MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba

Go down 
+5
ljerr2
claymore
shazhib
MadMike
jim
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba Empty
PostSubject: M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba   M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 5:35 am

M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba Ad20100915

Still quite sketchy at the moment - but almost certain many parts will be interchangable with airsoft...and without authentic Colt marking...also unlike the airsoft version, no metal body this time (using same material with their GM7 - "amorphous nylon"...in short - plastic) - more to come...
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba   M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:59 am

Thank you! Mhm, I can notice an ultra short 10 inch barrel and an ambidextrous fire selector ... looking really interesting.

No metal body and no Colt markings though (Some people are mad about the Pony - there was a saying "If it's not a Colt, it's just a copy), but I have got that strange itching feeling again that I will need this model ... Please keep us updated!
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan

PostSubject: Re: M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba   M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 3:34 pm

It seems TK wants to release this around end of this year or early next year....hope that will happen.

S
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London

PostSubject: Re: M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba   M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 3:47 pm

Oh! Damn If this works as well as the GM7 then i will want one but i hate to think how much he will charge for it, maybe as you say Shaz you can put some metal airsoft bits on it and spend even more money, looks interesting though.
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba   M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 6:29 pm

interesting. Perhaps if there is enough support for this model we may even see an MP5! Could be bad news for my wallet, especially if makers such as Prime come up with metal bodies for this new M4. I will be forced to somehow justify its purchase and upgrade.
I'd better start saving.

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba   M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:33 pm

Some comments:
- TK worked with KJW to create airsoft M4. I would guess that he might base his own M4 construction on KJW body, to save on design and costs. Such a move would make it compatible, I hope, with fairly cheap airsoft aftermarket parts (excluding body itself of course)
- using CP cartridge design confirms further that BLK (open) cartridges just won't work in modelguns, as observed in other threads here.
- based on GM7 pricing (vs MGC 1911) this one might set a new level for modelgun prices (or not). Highly collectible, I guess :-/

Still I am happy that Tanio Koba is pushing forward :-)
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK

PostSubject: Re: M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba   M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 7:49 am

As smootik said it's interesting that they are not using the open carttridges as on the colt .45 scratch
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba   M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:04 am

8ace wrote:
As smootik said it's interesting that they are not using the open carttridges as on the colt .45 scratch

I believe open rounds will be a disaster during full-auto bursts...and also it seems TK decides to stick with the Canadian C8 ugly-looking mags (just won't learn from the mistakes)...one thing for sure - no Taiwanese version this time...
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan

PostSubject: Re: M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba   M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 2:23 pm

Jim,

You are right, GM7's open rounds still does not solve the issue for full auto firing.

FYI to everyone, it seems this model will go up to some 80,000JPY. Body shell won't be interchangeable with other metal airsoft body, but I think we can use metal outers, rail, foregrip or others.

I still find it is expensive, but considering not many new modelgun nowadays, and it is M4, it may worth selling several of other models and buy this.

S
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London

PostSubject: Re: M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba   M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 4:14 pm

YIKES!!!! that works out around £621 ish WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY too much, i have spent a lot on some hard to get models but at least they were steel. £400/450 and maybe i could justify and convince myself to buy one but over £600 + delivery? if thats the price it comes out at i would be suprised if its a success and i for one could not pay that.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba   M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 4:53 pm

Tanio Koba's reputation for producing superb quality modelguns that actually work make this M4 an attractive and desireable model but £620 + is a lot to pay for an ABS gun.

The GM-7 Colt at over £300 is also expensive but what worries me most is a comment by smootik that there are no spares available for the GM-7 Shocked Question
Is that correct Question

As much as I'd like one of each, no spare parts availability makes them non-starters for me.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba   M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 4:17 am

http://www.taniokoba.co.jp/m4mg_set/m4mg_ytup1130.html

Almost ¥80,000 but with smooth firing action & authentic Colt marking (and most importantly now enjoying monopoly on modelgun M4) - believe many still willing to pay up (no choice)...

I think I will - but wait till M16A2 (or A4) or other rare variants show up...
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)

PostSubject: Re: M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba   M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 7:36 am

The clip looks promising. bounce

Anyway you are right, Jim. There are a lot of M4 style carbines/commandos out there in the Airsoft/modelgun world. A full size rifle like the current M16A2/A4 would be great. Anyway that rifle should feature a three-round-burst then. Maybe that puts people off.

I doubt if this will ever come up with Colt markings. As far as I know the rights for using Colt markings with Airsoft and modelguns are with Cybergun/3P.
Back to top Go down
trevinator13

Number of posts : 33
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: m4 release date   M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 4:47 pm

Does anyone know when this gun will be available for purchase?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba   M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M4 Modelgun by Tanio-Koba
Page 1 of 1