MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inherited collection. What do I have?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SpaceCrawler

Number of posts : 7
Location / Country : CA, USA
Registration date : 2014-02-11

Inherited collection. What do I have? Empty
PostSubject: Inherited collection. What do I have?   Inherited collection. What do I have? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 7:33 pm

I just inherited a big collection of model guns. Most seem in good condition. Some of these came in multiples with some being mint (may not be pictured). Problem is I'm not at all familiar with this hobby. I was wondering if someone could let me know what I have and an approximate value? Any input very much appreciated!!!

Most of these say MARUZEN or MGC on them. The AK47 just has SMG on it. The pistol in the third picture is a CO2 pistol, I think. The gun in the last image doesn't seem to have any markings but "COLT AR-15, Colt industries, more text, Japan".

Inherited collection. What do I have? 2_2

Inherited collection. What do I have? 1_2

Inherited collection. What do I have? 3_1

Inherited collection. What do I have? 4

Sean
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Inherited collection. What do I have?   Inherited collection. What do I have? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 8:41 am

That is a nice collection you have there!

The AK should be a zinc model made by Hudson. "SMG" stands for safe Metal Gun. Hudson has closed down and these models are quite rare, but spare parts and carts are no longer available.

The AR-15 "XM177E2" is interesting. I have never seen something before although I am quite familiar with AR-15 modelguns. The front sight is odd. Maybe it is an Airsoft rifle? More pics would help.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Inherited collection. What do I have?   Inherited collection. What do I have? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 12:50 pm

Well the Thompson looks like an MGC 1928 thompson, looks like you have 2 MGC Ingram mac 11's. The double barrels short shotgun could be a Hudson mad max the other one is that one of the maruzen airsofts? you have a mini UZI which i would assume is airsoft, spring gas co2 dont know we need more close up pics of all to be sure. You have a beretta 92 pistol but again withought more pics it could be airsoft or model gun and from a number of companies.
Back to top Go down
SpaceCrawler

Number of posts : 7
Location / Country : CA, USA
Registration date : 2014-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Inherited collection. What do I have?   Inherited collection. What do I have? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 11:50 pm

Thanks guys!!! here are some details:

The Beretta pistol is marked MARUSHIN.

The riot shot gun is marked MARUZIN.

The Mad Max looking sawed-off shotgun is marked HUDSON Combat Shotgun.

The AK 47 is marked HUDSON.

The Ingrams are marked MGC. There is also a screw-on silencer for one.
One of them seems to have a jammed mechanism. But with some work I might able to unjam it.

The Uzi (?) is marked MARUZIN. I have two of these, one mint, one pictured.

The CO2 pistol is marked GAMO.

The AR15 is marked COLT AR-15 Property US GOVT M16A1 CAL. 5.56MM. 528083 KOKUSAI JAPAN. It's partly plastic, might be Airsoft?

The Thompson might be a replica gun. All metal and wood. I don't think it shoots anything (like blanks or pellets). I do also have a Thompson that shoots those yellow plastic pellets. That one is made with some plastic parts - maybe that one is Airsoft?

Sean
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Inherited collection. What do I have?   Inherited collection. What do I have? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 8:10 am

Well, the Beretta could be a modelgun Marushin have and still do make a number of versions of the 92, does the mag look like it takes real rounds? if so its probably a modelgun and you can still get rounds and caps for this so it will fire (also needs a pin in the barrel whcih hopefully it has) these fire very well.

Maruzen pump shotgun is a springer i would think, dont know if this takes shotgun cartridges loaded with BB's or works anothr way.

The mad max looking shotgun is a mad max replica made by Hudson, it may be possible to still get some cartridges for this so it can fire.

MGC Ingrams are modelguns and will fire and fire at a hell of a rate, really good. easy to strip and clean up i am sure there are instructions for this on the instrcutions page of this forum (also for most of the other models worth taking a look)

UZI Maruzen, another springer airsoft i assume?

Gamo pistol, straight forward co2 air pistol

Tha AR15 is interesting i dont anyhting about Kokusai making one as a modelgun, sure someone on the forem might know.

The Thompson could be an MGC or just a plain replica, does it not have MGC anywhere on it? what kind of bolt does it have we can tell a lot by taking a look at the bolt if you can tak some photos.
Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 119
Location / Country : Cambs, UK
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Stuck Ingram?   Inherited collection. What do I have? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 10:15 am

Hiya,

Just a thought, but is the groove in the bolt on the stuck Ingram at right angles to the frame? i.e. not in line with the barrel? If so, it is one of the safety devices on the model, just rotate it 90 degrees and it should move freely. If not, you will have to strip it; it is easy enough, and as already said, the instructions are on this site.

Good luck

Andy
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 169
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Inherited collection. What do I have?   Inherited collection. What do I have? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 6:37 pm

That Kokusai might be one of the rare "Superweapons". I tought, they only built M16A1 models, but of course it's very well possible, that they also built an XM...

The Kokusai Superweapons were modelgun/airsoft-hybrids with the 6mm BBs traveling through a barrel where the gastube would be on a realsteel. This is an old ad for the Kokusai M16A1 Superweapon.

Never seen the frontsight of one of these guns, but with an airsoft-barrel traveling through the frontsight it would be only logical to look like the one on your foto.

Is there a slot where you could put in BBs, when you pull back the charging handle?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inherited collection. What do I have?   Inherited collection. What do I have? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inherited collection. What do I have?
Page 1 of 1