MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2011 Militaria Fair, Perth.

Go down 
+3
pitfighter
smootik
Ozguns
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. Empty
PostSubject: 2011 Militaria Fair, Perth.   2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 1:57 pm

I went to the annual fair this weekend, and took some photos of the guns there, being either real, replica or deactivated.

These ones looked real cool, thinking that they were genuine deactivated guns.
I found out today that they were in fact home made replicas, made by a local Perth guy.
I must say that they had me fooled! Smile

2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. DSCF0844Custom

2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. DSCF0845Custom

2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. DSCF0839Custom

2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. DSCF0843Custom

2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. DSCF0849Custom
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Militaria Fair, Perth.   2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 2:56 pm

Nice!
Skill and patience, I guess, and good techniques.
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Militaria Fair, Perth.   2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 5:11 pm

wow - was he selling them or just showing them off?

JJ
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Militaria Fair, Perth.   2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 5:43 pm

Wow, these are incredible aren't they Question Shocked

Is this the same gent that made his own collection of MP40, Thompson and other SMGs that you shared photos of last year or the year before Question

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Militaria Fair, Perth.   2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:45 pm

Excellent works of art!
I assume they are fully working replicas? Question
So are we to deduce that although the Aussie silly gun laws do not apply if you make your own replica? i.e. not imported or exported?? scratch
Great photos. Thanks.

Kiwigunner

Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Militaria Fair, Perth.   2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:50 am

As far as I know, he only had them on show and wasn't selling them. I think it was just a hobby of his, and he has full police approval to make them.

The first question I asked yesterday when I found out what they actually were, was if it was the same guy who made the guns I posted up a couple of years ago in this thread, half way down.
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t1723-2009-military-fair-perth?highlight=militaria+fair

It's a different guy. One is down south of western Australia (MP40, Thompson etc), and these ones here were made by a local here in Perth.

Regarding our laws, replica guns, or anything that looks like a gun such as BB guns, are banned from importation Australia wide, but are OK to own depending on what state you live in. Here in WA we can still own them, but I'm sure laws are going to change soon, to keep inline to what is happening in other states where a permit or license will be required.
Having said that, a B709 form can be filled in and approval given for individuals to import their own.

Go figure that one! Smile
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Militaria Fair, Perth.   2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 4:30 am

So Dan - did you found out whether all the parts are built from scratch or some real parts are used for all these beauties (e.g. MG42 drum mag / ammo & the belt for M60 etc)?

Shame all these cannot be shown on NSW/Victoria Arms Fairs Mad
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Militaria Fair, Perth.   2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 5:51 am

I was told that most of them were built by the owner, with very few bits that were original. I doubt that too much came from real guns, as it would be pretty hard to get machine gun parts into the country.

I would almost guarantee that the belt and ammo on the M60 was real, as there are lots of vendors there selling them.

I will see if I can find out more.
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Militaria Fair, Perth.   2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 1:50 am

Sorry Kiwi, I forgot to answer your question.

I believe that they probably had moving parts to some degree, but doubt very much if they were true fully working replicas where they would load and eject shells.

The problem is that when I saw these guns on Sunday, I thought they were deactivated. Then on Tuesday afternoon I found out from a friend that they were in actual fact home built.
I can assure you that next time I see them on display, I will be finding the owner for a chat.
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Militaria Fair, Perth.   2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:17 am

Thanks Mate. Very Happy

They're pretty impressive looking pieces, and one of my fantasies is to build a Bren Gun dummy replica....you know a when I get around to it sort Evil or Very Mad of project!

Seeing his Bren in your photos is very inspiring,,,,so it may become more of a reality now affraid
Good to see someone doing such things in Aussieland cheers

Cheers.
Kiwigunner

Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Militaria Fair, Perth.   2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 1:13 pm

Regarding our laws here, this is the stuff we have to put up with.
And no doubt we'll be made criminals overnight for simply owning toy guns.
http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/wa-police-call-for-ban-on-replica-guns-20080817-3wyp.html
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Militaria Fair, Perth.   2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 4:31 pm

Oh No not again...replica pistols have been in WA for ages and only now it becomes the public enemy...?! Also not appropriate at all for this detective to demonise some harmless toys that are still fully legal creating unnecessay prejudice...or maybe once again the reporter "guided" the detective for all his quotes... Question
Back to top Go down
walmic
walmic

Number of posts : 29
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2011-01-23

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Militaria Fair, Perth.   2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:19 pm

Many people becoming killed by cars but still no one comes to the idea to forbid ​​the cars for the civilian population. In my opinion, it brings nothing to ban the replica guns.
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Militaria Fair, Perth.   2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:12 pm

Walmic - I agree!

