MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some of mine!

Go down 
+4
jim
bob
Cerwyn
Browning
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 118
Location / Country : Cambs, UK
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Some of mine! Empty
PostSubject: Some of mine!   Some of mine! Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 3:19 pm

Having been on the search (inside the house) for my MGC MAC-11 and finally finding it, I thought it was about time I posted a couple of shots. These are from my .380 calibre range; 2 Marushin Browning M1910's and the MGC MAC-11. None of them have ever been fired, as I only recently managed to get hold of any caps. When I bought these kits (and the others in my collection) Beatties (the model shop) never supplied any caps with them, although the kits had space in the box for 100. I was told that the caps were illegal in the UK because of a requirement for them to be safe to the point that if one cap went off in the package (through piercing say) then none of the others would ignite. The story went that they consistently failed that test and so, Beatties never supplied them. I would like to know if that was really true. Anyway, they were "boxed" and stored through 2 house moves and "re-discovered" recently.

Enjoy

Some of mine! MarushinBrowningModel1910

Some of mine! MarushinBrowningM1910topview

Some of mine! MAC-11close-up

Some of mine! Browningpair

Some of mine! MGCMAC-11
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Some of mine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of mine!   Some of mine! Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:52 pm

Nice Very Happy and in beautiful condition too by the look of these photos Very Happy Looking forwards to seeing more of your collection please Wink

Interesting to read about caps being illegal to import into the UK according to Beatties. I'd not heard of that before. I wonder what happened (and when) to allow caps to be imported Question

I'm not 100% convinced that Beatties' reasoning for banning them holds water though, those rolls of paper caps we had as kids would've all gone off if struck and they weren't ever banned as far as I know.

Hopefully someone who owned or dealt with Modelguns for a long period can shed some light on that one.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Some of mine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of mine!   Some of mine! Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 11:54 pm

They are not in bad nick, considering they have been around for nearly 30 years! They have had the odd strip and clean (I cycle a couple of rounds through manually) I'll get around to "shooting" the others soon.

I was trying to think of how much Beatties were selling the kits for, it must have been around £25 - £30 back in the very early 80's! They never supplied caps with the kits at all, they kept on telling me they were coming in, but never had them!
Back to top Go down
bob
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
bob

Number of posts : 87
Location / Country : norfolk
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Some of mine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of mine!   Some of mine! Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 11:49 pm

The Mac is lovely, you dont see many around now and they are even harder to buy.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Some of mine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of mine!   Some of mine! Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:02 am

Cerwyn wrote:
Interesting to read about caps being illegal to import into the UK according to Beatties. I'd not heard of that before. I wonder what happened (and when) to allow caps to be imported Question

I'm not 100% convinced that Beatties' reasoning for banning them holds water though, those rolls of paper caps we had as kids would've all gone off if struck and they weren't ever banned as far as I know.

Hopefully someone who owned or dealt with Modelguns for a long period can shed some light on that one.

Typical Salesman Tone I believe - when they don't have it (or can't do it) they'll simply make excuses trying to trick (or convince) their customers Laughing ...
Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Some of mine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of mine!   Some of mine! Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 10:06 pm

I used to work around Whitehall in the 80's and there was a "military" shop around the Embankment Arches that also supplied Modelguns and some airsoft weapons, he could never supply caps.

That shop is where I got the MAC and what is supposed to be an MP5K, but it is actually a "5" with the K fore-stock/grip. It had this function whereby you "loaded" the airsoft pellet into a cartridge and when you cycled the fore-stock, it loaded the cartridge into the breech and closed the bolt. When you fired it not only shot the (very light) pellet, but ejected the cartridge.

I will get some more shots done over this weekend of the collection and post them up! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Some of mine! Empty
PostSubject: Some more......   Some of mine! Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:40 pm

I said I would add a few more, all the rounds are inert!

Some of mine! P38Commercial

The Barrel isn't all the way back on this one, it's a problem that both of my commercial versions have, but strangely, my Military version doesn't suffer from it!

Another view of it:

Some of mine! P38Commercial2

The first of my 45's, this is the M1911A1

Some of mine! M1911A1

And here is the Combat Commander; you may spot that the Black paint is wearing off of the zinc parts!

Some of mine! CombatCommander

Next is an oddity; its a Smith & Wesson 439; I also have a model 39 but the shot was a little too soft, so I haven't uploaded it. Both of my S&W's are a bit dodgy, the action isn't as clean as some of the others in my collection, I'll strip and clean them when I dig out the instructions.

Some of mine! SWMod439

Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Some of mine! Empty
PostSubject: Not the last, but only for now!   Some of mine! Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:45 pm

I am a bit partial to the odd Browning (hence the user name!) so here are my Hi Powers. They are, like all my modelguns shown here, built from Marushin kits; the Hi Powers all had silver paint in the engravings, which is now starting to wear away.

