MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2009 Military Fair, Perth.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

2009 Military Fair, Perth. Empty
PostSubject: 2009 Military Fair, Perth.   2009 Military Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:04 pm

Went to the annual fair today, where dealers and individuals can display and/or buy and sell any of their military goodies.

Amongst the guns, are deactivated, replicas or real guns.
Here's just a selection of exciting stuff to be seen.

2009 Military Fair, Perth. Mf003Medium

2009 Military Fair, Perth. Mf009Medium

2009 Military Fair, Perth. Mf010Medium

2009 Military Fair, Perth. Mf015Medium

2009 Military Fair, Perth. Mf019Medium

2009 Military Fair, Perth. Mf024Medium

2009 Military Fair, Perth. Mf025Medium

2009 Military Fair, Perth. Mf027Medium

2009 Military Fair, Perth. Mf034Medium

2009 Military Fair, Perth. Mf040Medium

2009 Military Fair, Perth. Mf045Medium

The best is yet to come....................
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Military Fair, Perth.   2009 Military Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:00 pm

This selection of guns was made by a local guy, who used to live in Perth, but has now moved down to the south west of the state.

These were unbelievably real. At first I thought they were deactivated real guns, but after talking with him, it turns out that he makes them from real steel, blues them, carves the wood...............does the lot! The only thing he had to source were the bakelite bits for the MP40.
The man is very talented, his workmanship was absolutely superb, and he tells me that he is actually a woodworker. He had me fooled!
Seeing these guns, made my day.

2009 Military Fair, Perth. Mf-046Medium

2009 Military Fair, Perth. Mf-047Medium

2009 Military Fair, Perth. Mf-048Medium

2009 Military Fair, Perth. Mf049Medium

2009 Military Fair, Perth. Mf050Medium

2009 Military Fair, Perth. Mf052Medium

2009 Military Fair, Perth. Mf051Medium
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Military Fair, Perth.   2009 Military Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 4:46 pm

Wow... 2009 Military Fair, Perth. Icon_eek Handmade by the man himself 2009 Military Fair, Perth. Icon_question They look absolutely stunning Dan.

He must've been an interesting chap to talk to 2009 Military Fair, Perth. Icon_exclaim

You were right, the Best was yet to come 2009 Military Fair, Perth. Icon_exclaim

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Military Fair, Perth.   2009 Military Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 4:50 pm

Hi,

Looks nice photo and interesting stuffs. It does amazing wood worker made those subs.
So, people in Australia can own pistols?
S,
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Military Fair, Perth.   2009 Military Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 11:09 pm

Excellent pieces... Make you drool, don't they? ;-)
Do people display PFC models, too, during such events?
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Military Fair, Perth.   2009 Military Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 1:02 am

Only some states of Australia allow the possession of any sort of replica gun, but they can no longer be imported.
Western Australia is one of those states, and the police have given approval to the guy who made those replicas.

The other ones on display were all types, whether real or replicas, but most of the ones for sale were Denix. (so I didn't take photos of them LOL!)

Many were also deactivated guns, because they are also allowed in some states.

And then there were the dealers who had their guns in display cabinets, who would sell to licensed buyers.

The guy who made those subs was indeed a very interesting person to talk to.
Everything apart from the MP40 bakelite parts, were hand made at his workshop.
He even had the proper markings on the guns too.
They stripped down fully, but didn't have the internal bits that would make them work, like firing pins etc and spring loaded magazines.
The barrels were also solid.
Yes, a very interesting display.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Military Fair, Perth.   2009 Military Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 12:55 pm

Hi Dan...nice to see something interesting from the West (I lived in Sydney...) - there'll be no way for us to see any replica & military longarm on our Arms Fair after Port Arthur (even deacts - because our State Govt don't want to have anything to do with the "non-guns").

Please kindly clarify some of the pics that you posted (I'm sure other members will be interested as well)...

