MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old Kokusai M66 Metal Stainless Steel 2.5in Revolver

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Old Kokusai M66 Metal Stainless Steel 2.5in Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Old Kokusai M66 Metal Stainless Steel 2.5in Revolver   Old Kokusai M66 Metal Stainless Steel 2.5in Revolver Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:59 pm

*** Originally posted by weekf ***

Man I was at this gun show today and saw this rare item a Kokusai metal made silver colour stainless steel 2.5in revolver. When I said metal it is really in METAL construction weigh almost 1kg no bull. No box but comes with 6 cartridges. Sold for around US$400 do you guy think it is worth it? I am going back to buy this tomorrow. It is a bit old but I think I can just polish it since it is metal built.

I think this was manufactured back in 1980's and impossible to get silver metal gun in Japan nowadays. All metal made gun now is in yellowish zinc colour am I right?

The price is a bit high but do you guys think I should get it and any idea what will the future value like? Is it worth collecting since Japan not allowed to produce anymore silver colour metal replica?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Old Kokusai M66 Metal Stainless Steel 2.5in Revolver   Old Kokusai M66 Metal Stainless Steel 2.5in Revolver Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:59 pm

*** Originally posted by spencerman ***

Are you sure that it has just not been polished to a silver finish?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Old Kokusai M66 Metal Stainless Steel 2.5in Revolver   Old Kokusai M66 Metal Stainless Steel 2.5in Revolver Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:00 pm

*** Originally posted by weekf ***

Nope. I can tell it is originally in silver colour. It is exactly the same as those metal M66 or M19 you can see on modelgun.co.uk but since it is sold on that website they took the price off the website therefore can't tell how much it is sold for and worth.

Francky if you are looking at this post do you think Kokusai did produce this silver metal S&W M66 or M19 back in the 1980's? Do you think they worth about US$400.00 now? Thanks Francky.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Old Kokusai M66 Metal Stainless Steel 2.5in Revolver   Old Kokusai M66 Metal Stainless Steel 2.5in Revolver Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:00 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

I would have thought that this inquery on this Kokusai would have garnered more replies as it sounds like a nice modelgun (eventhough it is a revolver ) I am sure that the finish wasn't silver originally if it was manufactured in 1980 as the last all metal modelguns (handguns) that where made with any finish other than gold was in 1977.

Japanese law prohibits all metal, pistol sized modelguns from being made with blued,black,parkerized,nickle,chrome finishes after 1977, as the gold is used to identify it as an approved all metal modelgun. All metal modelgun versions of rifles,shotguns as well as submachine guns where (thankfully!) excluded.

However, it should be noted that Hudson somehow gets away with making its Scorpion VZ61 with a blued finish
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Kokusai M66 Metal Stainless Steel 2.5in Revolver   Old Kokusai M66 Metal Stainless Steel 2.5in Revolver Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old Kokusai M66 Metal Stainless Steel 2.5in Revolver
Page 1 of 1