Apologies for using the same set-up, I'll try and be a bit more creative next time.

Some of mine! MilitaryHiPower

Some of mine! BrowningHPMk1

Some of mine! HiPower2

Some of mine! BrowningHiPower

Again, all the rounds are inert.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Some of mine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of mine!   Some of mine! Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 4:14 pm

Nice photos and nice collection :-)

I like the setup, it doesn't take attention away from the model itself ;-)
Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Some of mine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of mine!   Some of mine! Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:52 pm

Thanks Smootik,

I used a simple light tent (folds away for easy storage) and fired the speedlight through the top. I thought that it would be the easiest way to light them nice and evenly, although you can see a slight golden glow on the S&W, that is the sunlight coming in from a window just bouncing of the frame!

I'll have to dream up another set-up for the others, so that it doesn't become repetitious! Thinking of the type of shot from the cover of a cheesy spy novel!

Ha Ha
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Some of mine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of mine!   Some of mine! Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 10:25 pm

Lighting looks good using this technique!

Could you please describe how you take pictures in this thread? It should help others, even if this is "just" a lightbox with a flash lamp that you use :-)
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t741-taking-better-photographs

For "cheesy" setups take a look here, this guy has quite a few ideas in his photos :-)
http://homepage2.nifty.com/yamaneco/gun/index/html/t_index_main.htm
Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Some of mine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of mine!   Some of mine! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 12:21 am

Good idea Smootik! I'll set something up over the weekend, photograph it and post it up! Smile
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Some of mine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of mine!   Some of mine! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 12:38 am

Smootik,

Ref link - I had no idea they made a replica Colt Diamondback, he photographed it against a VHS of the Monkee's, I wonder how that connection worked?

The real Diamondback is a gem, I have one, but it's not much to look at as a modelgun is it?

Nice collection on show, thanks for sharing.

JJ

Last edited by pitfighter on Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Some of mine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of mine!   Some of mine! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 8:05 am

pitfighter wrote:
Ref link - I had no idea they made a replica Colt Diamondback, he photographed it against a VHS of the Monkee's, I wonder how that connection worked?
I think these are often random objects, without much connection. There are CDs (Fiona, Mylene Farmer) and movies, as well as guitar strings and objects completely not related to guns.

Thanks for the photo, I didn't realize this was a Diamondback :-)
There is an awful lot of models out there that remain relatively unknown. While I am mostly aware of what pistols and larger firearms have been done as models, I'm afraid I mostly ignore revolvers.
You can find more pictures of Kokusai Diamondback model on that page:
http://homepage3.nifty.com/nkoinuma/ColtDAR1.htm
Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Some of mine! Empty
PostSubject: A Couple more   Some of mine! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 11:07 pm

Whilst setting up to do a little piece on how I set my pictures up, I shot some more of my ones.

Here we have the Colt .25 with PFC and Mag removed:

Some of mine! Colt25

The .25 all ready to go!:

Some of mine! Colt25v2

One of my Browning M1910 (with factory Silver barrel):

Some of mine! M1910open

And another shot of my Browning M1910 pair:

Some of mine! BrowningPairv2

And finally, not a modelgun, but my Mauser Blank firer (I wanted to see how my light set-up reflected back off of "real Steel"

Some of mine! Mauser

Andy
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Some of mine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of mine!   Some of mine! Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 8:23 am

Nice! Surprising how similar plastic surface looks to metal on these photos!
Back to top Go down
NeilB

Number of posts : 6
Location / Country : Belgium
Registration date : 2013-05-14

Some of mine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of mine!   Some of mine! Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:14 pm

what a great collection!
really love the Browning M1910's, the Hi-Power and S&W.
Back to top Go down
Ron Walker

Number of posts : 26
Location / Country : Isle of Man
Registration date : 2015-09-03

Some of mine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of mine!   Some of mine! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 3:46 pm

It was a long time back, and I was merely a lowly customer, but the story that I heard back then  was that they were imported by a wholesaler, named Kohnstam, owned by two bothers - Richard and Robert, one of the brothers loved trains, the other loved militaria (they each had their own businesses, named "Rico" and "Roco") One brother was dead set against importing anything so overtly military as 1:1 firearm models (1/35 Tiger tanks were unfrightening and thus OK) and it was that conflict which interupted the supply. I can't vouch for the truth of the tale, but it's what I was told at the time!
Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Some of mine! Empty
PostSubject: RIKO   Some of mine! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 9:32 pm

Hi Ron, that does ring a few bells! IIRC Beatties had loads of items marked with RIKO on them which I remember to have been RI chard KO hnstam!

Andy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some of mine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of mine!   Some of mine! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some of mine!
Page 1 of 1