MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BRAND NEW BLANK FIRING THOMPSON IN DEVELOPEMENT

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Col_Hogan

Number of posts : 8
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2011-07-26

BRAND NEW BLANK FIRING THOMPSON IN DEVELOPEMENT Empty
PostSubject: BRAND NEW BLANK FIRING THOMPSON IN DEVELOPEMENT   BRAND NEW BLANK FIRING THOMPSON IN DEVELOPEMENT Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 5:34 am

Dear Fellas,

I will attach an excerp from the KAR News Page....This is For REAL!!!

......................... As you know, KAR has been pursuing the addition of a BFONG Tommy gun for quite some time. As collectors, we have wanted them since the 1970's............KAR has contracted for the prototype BFONG Tommy gun, and it's actually in production. Current projected date of prototype completion is three months, or Feb 15th....Let's be safe and call it the end of February.....At this point the gun will be thoroughly tested at the factory, then shipped to KAR for torture trials. What we're after is a gun that won't quit....So by Mid-March, to the end of March the gun will be field tested and ready to be sent too the ATF ofr approval....This will take another 4-5 months, so we're looking at 9 months from right now...November 13th, 2011...until these guns will be ready for sale.....More info will follow as we have it, and we will be able to fill in the blanks (No pun intended) when the prototype is done. For example: "How long will it take to build these guns" , "How many will be built in a batch" etc. We won't know the answers to these questions until the prototype is done, and the dynamics and logistics of manufacture are determined. After a sit-down with the manufacturer, who is committed, capable, and eager to do the project, we HAVE determined a few tangibles as to the guns final specifications. I will try and answer every question you might have:

Which Model Thompson will be produced?: The Model 1928 with FINNED BARREL!!...We have chosen this for many reasons. One the receiver is wider than the M1, and will help with a bolt that is more reliable. Two: The 1928 will satisfy the "Gangster Gun" guys, and still be relevant to the WWII guys. The 1928 was used in every theater in WWII and not only by the Americans. British Troops, the French Resistance and the Russians also used these guns.

Will these guns be selective fire?: No. Full Auto only.

What type of ammo will this gun use?: The gun will use a proprietary 9.3mm Blank firing ammo that was developed by Chuck Ducastel from the SS_Room, for his innovative BFONG MP-40's, STEN's and PPSH 41's. The alternative ammo, 9mmPAK was discarded for 2 reasons. One: The 9mmPAK is more expensive than the 9.3mm. Two: Is that the 9.3mm ss-room ammo feeds infinitely better, and with a full auto only gun, reliability is paramount. THIS IS THE MAIN REASON.

Will the Model 1928 have a vertical or horizontal handguard?: The gun will have the option to accept both types of hand guards!

What type of mag will it use?: Both Stick mags, and Drum Mags will be available....Not sure of the mag capacity, but it SHOULD be (Since it's 9.3mm) 32 rounds for the stick, and about 65! for the drum.

This is all great, but how much will the gun cost?: We have a number, buy are reluctant to release it, until the prototype is finished...a snag in manufacturing could raise the price, and we won't know until Serial number 0001 is finished. The 9.3mm Thompson made by the SS-room was 3100USD + shipping. We may not know the exact number right now, but I am willing to gaurantee it won't be more than that!

Okedoke, now you know what we know. I can also say, we have never felt more confident in the releasing of prototype information. Our manufacturer is more than knowledgeable when it comes to firearms, has an awesome shop and laboratory with every piece of metal-smithing equipment available, and is actually excited to do the test gun. Furthermore, this manufacturer has an excellent reputation, and relationship with the BATFE, so we expect a timely approval (Under 6 months) when the test gun is submitted. Fingers crossed everyone....The next 9 months for me will be the longest since my son was born.

Colonel Roert E. Hogan

Back to top Go down

BRAND NEW BLANK FIRING THOMPSON IN DEVELOPEMENT
Page 1 of 1