MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC Ingram MAC 11

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MGC Ingram MAC 11 Empty
PostSubject: MGC Ingram MAC 11   MGC Ingram MAC 11 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by Claymore

COBRAY INGRAM MAC11
The Ingram has surely got to be a must for any modelgun collector, instantly recognizable due to the amount of screen time this little gun has had in Hollywood, possibly because of its amazing rate of fire and so cinematic potential.
The Ingram was developed by Gordon Ingram around 1970 at his military armament company (hence MAC).
Since its first development thee have been a number of companies who took over production of the model, cobray being one.
MGC Ingram MAC 11 Ingram
FIRST IMPRESSIONS
For me this was a must have and about the 2nd modelgun i bought. The Ingram could i suppose be called ugly as there are no frills or sophistication to its design its plain and simple but there is just something the Ingram has that makes everything about it look right.
Would the modelgun do the real thing justice?
The MGC modelgun does not disappoint, when you first open the box and look at it, it does look the part. It has a dull black finish which is just right for this gun and the dimensions must be close to the real thing.
Pick it up and again it feels right, not as heavy as the real steel of course but it has more weight and chunkiness to feel right. This model is the heavy weight version with the cobray markings, MGC's earlier models were plastic with MGC in place of the cobray symbol obviously plastic is a bit lighter. The HW does make a good amount of difference to the gun in looks and feel.
Earlier models i think were full auto only but now the select lever allows full and semi auto fire.
ACCESSORIES
The Ingram would not be complete without its silencer and the model can be bought on its own or as a full set which includes the silencer and a grip strap, some models also include a mag loader but i have never got one.
The silencer is supposed to be made of a metal alloy and so be cold to the touch, mine however is not cold and seems to be covered in a thin rubber. It is not that heavy but when the silencer is attached it does add a good amount of weight and makes the Ingram look the business. Of course the silencer is a dummy and has no effect on the report of the gun. To fit the Ingram's barrel is threaded on the outside and you simply screw the silencer on, taking care not to cross thread as the Ingram barrel is plastic.
The Ingram also comes with its own integral stock, to unlock you push the sides of the shoulder piece in and fold down then push a button located underneath the receiver (at the rear) and pull the stock out, to replace the stock just reverse the procedure. The stock is surprisingly good considering its size especially when the silencer is in place.
The select fire lever is on the left side to the front and the safety is on the the right to the front on the bottom of the receiver.
LOADING AND FIRING
The Ingram is a .380 cal and comes with 16 or 32 round mag's. The mag fits in the grip of the gun. The charging handle is on the top of the gun and is pulled to the rear when ready to fire. The Ingram works from an open bolt. Rounds for the Ingram like all modelguns have progressed over the yrs and the current style of cp round is used for this model. The round is small so takes a 5mm cap, old style open rounds can still be obtained but they do get the gun dirtier quicker and so by the 2nd mag jams can start with the older round.
A 16 round mag just does not do this model justice, the Ingram is supposed to match the real steel in rate of fire and i think it does. Pull the trigger and in about a second and a half the 32 round mag is empty, it takes practice to get burst fire with this model but the beauty of the Ingram is its incredible rate of fire and the noise it makes, not loud but a constant PHWWEEERT which sounds superb.
You need time to fire this gun as one mag is just not enough and it will take tims to set the rounds up for another firing but it is worth it. Watch where you fire it though as those rounds go everywhere, there is no way you can keep track of them they are too small, so try to find something to catch them in.
I cannot praise the firing of this model enough all modelguns are fun but this one just lets rip (pardon the pun). its not as reliable as say a Thompson but its rate of fire and therefore fun factor make up for that.
One thing though keep the rounds and the gun well lubed as its rate of fire means if the blowback is hindered the gun will jam.

PROBLEMS
Of course there are problems what modelgun doesn't get problems. I had 2 feed ramps break on me and 1 bolt in the first few weeks i had the gun and i had only fired about 20 rounds through it as it would not fire more than 1 round at a time. No reason could be found for the breakages and since then not a problem but it worried me just to pull the trigger when it finally got repaired.
I now have 4 Ingram's 3 HW, 1 plastic, 2 fire old style rounds, 1 fires the new cp style and one the real look rounds. I have had no problems with any of them since the initial breakages (fingers crossed).
One thing about the real look rounds, they are larger than the cp type and so you can only get about 16-18 in a 32 round mag which is a pain and although they do work i have found they are prone to jam more frequently due to the larger dimensions, but they do look good.
MGC Ingram MAC 11 Ingram1
OVERALL
Would i recommend buying one, well i have 4 so that must say something but yes i would, they are a superb firing gun and as close to the real thing in looks that i have seen. Although not a classic gun in real time use (although i think the Israeli forces used it for aircraft Hi-Jacks) it has a classic image through film and is a worthwhile addition to anyone's collection.
Update time, 1 vid to go with the review. This is the HW version but with the old style open round detonator pin, i find the old style rounds far better in this gun (a lot quicker and easier to load as well) i wonder if the cp rounds are too powerful for this model as i had a lot of breakages when i used them and they were never as reliable.
Both MGC and Marushin caps were used and i think you can tell the difference. the mag had 25 rounds in it and the last vid looks like single shot but it was not i just wanted to show how controlled the burst fire could be.

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v627/claymore/?action=view&current=ingram.flv
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

MGC Ingram MAC 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Ingram MAC 11   MGC Ingram MAC 11 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by Mark

Nice review Claymore! I like the pictures (although, you could have added more if you liked) yes, the Ingram is a must have as far as submacine guns go. I only have one MAC 11 and it's an earlier ABS version with a HW bolt and replacement selector parts from a Denix all metal Ingram copy to allow the selector to function. The earlier MGC MAC 11's where indeed full-auto only with a fixed in place fake selector.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

MGC Ingram MAC 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Ingram MAC 11   MGC Ingram MAC 11 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by Mark

What a great video claymore! That Ingram sounds so cool! I am impressed by the burst fire that you where doing as it probably slowed the rate of fire down to 900 or so rpm instead of 1500-1800 rpm....

I rate that video with MGC Ingram MAC 11 Icon_lol MGC Ingram MAC 11 Icon_lol MGC Ingram MAC 11 Icon_lol MGC Ingram MAC 11 Icon_lol MGC Ingram MAC 11 Icon_lol MGC Ingram MAC 11 Icon_lol MGC Ingram MAC 11 Icon_lol MGC Ingram MAC 11 Icon_lol MGC Ingram MAC 11 Icon_lol MGC Ingram MAC 11 Icon_lol

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MGC Ingram MAC 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Ingram MAC 11   MGC Ingram MAC 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC Ingram MAC 11
Page 1 of 1