. So, i ended looking at the handgun display case. They had all types of model handguns there, but, i had only (I think) $30.00 to spend, which left either the MGC PPK, or the RMI "Peacemaker" .45 SAA. Against better judgment, I bought the RMI (I still have it, it's really ugly though!)

I still wish i had bought that MGC PPK! OR, had the money for the MGC mp40/Sterling's

Anyway, i have had at least 7~8 MGC mp40's go through my hands over the years since. But, only ONE MGC Sterling
Back to top Go down
HIGUsan
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
HIGUsan

Number of posts : 54
Location / Country : Osaka, Japan
Registration date : 2008-09-11

An introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An introduction.   An introduction. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi Mark,
Glad to hear from you again.
I am playing strange toys around here even now.
Let’s enjoy big boy's noisy toys.
Back to top Go down
mp40
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

An introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An introduction.   An introduction. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:17 pm

HIGUsan wrote:
Hi Mark,
Glad to hear from you again.
I am playing strange toys around here even now.
Let’s enjoy big boy's noisy toys.

Hi HIGUsan!

Yes, let's enjoy these "toys"! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

An introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An introduction.   An introduction. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:58 pm

Quote :
Do you have any(like Australia's)restrictions on replica/modelguns? Anyway, did you get your original MGC P38 from a store or mail-order it?

Hi Mark,
I bought the MGC P38 from a store - at the time it was selling a range of MGC's from Thompsons to Walthers. Buy likewise, my budget was limited and the P38 was all I could afford that I liked!

Re NZ Gun laws. As I understand it (at the risk of going off-topic), we have very strict laws regarding firearms, with categories for:
general (shotguns, hunting rifles and target rifles) military style semi-autos (assault type weapons), pistols (for range use only); collectors (who can collect but not shoot the weapon) and theatrical (who can shoot them with blanks or real ammo: e.g. miltary re-enactors; film productions; theatre productions etc).

There are rules for gun storage and who, what and where guns may be utilised. But all in all, the rules and laws are pretty fair - unless you use one for self-defence! Then it's usually trial by jury (which can cost you your home to pay for the lawyer fees, even if your defence is successful).

At the moment there are no restrictions on Modelguns, blank guns or other RIFs (Replica Imitation Firearms). Of course illegal public exhibition of these brings down a whole raft of charges on anyone daft enough to do so.

But the Police here are extremely effective at dealing with ANY misuse. If they overstep the law themselves they can be questioned. Such as recently trying to re-interpret the existing laws - whereupon active gun owners took a class action to the High Court which found the Police have overstepped their authority, and reminded them that Courts MAKE the laws NOT the Police National arms officer & Police Commissioner!

There are new laws currently being passed regarding the new mega-hi-powered air rifles because a local drug dealer shot & killed an undercover cop with one. Currently anyone over 18 can own any air rifle without a licence.

Modelguns are classed as Toy guns (and in some cases Blank firers) and are exempt from any regulations at present. It's the use to which you try to use them that is covered in law.

Under NZ law, ANYTHING that is seen by a potential victim as being a firearm (e.g. a pice of black pipe) is subject to firearm laws. So attempting to rob a bank with a bit of wood painted back would see you charged with breaking as many firearms laws as possible - unless the SWAT Team dealt to you first!

Just one note:
Modelguns are seen and sold as blank-firing by some shops (& cops) - called PFC Blank-firers!
So go figure!

Hope that helps.

Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
mp40
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

An introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An introduction.   An introduction. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 7:04 am

kiwigunner,

Thanks for the information!

I had heard about your firearms laws beforehand, but, i was unsure about the replica guns situation. It sounds alot better than your neighbors restrictions!
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia

An introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An introduction.   An introduction. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:02 am

Hi Mark! Greetings from me - nice to see you here Very Happy ...

If the NZ gun law is strict then what about Australia's? Gun wise (down-under) it's heaven for Kiwis & HELL for Aussies Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
2Sharp
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 229
Location / Country : The Swedish Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

An introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An introduction.   An introduction. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 3:34 pm

NICE to see you here Mark Very Happy

As many have already said, without your old forums, i wouyldn't be here, or learned so much, or bought so many modelguns Shocked or "met" so many nice people as i have Smile

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

An introduction. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An introduction.   An introduction. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An introduction.
Page 1 of 1