MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin Pistols

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Marushin Pistols Empty
PostSubject: Marushin Pistols   Marushin Pistols Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:10 pm

**** Originally posted by rizzo ****

Hello chaps

Just wondering what are the differences between the MGC and Marushin semi-auto pistols? In mechanism that is, and the composition of the barrel etc

many thanks
Joe
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Marushin Pistols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin Pistols   Marushin Pistols Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:11 pm

My second barrel for my old version MGC 1911 MkIV series 70 just snapped. Its got a big crack at the point where the grub screw that holds the detonator in place is... It's made of ABS but i imagine its just old plastic... the new barrels don't fit the old version...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Marushin Pistols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin Pistols   Marushin Pistols Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:11 pm

**** Originally posted by mark ****

Rizzo,

When you remove the detonator from the barrel for cleaning (i suppose that you do so) do you also remove the detonator "grub" screw? What i have seen is the screw, which is usually left in the barrel when the detonator is removed, ends up rusting if it has any water on it after assembly and the pistol is stored. The rust grows and causes strain in the area of the screw and when the pistol is fired again this built up strain in this area shows up. Also, when the screw is over tightened this also can stress the barrel in a bad way.

My recomendation is to replace the screw with a stainless steel screw or coat the standard screw with grease to prevent it from rusting. Also, be aware when tightening the screw that you can strip out the threads or cause stresses to build up in the area. I stripped my MGC Mac 11's detonator screw threads twice and i had to go to a larger detonator screw

Perhaps a new barrel can be found and bought so you can get your MGC back firing again.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Marushin Pistols Empty

Well, this one was about a month old, and has had about 14 cartridges thru it I noticed a hair line crack a couple of days ago, and when i stripped it again today, the crack had gone right thru. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Marushin Pistols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin Pistols   Marushin Pistols Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:12 pm

Really, if the barrel has cracked then there really isn't much that you can do. Other than trying to glue it with ABS glue and pressing it togther with a vise or a clamp of some kind.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Marushin Pistols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin Pistols   Marushin Pistols Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:12 pm

Yep, am trying superglue, then if that fails, some expoxy resin...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Marushin Pistols Empty

**** Originally posted by claymore ****

Had they same problems with barrels but they were chrome, where did you get the model from as spare barrels are available.

My series 70 chrome model went through 3 barrels i now have a black normal (not series 70) in it but have not tested it yet.

I did put a new series 70 barrel in it but the old barrel pin would not fit, the standard 45 barrel took the pin though and will fire the older rounds.

I did have another problem in that the retaining pin for the barrel cam was to thick so had to get a thinner one. As i say i have only fired a couple of rounds through it so far just to make sure the new bits would work, i now need to test it with a few mags and believe me i will be holding my breath when i do.

I am suprised the black barrel went, did you get a jam.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Marushin Pistols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin Pistols   Marushin Pistols Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:13 pm

Rizzo, you need to use ABS glue as you need the ABS to "melt" and basically weld itself together. "superglue" doesn't melt the ABS it relies on the glues strength itself to hold the parts together and superglue is tough and strong but it really doesn't bond with the ABS well.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Marushin Pistols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin Pistols   Marushin Pistols Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:13 pm

Claymore,

When your barrels break, where do they usually break? Is it in the same place that rizzo is having the problem with? Also, the barrel link pin if it is too small it could cause stresses in the link area weakening the barrel at that point. I am looking into obtaining an aluminum barrel that is intended for airsoft and converting it to modelgun use perhaps that will end the breakage problem.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Marushin Pistols Empty

Claymore- It has broken whilst 'running in' a new slide for the gun (its a MkIV SSeries 70 Government). The first barrel broke where the pin is driven thru, and now this one has cracked around the grub screw.

Mark- I'll get hold of some glue. I've been looking into modifying an airsoft barrel, but retaining the detonator is my main problem at the moment.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Marushin Pistols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin Pistols   Marushin Pistols Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:14 pm

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=GD-PT-WA09FSCW_cat_Guarder%20Parts%20for%20Pistol

Thats for a WA MkIV Series 70, and you screw the outer barrel onto that... It looks perfect from what i can see, and although the projection where the pin is (not sure of its name) isn't exact, it should do the job... Just need to devise a method of holding the detonator in place without blocking the barrel. Perhaps the detonator could be held in the screw on out barrel? Any ideas?

Edit- Actually I've just had a brainwave

If you look at the picture, the grub screw hole on the original plastic barrel is about where the thread is on the metal chamber. Now, if some blocks of plastic or w/e could be fixed in place (using epoxy resin maybe, then a screw of some sort (with a tapered end for the detonator) could be placed inbetween the blocks and a nut screwed on top of that to fasten the detonator in place The nut is tightened and the the outer barrel screwed onto the chamber.

Hows zat?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Marushin Pistols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin Pistols   Marushin Pistols Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:14 pm

My first barrel on the kimber broke in the same place and 3 other chrome barrels cracked and split where the barrel joins the chamber, just above the the lug for the cam.

I also had fired only about 5 rounds when the barrels went, i had thought it was only a problem with chrome barrels but it seems not.

I have not tested the new barrels yet and now i am really worried they will go the same way.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Marushin Pistols Empty

I'm definately going to try and mod one of the WA 1911 metal barrels to fit, its ridiculous buying all these new ones...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Marushin Pistols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin Pistols   Marushin Pistols Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:15 pm

decided to try the Kimber and was waiting for the barrel to break and suprise , suprise it didn't, however the extractor claw did (for the 2nd time) so now i need a new one again.
So far i have had no luck with the kimber i never get passed one mag before it breaks again, yet other models go on and on. Is this a colt 45 problem as other models just dont suffer in the same way but then again i have an old gold cup 6inch custom which has never given me a problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Marushin Pistols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin Pistols   Marushin Pistols Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin Pistols
Page 1 of 1