MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire Empty
PostSubject: Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire   Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:39 pm

Post by Phobus

I had some fun last night , loaded up some cartridges and prepared my full - metal M 712 Schnellfeur .

I have owned it for several months but never fired it . I like the model so much it was enough just to get it out to have a look every now and then.

Also , I had it in mind that the shooting experience would be a disappointment , which unfortunately has been the case with most modelguns I have used Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire Icon_cry

The house was empty and I was in the dining room , wooden flooring so good acoustics ( great for music ) nice and echoey . So 10 cartridges goes in the mag easy - can,t figure how to use the stripper clip so discarded that .

Here we go , pull back the bolt and chamber cartridge number one , the bolt is reluctant to close all the way so push it forward a bit with index finger . crack , jam , first round fired with very little noise and tiny smoke then jammed on exit in the closing bolt ( mmmmm....this rings a bell )

Clear the jam and we go again . BBBBbbbrrrraaappppp !!! all 9 rounds gone in one second with great sound and lots smoke . Empties everywhere really flings the carts out but STRAIGHT UP !!! So they were hitting me on the head !! OUCH ! That ,kin hurts !!

Well that was it , reloaded and went again and no misfires . The model really does function as well as it looks , and it LOOKS amazing . Ok the shiny brass finish is not for everyone , and hardly authentic but it gives it the look of a museum piece or some kind of one off special that you see firearms companies turn out for bicentenials etc .

Also mine has already started to fade , or have I just got used to it ?? The cartridges take quite a hammering , only 3 shots each and already showing deep scratches and dents you can catch your skin on , must get walloped by the extractor on the way out ?

I read that "N" designates semi auto fire but mine was on Full-Auto at that setting . Will have to try swiching it to " R" and trying again . Anyway , what a great pistol , and probably one of the main reasons I got into modelguns . I know there are extra,s available for this , the stock looks nice , and the oversize ( 20 rds ? ) mag ?

The mag would be practical but imo spoil the lines of the gun , make it look like a cheap airsoft so I will give it a miss althouigh I would,nt mind a spare standard mag .

For those unfamiliar with this model , pics here .

http://www.modelguns.co.uk/m712.htm

thanks CARL.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire   Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by Claymore

yes the 712 is a nice gun, looks old at first but relly grows on you and if it was good enough for Winston its good enough for me. you will get a few problems at times there is one part that is known to break, i will have to check the model instructions to let you know which one, also the rubber buffer inside the bolt assembly moves and causes rough edges which prevent the gun from working right a file and repositioning of the rubber will cure the problem.
get the 20 round mag you need it, if only you could get a drum mag for it.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire   Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by Mark

Yes, the Mauser M712 is a great firearm as well as a great modelgun! Sir Winston Churchill carried the C96 "broom handle" and it never let him down! My Marushin M712's (both the ABS and zinc versions) have not had very many problems firing etc. Claymore is correct, they do have some breakage areas. However, I have yet to break any parts. Yes, definitely obtain the 20 round magazine! (and spare cartridges too Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire Icon_biggrin )

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire   Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:41 pm

Post by Stinger

Wow - that sounds great. The fact the the cartridges are ejected straight up and back is interesting. Does anybody know if this is authentic? I guess it would be, but I should not be to hard to install some small metal piece that makes them go to the right.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire   Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by Mark

Yes, the real Mauser C96/M712 does indeed eject straight up! It is annoying, but you can get used to it! (I had the real "Bolo" version of the Mauser in 7.63 and it too, ejected straight up)

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire   Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by Phil_D

Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire Icon_lol Mine is currently with Shazhib complete with 20 round mag and cartridges.

Thanks for the review, can't wait to get it now !
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire   Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by Claymore

I dont mind straight up ejection it makes it a damn site easier to find the rounds the ppsh is the same nabd it looks pretty good when you let of a drum
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire   Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by Phobus

Thanks Guys ,

Appreciate the response . Claymore , you have got me worried now Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire Icon_confused

Could you be a bit more specific as regards what might break and why ?

The model seems very well made / solid is why I went for it , even looks like steel in places , although I understand it is mostly zinc .

Looking at it , you would not imagine there is much that CAN break , also It looks like a complicated piece to strip , and I know the REAL MAUSER is according to what I have read ?

Just going back to the upward ejection , I bet that can cause problems with the real steel with red hot rounds bouncing off your head and down the back of your shirt !! ..I wonder if THATS why Winston wore a TOP HAT !! Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire Icon_lol

The ROF is fast . Probably not like an Ingram ( for instance ) but still so quick that I was unable to see any movement from the bolt / hammer !! Even though I was looking out for it , and Its funny , you spend time setting it up and preparing the carts , and its over in under a second !!

I would be interested if anyone else who owns this model has had any problems , and how they repaired them ?

Thanks CARL.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire   Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by Phobus

Phil_D wrote:
shazhib wrote:
I have M712 zinc as well which I got brand new, but I also be in a situation:
"to shoot or not to shoot, that is the problem".
Phil_D,
Any suggestion?
Mate, go ahead and shoot it (unless its my one of course) Laughing Laughing
Do you guys actually NOT shoot your guns then in fear of a possible breakage ?? Shocked Sad
That is a new concept to me . Imagine spending all that money on gun +carts +caps just to have them sitting there unfired ??
I continue to learn new things on this website !! Laughing
The thing is , if MY Mauser was to break the next time I shot it , I would be SO upset and disappointed I don,t know what I would do . Also , unlike many on here I do not have a vast knowledge of gun internals to affect a repair - even if I could source parts .
Thanks CARL.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire   Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by Phil_D

Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire Icon_lol Carl,
No, new ones and easy to get hold off ones also get fired, but once they get older and more difficult to replace or they are all ABS then the risk of breakage increases.

Shazhib was joking btw Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire Icon_wink
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire   Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by shazhib

Phobus,

I wonder whether to shoot my metal Mauser M712 is, want to maintain it's clean look.

If it were ABS/HW, especially, from MGC or Marushin, I will just go ahead and shoot.

But, there is some model I do not recommend to shoot, such as CMC long guns. Many of those has function of shooting, but meant to built for presentation mainly.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire   Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:48 pm

Post by artemis

Carl, the Mauser is indeed a great pistol and my favourite among the model guns. I like it so much that I bought two of the zinc metal models.

I fire one quite regularly and have already managed to break the bolt stop (the little flat piece sticking on the right side near the hammer) twice and also the leaf spring which fits under the trigger unit (sorry can't recall the part number). However, Francky got me the replacement parts. Do get a 20 round mag as the pistol does fire very fast on auto and can empty the entire mag in less than 3 seconds or so.

Have fun Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire Icon_biggrin

Regards,
Krish
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire   Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin Mauser M712... Test Fire
Page 1 of 1