MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Navy Colt cap-holders: A new discovery - for me at least!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

Navy Colt cap-holders: A new discovery - for me at least!  Empty
PostSubject: Navy Colt cap-holders: A new discovery - for me at least!    Navy Colt cap-holders: A new discovery - for me at least!  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 8:59 am

Colt 1851 Percussion Cap Holders RARE Japan:
MGC Percussion Cap holders are for the Rare MGC Colt 1851 NAVY 36 Cal. Modelgun made in the late 1960’s
.….. so the advertisement read on the internet. scratch scratch

These are apparently very rare. Does anyone else know about them? In fact it was only when I was browsing the Gunbroker website for non-firing replica guns that I came across them. The seller was a well-known forum member who is EXTREMELY knowledgeable about modelguns and I bought 6 – just enough for one of my MGC Navy Colts. https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t3497-1851-mgc-colts-presentation-case

MGC 5mm plastic caps are too small to fit over the revolver nipples – 7mm ones are just slightly too large and can fall off during use. Rolling Eyes Real steel percussion caps are too simply too small. This MGC/RMI modelgun was designed to use paper caps! (See photos below)

Navy Colt cap-holders: A new discovery - for me at least!  Boxesofcaps

First you cut the cap off its paper roll, then insert it face down in the special brass holder; then fit the over the cylinder nipples. These will not fall off during firing, and can be cleaned and re-used over and over again.

Navy Colt cap-holders: A new discovery - for me at least!  Capsreadytofire

This was a great discovery for me and I hope useful information for us all to share! study

Kiwigunner

Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
lt-deke

Number of posts : 18
Location / Country : england
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Navy Colt cap-holders: A new discovery - for me at least!    Navy Colt cap-holders: A new discovery - for me at least!  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:39 am

Here are some pics of my CMC MODEL 1858 REMINGTON.44 I got in the 70's it came with a box of similar percusion caps that came with it. The metal box is a bit tarnished with age you can't see it on the pic but with the naked eye you can still make out CMC stamped in the middle of the lid

Navy Colt cap-holders: A new discovery - for me at least!  Hartlepool-20120821-00123 Navy Colt cap-holders: A new discovery - for me at least!  Hartlepool-20120821-00116Navy Colt cap-holders: A new discovery - for me at least!  Hartlepool-20120821-00121Navy Colt cap-holders: A new discovery - for me at least!  Hartlepool-20120821-00126

Deke
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Navy Colt cap-holders: A new discovery - for me at least!    Navy Colt cap-holders: A new discovery - for me at least!  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:55 am

lt-deke - excellent post. Glad to know CMC had their percussion cap version.....AND I'M GREEN WITH ENVY OVER YOUR REMINGTON! Wink
I've been trying to get one for ages!

Kiwigunner

Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1238
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Navy Colt cap-holders: A new discovery - for me at least!    Navy Colt cap-holders: A new discovery - for me at least!  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 5:31 pm

Nice touch never knew they did that
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 618
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Navy Colt cap-holders: A new discovery - for me at least!    Navy Colt cap-holders: A new discovery - for me at least!  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 2:57 am

Wow - and that it is such great condition is testament to your care.

I finally shipped all my old belongings into the US from the UK, and was shocked at how beaten and abused my old toys were, lol.

I had never seen this percussion cap holder system before, great stuff.

Thanks for sharing,

Pit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Navy Colt cap-holders: A new discovery - for me at least!    Navy Colt cap-holders: A new discovery - for me at least!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Navy Colt cap-holders: A new discovery - for me at least!
Page 1 of 1