MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG

Go down 
+7
Fight Designer
jim
ljerr2
claymore
smootik
Cerwyn
Pydracor
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

Number of posts : 240
Location / Country : Eugene, OR, USA
Registration date : 2008-09-10

TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 4:18 am

Just got this in my email:

Dear Sir,
Good day!.
Top M4A1 Shell Ejecting AEG is now good to go for pre-order.
Please get back to me if you want to continue to pre-order.

Price:

Top M4A1: $585 usd including 1 magazine and 30 shells
Spare magazine: $34 usd
Spare shells (30 pcs): $10 usd

Shipping: the package is heavy because of the additional original Top
Ar-15 Traveling Case

North America: $95
Europe: $105
Asia: $85

Best regards,

T Kashino
Echigoya Airsoft
Tokyo Japan
www.echigoya-guns.com

Back to top Go down
http://www.fightdesigner.com
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:49 am

Not too convinced with this one - the shells fly out way too unrealistic...
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 6:26 pm

Have to say i like this and now that we cant get caps in from Japan this might be our only way of gettting our shell ejecting fix, no cleaning either and i bet the shells dont get as trashed as modelgun ones.
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 169
Location / Country : Germany

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 5:06 pm

And another new video.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:54 am

Another excellent video, the more I see this the more appealing this TOP M4 becomes...

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 6:33 pm

its looks ok but factor in on top of the price an 11V Lipo ( as they wont ship them overseas I heard ) plus an appropriate charger as lipo`s cannot be charged on a regular charger ....

shame the shells are fake brass rather than real brass ...but they certainly are cheap

DOC
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Batteries, Printer Ink Cartridges and caps are on the list Japan Post won't ship.

A quick check now on Landwarrior Airsoft's site has Li-Po batteries - £20 or so

Li-Po chargers £20 for a budget one, £95 for an all singing, all dancing model.

I suppose this cost can be balanced out against PFC cartridges at £3 or more each and caps at £7 per 100 (minimum) now if you can get them. Still a big outlay on top of the price of this TOP gun though

Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:08 pm

dont know how good the budget lipo chargers are ...worth remembering that lipos can explode if overcharged ... you can see these on youtube Shocked

These do look good however one vid I looked at where two guys entered some room in camo gear the ejection looked a bit passive if you know what I mean...sounded a bit like a sewing machine and they flew out weird.

Not knocking the design though ...bloody brilliant and when they do the MP5 ( Im speculating ) it will be a great seller

DOC
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:31 am

Basically all AEG sound like sewing machine (so positively sewing machine sounds like AEG) Laughing ...watched that clip as well and yes the ejections look extremely unnatural - maybe the shells ejected without the ejector (because the shells out more to the front instead to the back)...

Talking about MP5 the VFC GBB version...latest news is the glued negotiation between Umarex (H&K) and VFC over the marking issue - while "Kal 9x19mm" will remain as per VFC's demand, Umarex insist "6mm BB" to be stamped around as well (due to legal issue as mentioned before)...I reckon if VFC approach Turkey's MKEK or Pakistan's POF instead of H&K then things will be much smoother (but then the meaning to make the official MP5 GBB will be lost Rolling Eyes )...let's see...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 12:27 pm

Budget chargers can be a waste of money sometimes, at least the much more expensive ones can charge all types of batteries and discharge them too.
Landwarrior's site has safety bags for sale intended to safely contain these Li-Po batteries during charging Shocked

The sewing machine sound made by all the AEGs is very offputting for me personally. It's just far to unrealistic. The saving grace for the TOP M4 is the shell-eject feature, at least it's throwing out spent cases even if some of the videos don't look quite right.
But if this gun is intended for Airsoft skirmishing, how many gamers will want to search through skirmish sites looking for their spent cases Question Not many I suspect.