2009 Military Fair, Perth. Mf040Medium

Are the AK & the Thompson made by Hudson & MGC respectively (because the Thompson only cost AUD$695.00 and when these can no longer be imported Shocked )

2009 Military Fair, Perth. Mf045Medium

If I'm correct the one on the top right is a S&W M500 (or something at least in .454 Casull) - I thought the largest calibre allowed in Australia nowadays is .45 (and for those participate in Metallic Sihouette shooting metal plates only) - unless these are from a collector with "S&W revolvers" as his collection theme...

Then on the home-made guns - collector's licence or even Category D licence required to buy these in WA? Thanks!

Jim
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Military Fair, Perth.   2009 Military Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 1:24 pm

Hey Jim,

Port Arthur ruined a lot of things for gun and replica model gun collectors, but fortunately in WA we can still own replica guns, but they can no longer be imported.
Which brings up a very interesting question. We can no longer import any of these guns from Japan, like MGC, Hudson etc, yet the gun dealers can still get hold of the Denix models, which I think the AK47 and Thompson were. And since these are the only new replica models around, they can ask whatever price they want. But I don't really know if people are paying!

By the way, the one in the middle was a deact.

As for the .454 Casull, you may be correct. I remember a few years ago at a previous fair, the same dealer had a Smith and Wesson .500 for sale, so I really don't know what the law is, as I don't own a real gun.

2009 Military Fair, Perth. DSCF0019Medium
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Military Fair, Perth.   2009 Military Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 2:42 pm

Wow extremely swift response Dan...thanks!

So only licensed individuals can purchase the "military-styled" replicas isn't it (I actually hate this term very much because politicians abused it to the max) - at least this is what the Queenslanders have to live with (and forget NSW and Victoria because even water pistols painted in black have disappeared from toy shops)...

For the S&W M500 I'm almost certain they're for collection purpose only - for those into the Metallic Sihouette discipline they usually choose .44 Magnum revolvers (if not the Desert Eagle) even if .45 is allowed - it'll be almost impossible to mount a scope on a Colt .45 semi-auto and shoot those metal plates at least 50m away...

Then the Para-Ordnance on the top right of your pic the compact version - even though it's in 9mm but the barrel length for this falls below the legal 120mm - so I really want to meet this dealer as to see why he can get all these prohibited (and yet exotic) weapons!
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Military Fair, Perth.   2009 Military Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:04 pm

Hahaha.......we are just about on the same time zone, so I'm sitting around on the computer with nothing to watch on TV LOL! The AFL Grand Final is over, so nothing left to watch!

Yeah, I don't know what it is with some of these gun dealers. They seem to be getting hold of some of these replica Denix guns, and getting them into the country.
Same as Collectors Armoury in Queensland, they seem to be always stocking them too.
But they are Denix though.

We can't even get plastic water pistols here either! Nothing that looks like a gun. They are scared of young kids holding up petrol stations using water! Only things you can get are things like the Super Soakers or something like you's see in Star Wars. Something that doesn't look like a real gun!

Yet the dealers can get the Denix, and the guy down Albany way can make his own semi autos.
And not to mention we can all own deactivated guns without any sort of permit.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Military Fair, Perth.   2009 Military Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:57 am

Oh yeah...summer's coming and here comes the Cricket season...

I reckon John Howard (a history now fortunately) stated very clearly that the new importation law will not allow any piece of a replica getting into the country...and now if Denix can get into Australia then why not the Japanese ones...Collector's Armoury got those Marushin (notably the Uzi and Beretta M84 that I saw hanging on the wall in early 90s) & MGC (M16A1) before...

When I took a break in Sydney "my hometown" earlier this year I walked into Toys 'R Us and there were several "Water Blaster" - the term "gun" cannot be appeared in toy shops now so they made this a bright green-coloured plastic water SMG very similar to Israeli's brand new IWI Tavor Exclamation

For the deacts in WA - do they have to be cut up or welded like those available in UK & Japan?
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Military Fair, Perth.   2009 Military Fair, Perth. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:16 am

Not sure what they do to the deacts. But I do know they plug and weld both ends of the barrel, file down the firing pins, and in the case of rifles, they drill holes under the barrel, but they can't be seen when the stock covers them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Military Fair, Perth.   2009 Military Fair, Perth. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2009 Military Fair, Perth.
Page 1 of 1