There go the Illuminati (Big Brother) Question again....the not so hidden agenda, being to remove ANYTHING that looks like a gun from the public domain! And to create more fear boy toy guns and criminalize toy gun owners. Duh!
Next will be laws to be licenses to buy steel pipe or black paint in case you make a "replica" of your own... and of course in most countries a trip to the local sea-port is where you can probably buy an illegal REAL fire arm anyway! affraid Despite international laws illegal trafficking goes on in many areas.

Well I guess it's up to the Australians to decide if they will stand by like Aussie sheep :flower: and let the bureaucrats walk all over them? study
Josef Stalin, although not known for always being a wise man, once said this about too harsh laws: "The harder you hit a nail the deeper it goes into the wood (and harder to extract)!"
Eventually the people rebelled and the Berlin Wall came tumbling down.......so I guess if we learn from History (unlike most politicians) Australia is due for a rebellion.....one day - eventually???? Question
Of course England had its rebellion at the time of Oliver Cromwell. king
So long ago people have forgotten how to do it well. lol!

Kiwigunner

Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Militaria Fair, Perth.   2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 2:35 am

The thing is that the above link was 3 years old, but it happens all the time. This morning on the way to work, I heard a report that there was a hold up and the police believe it was a starting pistol. More information for them to continue the process for a total ban.

There are a couple of problems with owners manning up and voicing our thoughts.
Firstly, there are not enough of us for them to listen to, so it's pretty pointless.
Secondly, if we did voice an opinion, they'd be knocking on our doors soon afterwards.
At present, they ( the authorities ) don't know who has what when it comes to replica guns and deactivated guns.

Consider this, motorists would number probably the highest when it comes to any one group. And we can do all the complaining we want regarding certain issues, like speed cameras at the bottom of hills, but nothing will change. They are still there, or hidden behind trees.
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Militaria Fair, Perth.   2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 12:09 am

Quote :
There are a couple of problems with owners manning up and voicing our thoughts.
Firstly, there are not enough of us for them to listen to, so it's pretty pointless.
Secondly, if we did voice an opinion, they'd be knocking on our doors soon afterwards.
At present, they ( the authorities ) don't know who has what when it comes to replica guns and deactivated guns.
Seems I read about something similar back in the 1930's in a place called Nazi Germany! affraid Only back then it wasn't replica guns they were trying to remove from the population What a Face
Bureaucrats start in small ways (like criminal types) then go on to bigger things if they get away with it! I guess we all do at times. Must be human Nature? Question Sadly, as you say, there is a price for protesting..and the odds favour the bureaucrats. I guess that's why history tells us that rebels are often ruthless towards the old order. Sad

And it took WW2 to change things in Germany. (My next door neighbour's father spent 6 years in Auschwitz concentration camp for protesting in Germany). In my not-so-humble opinion we need to learn from history - but how you can do so in Aussie-land, I have no idea. My gut feeling is that the gun laws are so unjust that the amount of clandestine real weapons still in the outback would give the bureaucrats a heart attack if they knew. Suspect
Better stop now, before I get carried away! lol!

Kiwigunner

Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Militaria Fair, Perth.   2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 2:21 am

You know what? I actually wanted to use the word "Gestapo" in my last post but chose not to.
But that's almost like it is here sometimes. In WWII and before, they tried to eliminate certain things, and the ones who opposed were "sorted out". It's almost the same here sometimes where we lose our rights and we often don't see a point in being heard because of the consequences.

Western Australia is commonly known as the Police State around the place, for obvious reasons.
It's also becoming to be known as the Nanny State, meaning that we are treated like we need to be told what to do and we can't make our own adult decisions.

Don't get me wrong, it's not really that bad, but it can be sometimes.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Militaria Fair, Perth.   2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 4:28 am

First regarding the Gestapo - Chinese govt spend some 600 billion dollars on it per annum (so-called "domestic security expenses") - anyway...

Somehow I feel something's going wrong - not too sure for other countries, but Australia allows a particular Greens party to stand for something like supporting total ban of guns but at the same time supporting total legalisation of drugs (so then no guns needed) - what a bunch of post-60s hippies - but worse they seems to get more support than the Shooter's Party Evil or Very Mad (what was happening when I leaved Australia back in 2004)...

Unfortunately from what I can see - for Australia to re-legalise the banned weapon types is to have something worse than 9.11 ( pale ) ...or wait till the time when biological weapons becoming conventional for world conflicts which makes all these guns impractical (like what we see flintlock guns nowadays) - but by then all becomes meaningless Crying or Very sad ...

Back to reality - wondered if NZ's COLFO is too strong or Aust's SSAA is too weak in political/economical power? Or is it the sanity of the general public? See if some int'l gun makers (e.g. Beretta Australia / Winchester / etc) willing to get more active in Aust's political donations (forget the Liberals Democrats - slightly bigger chance for Labor) and let them to overcome all the anti-gun voices? Far-fetched though...

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Militaria Fair, Perth.   2011 Militaria Fair, Perth. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2011 Militaria Fair, Perth.
Page 1 of 1