But for us PFC Modelgun fans, these shell ejecting AEGs have an immediate appeal despite sewing machine sounds. A shell ejecting MP5 would, for certain, be on top of everybodies Wanted List

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 4:45 pm

This looks pretty good to me, OK the sound is not great but cheap rounds no cleaning and no worries on caps, buy a good few mags and you can fire till the battery runs out (pretty long time) i am not worried the rounds come out a bit strangly i doubt you will notice when firing it. Looks to me the only way to go with the no cap situation.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:21 am

Is the mag dual purpose - normally carrying 30 brass rounds and a tiny modification (reversible) can switch it to carry 400~500 BB for non-shell ejecting shooting... Question
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:47 am

More of this revolutionary (but reliability unknown) M4...

http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/index.php?topic=4150.0
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:48 am

jim wrote:
Is the mag dual purpose - normally carrying 30 brass rounds and a tiny modification (reversible) can switch it to carry 400~500 BB for non-shell ejecting shooting... Question

Then...I think any commercial AEG M16/M4 mag can be used...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:25 am

jim wrote:
More of this revolutionary (but reliability unknown) M4...

[url=http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/index.php?topic=4150.0
http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/index.php?topic=4150.0[/quote[/url]]

An excellent site this, really good insight into the internals of this TOP M4. Great find Jim, thanks Very Happy

Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 12:00 pm

Cerwyn,

This gun comes with a shell ejecting mode and regular electric mode (non shell ejecting) as a default. You do not have to alter or seek for conversion kit.

It has been long time since this gun was announced, little less 50K JPY, not bad I think.

S
Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 12:15 pm

Hmmm a bit of a worry that the demo model there is showing wear to the rack gear ( second tooth)

may wait and see what upgrades come out and how much they`ll cost.

of course it will be good after some UK airsofters have had them a bit to see what longevity they have Wink

DOC

Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:40 pm

Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 7:06 am

Feedback from the Streets: the ejection rod breaks just after 2 full mags - also the plastic shells deform quite easily Mad ...so whoever gets it please don't shoot it until spare parts available (fat chance for Top though) Crying or Very sad ...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:30 am

jim wrote:
Feedback from the Streets: the ejection rod breaks just after 2 full mags - also the plastic shells deform quite easily Mad ...so whoever gets it please don't shoot it until spare parts available (fat chance for Top though) Crying or Very sad ...

This is a great disappointment, what a let-down after all the promise this model had Exclamation No
One could argue that shells are cheap to buy so replacement wouldn't be so bad but ejection rods breaking so soon and doubtful spares availability Question Now that's just not on...

Back to top Go down
Vyking

Number of posts : 73
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:50 pm

Resurrecting this thread. Contemplating buying this (understand the issues, willing to risk it) but need to know what size handguard will fit it as I want a RIS kit on the front. Found a page a while back but can no longer remember what phrase I used to source it.
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 6:46 am

Let me know if you want me to measure something specifically to see the actual dimensions. I picked one of these up a while back after thinking about the inability to source caps in the future. Luckily I have a stockpile, but that's another story.

To anyone interested, the one I have seems to be very durable and doesn't have the trademark AEG sewing machine sound. The "clack-clack" of the bolt hides 90% of any electric motor sound. Very nice and quite loud when the bolt slams forward - probably almost as loud as my TK M4 using caps! I've seen some vids of the "latest" model at a shot show and it sounded just awful because of the overwhelming motor whine. No breakage of the ejector rod or anything else. I shot a few bb's just for grins, but I mainly got it for that shell ejecting effect. I have to say that the sound of the shells hitting the floor is very satisfying - more of a "plink" than the "thud" of any CP carts. I have probably cycled 600-800 rounds through it with no sign of any serious wear to the mechanism. I cannot say the same for the shells, though. They are cheap enough, so it was worth it to buy extras. Sometimes the shells only make it through a few times before their rims get deformed enough to produce ejection issues.
One of the nicest things is picking this up and "shooting" it on a whim - no hours of cleaning after going through several mag fulls! I do experience jams once in a while, I think mainly due to the re-use of cartridges that might be slightly deformed. Generally jamming is not much of an issue. I wish the gun had trademarks, though. Body kits are available now, but I haven't taken that plunge...............yet.

Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 2:58 pm

I bought Lj's, and put an aluminum RIS forend on it no problem. Mildly curious about swapping for a metal receiver, especially if I could find one with trademarks, but not sure where to start or how much more money I should put in this thing right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2