MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need help finding a full metal modelgun revolver!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ParanoiDave

Number of posts : 2
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2011-02-26

Need help finding a full metal modelgun revolver! Empty
PostSubject: Need help finding a full metal modelgun revolver!   Need help finding a full metal modelgun revolver! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 4:26 pm

Hey there, I'm new to the forum.

I've been looking ALL OVER for full metal revolver replicas of model S&W M29, S&W M686, Colt Python, and Colt King Cobra.

I cannot seem to find ANY sites that have them available. Model Guns Worldwide (modelguns-worldwide.com) doesn't have any full metal replicas left. They are completely sold out. Same with tokyohobby, and I can't seem to find any on Francky's. They only have ABS models, and I'd like something a bit heavier and more realistic.

Does anyone know where I'd be able to purchase a full metal replica?

And by the way, I know there are full metal Colt Pythons manufactured by Denix (though they are non-firing), but I cannot confirm that they are going to be of high quality, and I was informed that they cannot hold dummy rounds of .38 special or .357 magnum, because the holes are smaller than the real-steel version.

That being said, anyone who has used Denix replicas, are you satisfied?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Need help finding a full metal modelgun revolver!   Need help finding a full metal modelgun revolver! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 4:57 pm

Hello Dave and welcome to the forum.

There's a good possibility that one of the forum's members may have one to sell privately. For that reason I'll move your post over to the Buy/Sell category here.

I would e-mail Francky to ask if he could find you a full metal revolver. He has access to the large second-hand and new markets in Japan so may well find one to order.

Modelguns-Worldwide haven't updated their website fully since April/May 2010 and haven't responded to contact enquiries since then either.

Other possible sources are forum member shazhib, also in Japan, and John at www.plugfirecapgunsuk.com

I hope this helps,

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
ParanoiDave

Number of posts : 2
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Need help finding a full metal modelgun revolver!   Need help finding a full metal modelgun revolver! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 5:27 pm

Hey Cerwyn,

Yes, you have helped a lot! Thanks!

And thank you for the heads-up about Model Guns Worldwide! I would still be trying to contact them now! I thought the message about the family illness on their site was fairly recent.

Ugh, I just wish modelguns were still being produced as much as they were in the 80s. Makes me feel like I was born too late, haha.

Anyway, thanks for the help, hopefully I can get one in soon, it would be a great addition to my films!

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Need help finding a full metal modelgun revolver!   Need help finding a full metal modelgun revolver! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 6:34 pm

It's my pleasure Dave.

Keep checking in, a revolver will turn up from somewhere. We've a number of Film producers amongst the membership. Perhaps one of them might have a spare available too.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help finding a full metal modelgun revolver!   Need help finding a full metal modelgun revolver! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help finding a full metal modelgun revolver!
Page 1 of 1