MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Denix Beretta M92 question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
seany

Number of posts : 3
Location / Country : Australia
Registration date : 2010-03-28

Denix Beretta M92 question Empty
PostSubject: Denix Beretta M92 question   Denix Beretta M92 question Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:11 pm

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to disengage the slide from a Denix M92? Or if it's even possible? I'm currently trying to replace the guide rod.

The disassembly latch button is non operative, but it seems like the actual take down lever might be working but glued in place. Shocked

If anyone has any info I'd appreciate it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Denix Beretta M92 question   Denix Beretta M92 question Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 7:02 pm

Welcome to the forums seany Denix Beretta M92 question Icon_biggrin

I haven't handled a Denix M92 personally but it's likely one or more of our members here have
If it's strippable, we'll soon know.

It seems odd that the takedown latch is glued in place, did you buy this new or as used replica?

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
seany

PostSubject: Re: Denix Beretta M92 question   Denix Beretta M92 question Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 7:15 pm

Cheers for the welcome Very Happy

To be honest, I have no idea if it's a used replica or not; it looks used but this may just be a result of Denix's notoriously dodgy molds/materials. Bought it from a militaria museum here in Australia, there isn't exactly much choice concerning modelguns here because of our strict and ambiguous gun laws.

The reason I suspected that the takedown lever may be somewhat functional is because all the inactive parts of the pistol (slide release, safety) are part of the topslide or frame mold, whereas the takedown lever is a seperate part.

I'll probably end up prying the thing off when my curiosity becomes too much to bear. Cool

I want to replace the guide rod because the rest of the piece is matte black but the guide rod is bright chrome.

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
lampwick
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
lampwick

Number of posts : 359
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Denix Beretta M92 question   Denix Beretta M92 question Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:02 pm

Why not save yourself the trouble and spray paint the guide rod black?
Back to top Go down
seany

PostSubject: Re: Denix Beretta M92 question   Denix Beretta M92 question Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:13 am

That was also an option, but I would want to remove the guide rod to spray paint it anyway. It would be tricky to paint it without disassembly, as there is no slide lock.

Plus, there is so much friction on a guide rod that I'm not sure the paint would last long anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Denix Beretta M92 question   Denix Beretta M92 question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Denix Beretta M92 question
Page 1 of 1