MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mauser C96

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Maverick

Number of posts : 6
Location / Country : Bolton, England
Registration date : 2011-06-27

Mauser C96 Empty
PostSubject: Mauser C96   Mauser C96 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 4:04 pm

Is anyone aware of anyone ever producing a blank firing Mauser C96 (Broom Handle) or know if one is available for sale anywhere? If so I'd be very interested to hear from them.

Many thanks.
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

Mauser C96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mauser C96   Mauser C96 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:13 am

The Mauser C96 is a bit of a collector's item in the US and UK these days, so I imagine people would resist turning into them blank firers. BUT in China they are pretty prolific.

I have been watching a Chinese TV programme over the past two weeks depicting the life of Mao Zedong; the battle scenes included many soldiers firing a variety of guns - and the Mauser pistols appeared to be firing blanks. That begs the question: were they real guns firing blanks?

So unless it was CGI effects I imagine there MAY be some available from China.????

Maybe jim might know. I'd email him and ask him.'Question'

The question would then be how to get it sent to the UK - so you may have to import one through a dealer like johnnyv

Kiwigunner

Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
Maverick

Mauser C96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mauser C96   Mauser C96 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:23 am

Nice one, thanks for that, much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 119
Location / Country : Cambs, UK
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Mauser C96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mauser C96   Mauser C96 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:26 pm

Hi, Tokyo Marui used to make a kit of the Mauser, that fired caps in Modelgun style. Even at full auto!

:0)
Back to top Go down
Maverick

Mauser C96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mauser C96   Mauser C96 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:35 pm

Thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Mauser C96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mauser C96   Mauser C96 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 7:34 pm

kiwigunner wrote:

The Mauser C96 is a bit of a collector's item in the US and UK these days, so I imagine people would resist turning into them blank firers. BUT in China they are pretty prolific.

I have been watching a Chinese TV programme over the past two weeks depicting the life of Mao Zedong; the battle scenes included many soldiers firing a variety of guns - and the Mauser pistols appeared to be firing blanks. That begs the question: were they real guns firing blanks?

So unless it was CGI effects I imagine there MAY be some available from China.????

Maybe jim might know. I'd email him and ask him.'Question'

The question would then be how to get it sent to the UK - so you may have to import one through a dealer like johnnyv

Kiwigunner

OK will tell what I know...all the guns used for China's film/TV productions are modified real steel and C96s were quite handy as many were made before Communist conquered China back in 1949 - and quality's above average...other Western WWII weapons were real WWII leftovers...generally no need for CG effects...

Learnt from a friendly HK theatrical weapon supplier that modifications carried out in China are quite dangerous (they only make and use full flash blanks even for aged weapons and indoors / quality and reliability of blank rounds in doubt...) but it is China which safeties tend to be ignored...

Don't reckon these prop broomhandles will be sold & shipped overseas - better wait for Norinco making new ones for export (get them deactivated).

Finally (strictly out of topic) everyone please - never trust any Chairman Mao's propaganda: although he's an all-time sinner but he's at the same time the symbol of Chinese Communist (same as Hitler = Nazi) and Communist's still staying in the office...so unless Communist collapses otherwise he'll remain as the "Saint" Evil or Very Mad ...and my political message this time ends here...
Back to top Go down
Maverick

Mauser C96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mauser C96   Mauser C96 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:32 pm

Thanks for all that guys, but it still doesn't get me a blank firing Mauser, if anyone knows of one somewhere I'd be very interested to hear about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mauser C96 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mauser C96   Mauser C96 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mauser C96
Page 1 of 1