MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Empty
PostSubject: Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges   Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by johnnyjt

I just bought a Marushin MP40 dated 11-79 in like new condition with mag

and 10 brass metal cartridges made in solid one piece construction

9.97mm x 27.94mm. I was wondering if I could use new type cartridges?

Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Img150
Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Pic2
Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Pic3

JohnnyJT Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Icon_question
South Philly
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges   Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by francky1958

Hi johnnyjt,

The answer is no!! Your mp40 has open firing system, means very old type. if you change the detonator (firing pin), you can use new type cartridges.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges   Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by Mark

Hi johnnyjt,

Welcome to the forums! The all zinc Marushin MP40 is rare in the U.S. and it is quite unusual to find one in like new condition here. Did you locate it in the U.S.? At any rate, the all zinc Marushin is a cool modelgun that when it has been converted to use the late Marushin MP40/Uzi cartridges they work great. The all zinc MP40 does have a few detail diferences compared to the later all plastic MP40. That would be cool if Marushin made the current ABS MP40 in zinc!

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges   Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by johnnyjt

Hi Guys

I got the MP40 from http://www.endoshoji.com/ for USD890

and USD75 Shipping. How do I go about converting it?

Here is the detonator

Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Det

JohnnyJT Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Icon_cool
South Philly

Last edited by johnnyjt on Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges   Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by Mark

johnnyjt,

I am sure that Francky1958 can locate the proper detonator to convert it over to the Marushin MP40/Uzi cartridges. The barrel nut needs to be unscrewed and the old paper cap cartridge detonator removed and replaced by the newer cartridge style detonator. Since i don't personally have one of these all zinc Marushin MP40's i really can't tell what exactly the procedure entails..

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges   Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by figaro

I need to replace the firing pin on my all zinc MP40 too, does Franky, or anyone else have a supply (or even just one more) of the replacement firing pins for the old Marushin style replicas. I will also need some replacement brass, if he has any on hand.
Jesse.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges   Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by Chenkenichi

Sort of off subject, but I am kicking myself in the butt.....I have been checking prices on the all zinc Marushin MP40s, and they have sky rocketed. About 4 or 5 years ago I was about to buy one of these in the box, in great condition for about $550 from Chuck C. in Iowa (some of you may have purchased stuff from him before as well...great dealer). I wish I would have taken up the offer. Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges   Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by Mark

Modelgun prices are always subject to many factors like low production etc. Especially the fairly rare and low total production, all zinc Marushin MP40...WW2 German re-enactment groups where buying up all of the available MP40 replicas when they could find them. After they bought all of the available MGC MP40's they started buying any of the other all zinc MP40's that they could find and when they dried up, they switched to the Marushin ABS MP40...The all zinc Marushin doesn't seem very detailed compared to the later ABS plastic Marushin MP40 that has the proper looking details. $550 wasn't too bad of a price. But sometimes, you can find an MGC MP40 in that price range too...

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges   Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by francky1958

Hi figaro,

Yes, I have but you need some modification, i used the marushin abs
mp40 detonator and cartridges are mgc 9mm or marushin 9mm are best i think, they are enough powerful to move the metal heavy bolt back and forth very quickly.

As you can see these pics are the prototype of chamber for marushin metal mp40, some parts are from the abs marushin mp40. this chamber will fit to your outer chamber perfectly, but you need to do one thing to
make a hole using drill precisely to stay the inner chamber in the outer chamber. also i made the another chamber using original marushin metal chamber, i think this one is easy to make.

Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges DSCN6545
Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges DSCN6547
Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges DSCN6546
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges   Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by figaro

Thank you Franky,

You have certainly done some research and development on this.
I am waiting for the gun to arrive from the UK, and will proceed with you from there, when I have it in front of me.
If you are selling the detonator, and it is past it's prototype stage, I will probably be contacting you again.

Thank you.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges   Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by Doc

Francky.

your suggested method to use the ABS MP40 detonator will only work with the Zinc MP40s that have a removable steel section from inside the front trunnion.

Most Zinc Marushin MP40s don`t have this removable trunnion and instead the detonator pin simply screws in place as shown by Johnnyjt .
When Marushin intoduced the lightweight zinc bolt it also made a very thin type screw in detonator . This type of gun then used a large 9mm cartridge similar to the browning hi-power but the inner valve had a tiny (and I mean tiny) vent hole to create enough back perssure to blow the bolt back.

Unfortunatelty you cannot use the new Marushin mp40 cartridges with a screw in type detonator pin as to have a slot cut in the front of the pin makes a poor seal against the valve inside the new cartridges and there will be no back pressure.
Johnnyjt will have to make a thin screw type detonator pin (case hardened) and using a different 9mm cartridge (probably MGC) (you will have to change the ejector bar too as it sits too low for most modern cartridges to eject properly.

I can post images of the thin Marushin screw detonator and carts if you wish.

.... well anything mechanical that can kill people is interesting ...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges   Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by francky1958

Hi Doc,

God, I didn't know that most Zinc Marushin MP40s don`t have this removable trunnion, yes, i know the new marushin mp40 cartridges can't use for the open type detonator.

i'll show you some pics that i converted from normal to CP firing system.
I've already fired more that 100rounds. it works very well.

this receiver is the marushin metal mp40.

Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges DSCN6579
these parts are trunnion, chamber, detonator, pin (to hold trunnion and
chamber together)
Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges DSCN6580
chamber and detonator
After I put away the normal detonator, drilled the hole to put short detonator as you can see on the pic.

Detonator is from the abs marushin mp40.
Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges DSCN6581

I use 9mm cartridges which are mgc 9mm or marushin 9mm for beretta.
recoil is strong and blow back speed is too fast!! cartridges ejected to fly
2~3 meters away.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges   Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by Doc

Hi Francky

does the rear of your receiver say Marushin MP40 ??? if not yours may the be the sort of MP40 I have been trying to identify for a long time.

I have some plans for the Metal Marushin MP40 and MP41, you can see there is not a removable trunnion.
I have seen a lot of these and everyone has always been marked Marushin at the back of the receiver.

Also I have plans from your type of MP40, you can just see that there is a Zinc removable trunnion and you can see this is not Nakata as the barrel does not extend backwards.

I have never been able to identify this make of MP40 Neither the gun or instruction has a makers name or logo.

I think this type of MP40 is superior to Marushin

I don`t have these plans hosted anywhere yet but can send anyone an image if they wish.

.... well anything mechanical that can kill people is interesting ...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges   Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by Waffenknecht

Hi Franky,
sale you parts in metall for Marushin MP40, chamber and so one? or can you produce the parts?
waffenknecht Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges   Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by francky1958

Hi Waffenknecht,

No, i can't make parts from scratch,i 'll try to find some parts for metal mp40, but i can't say when will be.

francky
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges   Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modifying old Marushin MP40 to fire C.P cartridges
Page 1 of 1