MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

M712 Mauser (All Metal)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

M712 Mauser (All Metal) Empty
PostSubject: M712 Mauser (All Metal)   M712 Mauser (All Metal) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:44 pm

****Originally posted by illuminati****

Noticed alot of you seem to like the WW2 style guns, so thought this might go down well, was just browsing modelguns.co.uk and found that they have an M712 Mauser in stock, thought id let you all know

http://www.modelguns.co.uk/m712mauser.htm
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: M712 Mauser (All Metal)   M712 Mauser (All Metal) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:44 pm

****Originally posted by mark****

Yes, the WW2 guns are always seemingly the favorite models and then the M16's and the Thompsons..

But, the Mauser M712 is both a WW1 and a WW2 gun so it seems to remain popular..

I have an ABS M712 and I would like to get an all zinc version but, I can't at the moment.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: M712 Mauser (All Metal)   M712 Mauser (All Metal) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:45 pm

The C96 was a WW1 pistol but it was developed in 1896 so it actually pre-dates the war and the M712 was produced in the 1930-1943 time frame. However, most people don't easily distinguish the difference between them.

Astra actually made the first select fire version (copy?) of the Mauser C96 and Mauser followed much later with their version.

Yes, MGC and Hudson made all metal C96's too. But the MGC version was a display only version.

The Hudson version could fire caps but, it wasn't correct looking to me. Also, they are rare and, they are mostly the carbine version when you do find them. (Hudson does re-produce them from time to time)

In fact, I had a MGC C96 but, since it didn't fire caps, I sold it.

That is why I like the Marushin version as it can fire caps whereas the MGC could not.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: M712 Mauser (All Metal)   M712 Mauser (All Metal) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:45 pm

I don't have any Hudson 7.62 cartridges to compare to my Marushin cartridges so, I don't know if they will intrechange. They do look simular but I can't afford to buy some to check if they will.

Well, Marushin produced a 7.63 pistol that's close enough! I believe that CMC produced a TT-33 in the late 60' or the early 70's I have the picture somewhere around here.

Of course, you love the display only modelguns, as you can't fire them anyways...Besides, they do break quite easily when fired.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: M712 Mauser (All Metal)   M712 Mauser (All Metal) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:47 pm

****Originally posted by claymore****

I have wanted a Mauser M712 for a while but everytime i got round to buying one something like the new chicago thompson turned up.

The stock is something i would want to add but it costs a fortune at least £110 over here, which is nearly the price of another gun. So how strong does the ABS model feel, if things go OK over here then i will pick a metal one up but i am not sure on the plastic one as the mauser has a hell of a rate of fire and i wonder if the plastic can take the strain but i would like one because of the open barrel.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: M712 Mauser (All Metal)   M712 Mauser (All Metal) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:47 pm

The Marushin Mauser stocks have been expensive since i can remember wanting one for my ABS M712. They are usually around $175 or so, in the U.S. and a new Marushin kit is around $150 so, i would rather buy another M712 than a new stock.

As the stock is made out of wood i am sure that raises the price as Marushin probably has to out source the stocks as i am sure that Marushin doesn't have wood working equipment.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: M712 Mauser (All Metal)   M712 Mauser (All Metal) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:48 pm

Many pistols over the years have featured their own shoulder-stock/holster combinations. In fact, the Browning Hi-Power was one of these pistols and many of these where sold to the Chinese during WW2.

I have seen variants of the Browning M1903 .32 that had a very unique stock mounting area and the pistol could be stored in the stock along with it's special extended 20 round magazine that was necessary due to the special stock mount.

So, the Mauser was not the only pistol that featured the stock/holster idea.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: M712 Mauser (All Metal)   M712 Mauser (All Metal) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:49 pm

Ah yes, the fifth element! One of my all time favorite movies! I have seen it at least 20 times..But, notice the date at the start of the movie, 1916...a little early for the M712 isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M712 Mauser (All Metal)   M712 Mauser (All Metal) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M712 Mauser (All Metal)
Page 1 of 1