MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" Empty
PostSubject: Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley"   Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by shazhib

Colt SAA "Bisley" model from Hudson. SAA is a model, been made a modelgun by many makers, but "Bisley" is made by Hudson only for production basis. Hudson made a new mold to launch SAA series, this is derived version of regular SAA.

Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" P1010049-1

This model having brown colored hand guard and back strap. I heard a two stories about this color. One is, it was dyed in black, but due to Hudson quality, it changed to brown, the other is , it meant to be dyed in this color. At the very first time I got this model, I was not attracted very much, especially, the brown color. However, as time passed by, I start to like this gun, still be in my collection which I shuffle very frequently.

Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" P1010051-1

Close up of the marking
Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" P1010054

Markings on a barrel was done over parting line. I will find it outrageous if this is from MGC or CAW, however, told my self that:
"well, it's Hudson, you knew it mate!"
Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" P1010052

Close up on grip area. It is far better handling feeling than regular SAA. The grip is made from Bakelite. I found SAA grip is small (even for Japanese), how American (physically bigger than Japanese in average) can handle this. I always have been wondered.......
Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" P1010055

Another part adding a unique flavor....the hammer
Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" P1010056-1

Scene from the front. The gun with "dummy-cylinder"
Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" P1010057

This photo shows how it work. This is nothing custom or one-off, but genuine parts from Hudson. A model came with regular firing cylinder, but if you buy "dummy-cylinder" and the rounds, you can have this realistic view with no job. Insert a bullet from front, case from back. This cylinder can be used for regular Hudson SAA as well
Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" P1010059

Bottom of the case
Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" P1010060

Photo of box and regular firing rounds
Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" P1010062

Per request of a forum member, here are some photos of Hudson's regular SAA. Hudson also offers several barrel length.

Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" P1010037

Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" P1010036-1

And it's original box
Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" P1010040-2
S
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley"   Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by Mark

Thanks for the review Shazhib!

The Colt Bisley model has always been a fascinating firearm to me due to the way it looks. As far as i can tell, the grip frame looks the way it does due to the engineers at the time must have felt that the gun needed to be held lower in your hand for accuracy. Also, it seems that the Bisley models had entirely different trigger,hammer, hand and pawl assemblies. These new Bisley internal parts acted like a disconnector and prevented the trigger from being held down and the hammer being activated with the fingers of the shooters other hand. This prevented "Fanning" as the the Colt Bisley was meant for target shooting nothing else.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley"   Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by jim

Hi Shazhib - you made an excellent review on a not-so-excellent Hudson offering (a common knowledge for fellow modelgunners I believe).

For some reason I don't like the curve of the grip at all (this is the Bisley - not Hudson's fault) and the parting line on the barrel (apparently Hudson's fault!)

Do you have the Colt SAA (HW with brown grips) from Hudson as well - if possible please show some pics for it thanks...

But by now I'm certain...I'll get a SAA by either CAW or Rampant Classics!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley"   Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by Spencerman

I completely agree with you there Jim, for some reason I too am not too keen on that grip style, or on the hammer either if I am honest. I like the look of that cylinder though, I wonder how much they cost on their own? Maybe shazhib can get them, so perhaps a little info? I would be interested in one to see if I can modify it to fit a metal model.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley"   Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by shazhib

mark,

Thanks for your input. I did know Bisley is target model for SAA, didn't know about such features around trigger and hammer.

Jim,

Added Hudson SAA photo. Actually, Hudson's SAA is not bad at all. I heard some stories about those who kept avoiding (or scared?) Hudson model bought SAA. Yeah, Rampant Classic is very nice one, but the price is very nice as well.

Spencerman,

Dummy rounds & cylinder is still available ($35 cylinder, $30 rounds), but don't know if this can be fit to other maker's SAA.

Regards,

S
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley"   Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by jim

Shazhib...please don't misleading me with these pics - I'm afraid I'll be disappointed when I somehow get these for myself Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" Icon_wink

OK not everything from Hudson is crap...at least I can get excellent AK as well as the unbeatable Desert Eagles (I turned out having two .44s & a .50 "Hudson Eagle" - I wish I can get the more authentic ones Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" Icon_sad ...but the quality, as I mentioned before, unbeatable).

I believe getting a brand new Rampant Classics (with box, manual, cert.) nowadays is Mission Impossible even in Japan isn't it?

Slightly off the topic - the red plastic "Inspected" strap reminded me of the "Sterilized" strap on the toilet bowl of some exclusive hotels...

Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" SAARC2E4L1
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley"   Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by shazhib

Jim,

Small note to Rampant Classic.
Rampant Classic came out to a market back in 1996 (I guess), to aim "ultimate" SAA. Their focus was only SAA, therefore, no other model been released from RC (their released model in various barrel length in SAA).

RC modelgun was actually made by "Rocken" (so as Elan, Real McCoy), but sold under RC brand. Soon after, RC model was regarded as high end SAA model together with it's nice and detailed instruction. Also an important thing to note is, RC got official approval from Colt to use "Colt" marking on their model.

I don't know when they closed out their company, but RC closed out because the owner of the company felt
"I did what I want and what I can do"
So their were not closed by bad operation or insolvency. I assume the owner is some rich guy, this could have been his one of hobby.

Now, you cannot buy factory new model. You can buy excellent condition through an auction, usually the price range is 25,000yen or more.

Hope this will helps.

Regards,

S
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley"   Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hudson Colt SAA "Bisley"
Page 1 of 1