MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin's Browning Hi-Power

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Marushin's Browning Hi-Power Empty
PostSubject: Marushin's Browning Hi-Power   Marushin's Browning Hi-Power Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by Mark

The Marushin "Browning" still looks great! I have always liked the "Hi power" but, I have yet to own one real or modelgun..But, it's still on my list.

It's interesting that the earlier versions of the Marushins have bad castings in both the zinc and plastic parts..Actually, I have an older MGC Luger that was made in the 1970's the quality of the zinc castings is very poor..The barrel actually broke off when I dropped it!

Perhaps, MGC was making the castings weak to satisfy Japanese law at the time just before 1972...

Last edited by Cerwyn on Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's Browning Hi-Power   Marushin's Browning Hi-Power Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by GmanUK

do you have a pic of ur MCG full metal m1911 i would like to see it Marushin's Browning Hi-Power Icon_biggrin
i bet there really rare i have never even heard of a MCG full metal pistol
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's Browning Hi-Power   Marushin's Browning Hi-Power Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by Mark

I think that the all (zinc) metal, MGC M1911's where produced mostly between 1967-1972 and possibly beyond 1972 for export only not Japan as they where banned by the swords/firearms act of 1972. As for the quality of the basic castings and finish of the MGC 1911 they are usually very nice with little porosity problems. My reference to "Weak castings" was either for the very early or the very late MGC metal modelguns and the zinc alloys are "soft" and easily broken if the part(s) are thin.

GmanUK,

The MGC all metal pistols like the M1911 are fairly rare compaired to other metal modelguns as MGC made the M1911's and their other all metal pistols for a few short years before production was cutoff in 72. I have had several over the years and you see them from time to time on eBay. Also, Denix makes a rather terrible copy of the MGC M1911 in zinc but, i would not recomend buying one!

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms

Last edited by Cerwyn on Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's Browning Hi-Power   Marushin's Browning Hi-Power Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by Mark

...you of course, have the cartridge box for the CP cartridges not the original dummy cartridges i think that i have an original MGC dummy .45 automatic cartridge box around here somewhere along with some dummy MGC cartridges for it. Does your 1911 have the pressed metal side-fire "firing pin" in it still?

Usually, i see them go for $75 on up on eBay when they show up for auction.

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms

Last edited by Cerwyn on Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's Browning Hi-Power   Marushin's Browning Hi-Power Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by Mark

MGC did not make a blowback version of the all metal M1911 that i am aware of..I had wished that they had at one time, just like their other all metal modelguns like their Beretta 1934 and their S&W 44 auto. But, since the 1911 was introduced late in the 60's or something to that effect, they never made the all metal 1911 a blowback model. I had the exact version that you have it does have what appears to be a detonator cast into the barrel but that is the cartridge stop pin. The manuals that where included with the all metal 1911 and others show the dummy cartridge like you and i have being loaded with a 5mm cap in the nose (backwards with the phosphorus towards the stop pin) these where just meant to be manually cycled after the cap went off. The cartridges that you have are solid except for the small recess in the nose that a 5mm cap will just barely fit into but the gas pressure that the cap releases when it fires dissipates too quickly to blowback the heavy zinc slide.

The MGC 1911's where imported into the U.S. in rather large numbers in the 1970's and 80's and they are fairly common as they where bought for display purposes. So, they don't really go for much usually here in the U.S. it's all what the buyers want to pay. I have passed up several of them on eBay during the last few years, as they cannot simulate the firing action properly in fact, i have sold all of my all metal modelguns if they cannot.

I want the Marushin,Hudson etc. all zinc modelguns because they are engineered to fire caps just like the ABS and the HW versions.

Last edited by Cerwyn on Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's Browning Hi-Power   Marushin's Browning Hi-Power Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by Guest

Thats a pity a metal blowback 45 would be great.

I have an MGC automag non blowback when i bought it i thought it was a blowback as i did not know that they had made non blowback versions. I picked it up cheap and thought i was getting a bargain DOH!!

It is a black ABS version and the rounds are as you say for the 45, they are solid and the cap is placed in the nose these take 7mm caps though.

Dont suppose you know if this model could be converted to fire blowback do you. I am also thinking of taking the bolt out and putting in the HW automag i have as the bolt on that breaks.

That said i have a metal MGC automag bolt turning up on mon so i am hoping that will work.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's Browning Hi-Power   Marushin's Browning Hi-Power Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:10 pm

Post by Mark

Well, the older display only MGC automag is a tricky modelgun to get the proper firing parts for as the detonators are hard to find and even then, i am not quite sure if they would work properly. They sold lot's of the display only automags over the years more i think, than the firing versions! The all zinc and steel bolts on these earlier automags can possibly be used in the later automags with the proper chamber mods. But, i have not really tried to do the mod myself yet.

The all zinc bolt assembly is very nice and i think that i can be made to work but my attempt at the conversion is still apart at this moment from 2 years ago...

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's Browning Hi-Power   Marushin's Browning Hi-Power Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Madmike

I just took a picture of my Marushin HiPower Commercial Vigilante outside in my garden. It is the old ABS metal finish version, side-fire system I guess.
It looks very similar.
Greetings
Mike
Marushin's Browning Hi-Power Browning-3JPG
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's Browning Hi-Power   Marushin's Browning Hi-Power Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Mark

Looks great and nice picture! And yes, that should be a side fire system as i don't think that Marushin had the center fire system at the time that the metalfinish series was being offered.

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's Browning Hi-Power   Marushin's Browning Hi-Power Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by Mark

As for the blowback metal guns like the earlier MGC's, they are hard to tell just what the factory intended them to be as i had a Kokusai all metal P38 (blued finish) that i thought that was a blowback model myself but, i realised that there was no way for the cap itself to blowback the heavy zinc slide.

There is alot of engineering involved in the modelguns blowback systems that we are familiar with today and most of the engineering is in the cartridges and spring balances.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's Browning Hi-Power   Marushin's Browning Hi-Power Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin's Browning Hi-Power
Page 1 of 1