MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC Thompson in California

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

MGC Thompson in California Empty
PostSubject: MGC Thompson in California   MGC Thompson in California Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:25 pm

***Originally posted by robie-1 ***

Hi guys & tanx for the 3 replies I got about buying a MGC Thompson here in Calif. I've talked to several people even 1 who legaly owns a full automatic paint ball gun & get as many opinons as questions so I've been looking at the California Justice Dept. Firearms web site & so far have not found anything saying anything manufactured before 2005 is ilegal to own as long (if I read right) the entire gun has to be painted a bright color, a bright color plug has to be in the barrel, & a statement from the seller of said gun has to include a paper in plain veiw site stating this gun could be mistaken for a real firearm & the gun cant be carried or shown in a public place (park, down the street-lol,lol, or be transported to a public place) I'm still looking but ya know what its like trying to read all that mumbo-jumbo. I did email Jay at model guns. co.uk & told him of my delema & the last thing I want is to loose that sort of money & have my stuff confiscated by customs & waiting his reply. I'll keep reading & asking & looking & when I find out something I'll be happy to post it here for anyone interested. If I go to jail I like M&M & Milky Way candy bars if ya wanna send me something. Seems strange I can & do own a 10-guage auto shotgun (Mag-10) 3 inch 45-auto, amoung other things & cant own a non-gun with a solid barrel & shoots caps only-mmmm. Well thanks again & I'll keep ya posted or send ya my prison number--lol,lol,lol--robie-1
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson in California   MGC Thompson in California Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:26 pm

***Originally posted by claymore ***

And i thought the UK had stupid legislation. I cannot help you here mate with advise but would you really want to paint the gun all red. Does it mention anything on buying, importing or selling which might cause you problems. Can you register as a collector and get around it that way.

I am disappointed for you but also i thought the states was to the place to be for any type of firearms ownership. When i ship out of this country because of its gun laws where the hell do i go now?

I will put several boxes of mars bars on standby for you
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson in California   MGC Thompson in California Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:26 pm

***Originally posted by mark ***

Hi Robie-1,

California is a bad place for firearms owners and worse for modelgun collectors as well. The requirement for the orange muzzle markings is Federal law not local/state laws. Cali has their own State/Local laws on possesion of so called "modern" post 1898 firearms replicas....It's really stupid that they blame the replicas for police shooting innocent childern playing, crime etc. But what the real story is, is that they know (anti-gun fanatics) that toy firearms is where many kids/teenagers start their firearms fascination (usually) and if, they reason,you take away the right to have these replicas and ban them, well then, you won't have any more new firearms enthusiasts..That sounds pretty stupid eh? But, i can assure you that is what they are trying to do in both Britain and the U.S.

Claymore, don't worry, although we have some "stupid states" that don't obliously believe in the Bill Of Rights.. There are thankfully, many states in the U.S. that do believe what the Bill Of Rights has to say about firearms ownership and have very few stupid anti-gun laws...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson in California   MGC Thompson in California Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:27 pm

***Originally posted by robie-1 ***

Yea I agree, California is fast becoming a anti gun state for any kind of ownership of any kind of hand or long gun. What these aparently blind people who run congress & make all these dummy laws that ya have to be a lawyer to be able to make any sence of is just look at what happened to places like Washington DC, Morton Grove, & other places where any kind of gun is ilegal---there crime rate went up 300%. These dummies in high dollar suits that our tax dollars paid for dont realize criminals dont buy guns, wait a waiting period, register them then go stick up a bank, I also believe a person who loses or has stolen or sells his gun & doesn't report it to the proper people should be held responsible if that gun is used in a crime. I never sell a gun to any one if its in my name unless we both go to a firearms dealer & do the right paper work, any other way is stupid & part of the cause of why we're at where we are today. Those of us who saw our freedoms of the 1950's & 60's realize just how much of our "freedom" has been taken away by the people who want to make the good ol USA become a police state run by idiots, we call them "new age yuppies" just wanting to line there pockets. Think there paying $2.75 a gallon for gas to put in there paid for tax dollar limo's to have someone else drive them to work to make more stupid laws?? no way, we pay for that along with ther big houses with 24 hour guards to protect them from the "bad guys" they dream about. Well enough said. For the same amount of money I would pay for a MGC Thompson with a solid barrel shooting harmless caps I can own a very nice Smith & Wesson 5 shot .50 cal magnum revolver/10-1/2 barrel, stainless, mag ported, with a ramp for a scope, tuned at the factory---go figure, (its on order as we speak)-----robie-1
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson in California   MGC Thompson in California Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:27 pm

***Originally posted by phil genovese ***

As long as the barrel muzzle is painted orange, it will make it to you. Customs is pretty cool about it all, as long as the barrel IS painted. I just met with those guys and had a meeting in San Francisco at the U.S. Customs Bureau last week, to determine exactly what works and what won't. Paint the barrel muzzle, and you will get your order.

How much are they charging you for the Tommy Gun?

Punchy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson in California   MGC Thompson in California Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC Thompson in California
Page 1 of 1