MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC Thompson Model 1921 on US eBay

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stage Armament Solutions
Stage Armament Solutions

Number of posts : 14
Location / Country : Washington DC, USA
Registration date : 2009-05-17

MGC Thompson Model 1921 on US eBay Empty
PostSubject: MGC Thompson Model 1921 on US eBay   MGC Thompson Model 1921 on US eBay Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:28 pm

This is not my listing, but I have dealt with this seller and they are good.

Model 1921 with vertical and horizontal fore grips, and 1 stick magazine and 1 drum magazine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140705071205

Get a load of the "Buy-It-Now" price!

Back to top Go down
https://www.sasguns.com
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson Model 1921 on US eBay   MGC Thompson Model 1921 on US eBay Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 9:54 am

Can anyone shed any light on this description of the Drum magazine offered with the above MGC Thompson please Question

"You also receive one 20 round stick magazine and one "50" round drum magazine (actual capacity of the drum magazine is only 10 rounds). There are no markings on the stick mag, but on the back of the drum are 4 lines. Top reads, "AUTO-ORDNANCE CORP". 2nd line reads, "NEW YORK". 3rd line, "REGISTERED IN THE". last line, "U.S. PATENT OFFICE". On the front of the drum, above the winder is written 4 lines. Top reads, "MAGAZINE TYPE A". 2nd line reads, "THOMPSON SUBMACHINE GUN". 3rd line reads, "10 CARTRIDGES CAL .45". Last line, "WIND TO 4 OR 6 CLICKS". Below the winder is the Thompson logo and engraved in a sem-circle, "WIND TO 4 OR 6 CLICKS".

This is the first time I've heard of a 10rd Drum and also the first time I've heard of an MGC Drum stamped up with Auto-Ordnance markings. Could this be a real Drum modified to accept only 10 rds or did MGC ever produce any like this Question scratch

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson Model 1921 on US eBay   MGC Thompson Model 1921 on US eBay Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Here Cerwyn - have a look (interesting read Very Happy ): http://www.notpurfect.com/main/thompson.html

The 10 Round (The "X")

This is the dreaded, and awkward "X" style drum magazine. This is the Auto Ordnance answer to the ridiculous magazine ban which afflicted gun owners for ten years. The "X" designation was appropriate, as the ban which spawned this magazine was obscene. You can see that the cartridge guide is very much shortened; otherwise it seems to be constructed the same as the L style magazine.

Weight 3 pounds (loaded)
Diameter 6.6 Inches
Clicks to wind 4 to 6

MGC Thompson Model 1921 on US eBay Drum10

As expected - stupid gun laws around the world since the early 90s playing the tricks Evil or Very Mad ...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson Model 1921 on US eBay   MGC Thompson Model 1921 on US eBay Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 6:29 pm

Excellent find jim Very Happy Thankyou Very much, very interesting read indeed Very Happy

This also answered another question that had bothered me for a long time. That is why did MGC make a 38/9 rd Drum rather than a 50 as the real Thompsons used Question . And here's the answer, there IS a 39rd drum for the Real ones Very Happy

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson Model 1921 on US eBay   MGC Thompson Model 1921 on US eBay Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 6:57 pm

You're Welcomed Sir Very Happy ...this website a surprise & fascinating find for me as well...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson Model 1921 on US eBay   MGC Thompson Model 1921 on US eBay Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC Thompson Model 1921 on US eBay
Page 1 of 1