MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin Hi-Power teardown issues

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stechele
Stechele

Number of posts : 26
Location / Country : U.S.
Registration date : 2010-10-10

Marushin Hi-Power teardown issues Empty
PostSubject: Marushin Hi-Power teardown issues   Marushin Hi-Power teardown issues Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:48 am

My brother has a Marushin Hi-Power commercial version that we cannot teardown. I know he had issues assembling the gun and had a couple of pins in the wrong place(had them switched)and those issues were worked out. We test fired it and it works now, but now we cannot tear it down. I tried the suggestions in the older post with the same issue but have had no luck. There is some play in the slide lever when initially pushed, but I get a lot of resistance and am concerned about breaking something. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Hi-Power teardown issues   Marushin Hi-Power teardown issues Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:59 am

Hi Stechele,

I remember having some difficulty removing the slide lock lever from an abs Marushin Hi-Power.
Lining up the slide's notch with the lever and pushing the lever partially out from the right side pushed the lever out to the left just enough to get hold of it.
It did take a fair bit of pulling, more than I'd expect really, but it did come out eventually.

If you don't have the Marushin manual, or haven't seen this already, here it is:-

A little silicone oil on the lever's shaft during reassembly helps next time it's stripped.

I hope this helps

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Stechele
Stechele

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Hi-Power teardown issues   Marushin Hi-Power teardown issues Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 12:40 am

Well I pushed on the pin with the slide locked back, magazine removed. Even tried gently pulling on the barrel a little.
I grabbed the lever on the opposite side and actually bent the lever.
Back to top Go down
Stechele
Stechele

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Hi-Power teardown issues   Marushin Hi-Power teardown issues Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 12:45 am

Well I managed to bang out the lever pin. It seems the retention pin inside the recoil spring was "jammed" foreward, locking the lever pin in place. I lubed everything up and the lever pin comes out with a lot less effort.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Hi-Power teardown issues   Marushin Hi-Power teardown issues Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 12:05 pm

Glad to see you finally managed to pull the lever out. Thanks too for the explanation why you were having such a hard time with it.
Information like this will, no doubt, be useful to others later.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Hi-Power teardown issues   Marushin Hi-Power teardown issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin Hi-Power teardown issues
Page 1 of 1