MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Denix MP40 maintance question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kroenen

Number of posts : 10
Location / Country : NY, USA
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Denix MP40 maintance question Empty
PostSubject: Denix MP40 maintance question   Denix MP40 maintance question Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 5:14 pm

I received my Denix MP40 and as most of you know i'm new to collecting model guns. This is my first and noticed it was lubricated with some sort of oil. Is this oil made to keep it from rusting? How often do I lubricate it and what type of lubrication do I need? Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Denix MP40 maintance question   Denix MP40 maintance question Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 6:15 pm

I would think the oil is simple packing oil to protect it in transit, blank firers normally have the same. I would take itall off nad clean the gun up as for oil well to be honest as the denix is none firing it really does not need any as only the working parts need lube so unlesss you are going to cock and fire the bolt a few hundred times a day you really dont neeed it but if you want to put some oil then a light oil (3 in1 type here in the UK) or even a real gun oil on teh bolt just on the parts that touch the inner of the receiver is all you need. you can also use a gun silicone cloth to wipe the outside of the gun on the the parts you touch to get rid of the oils from your hands but as the gun is not real steel it does not mattterthat much.

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kroenen

PostSubject: Re: Denix MP40 maintance question   Denix MP40 maintance question Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 11:26 pm

Awesome! Thanks for your help! Cool
Back to top Go down
Kroenen

PostSubject: Re: Denix MP40 maintance question   Denix MP40 maintance question Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 4:46 am

Best place to get this gun silicone cloth?
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Denix MP40 maintance question   Denix MP40 maintance question Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 6:52 am

I bought a cloth some time back from a gun shop. Didn't cost a lot.
But, since these guns are not steel, they can probably be wiped with cloth and something like CRC or WD40 like I have tried, and also I tried ArmorAll. They all work OK.

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Denix MP40 maintance question   Denix MP40 maintance question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Denix MP40 maintance question
Page 1 of 1