MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame

Go down 
+2
joshephliu
Jeppo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeppo
Jeppo

Number of posts : 44
Location / Country : Stockholm/Sweden
Registration date : 2010-05-14

WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame Empty
PostSubject: WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame   WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:30 am

Hi!
Does anyone have a Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame for sale? I have found several UK sites that have them but no oen can ship outside UK (VCR act?)

Or does anyone know where to get them online outside of UK? I live in sweden.

Thanks!

Jeppo
Back to top Go down
joshephliu

Number of posts : 36
Location / Country : PRC
Registration date : 2011-10-20

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame   WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 4:07 am

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame   WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 11:36 am

Hi Jeppo

Have a word with John at www.plugfirecapgnsuk.com He has a high turnover of these blank firers and has permits to ship Worldwide from the UK

You may also find one at www.modelguncollector.co.uk

It's not the VCRA that prohibits exporting replica guns / blank firers from the UK, it's Royal Mail and private Couriers Co's that won't knowingly ship them. Fortunately, both our UK based dealers have necessary permits to export. It's us, the private individuals that don't.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
stumpy_ned
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 87
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2012-04-21

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame   WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 4:07 pm

You mean an export licence? I'm pretty sure an export licence isn't needed when sending to another EU country. Though I may be wrong on that. Back in march I sent, via a large known courier as per their shipping conditions, a blank firer to another EU country. No problems whatsoever. Item was listed as a blank firer including a description of what it was ect. A few days later the buyer received it.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame   WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 6:06 pm

I sent a Marushin pistol to Norway which is outside of the EU, it was seized. Further, 2 pistols sent to Japan never left the UK, both seized by Couriers/Customs.

It WOULD be great to learn that exporting from the UK to EU countries is OK now.

Have you seen this stumpy? :- https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t2631-royal-mail-parcelforce-restricted-goods-policy

Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame   WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 8:10 pm

Stumpy_Ned
"
Back in march I sent, via a large known courier as per their shipping conditions, a blank firer to another EU country. No problems whatsoever. Item was listed as a blank firer including a description of what it was ect. A few days later the buyer received it."

That is great for the guys on here!! cheers Which Large courier was it please? so they can do the same !! solves a lot of problems for them!
Back to top Go down
stumpy_ned
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 87
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2012-04-21

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame   WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 6:03 pm

If memory serves me right it was something like Swallow or Swifts or summit. Not badly priced either. I haven't got the link anymore as I had to factory restore my laptop.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame   WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 10:19 am

Cerwyn said
"I sent a Marushin pistol to Norway which is outside of the EU, it was seized. Further, 2 pistols sent to Japan never left the UK, both seized by Couriers/Customs."

Out of interest Cerwyn , who took the hit ? sender or recipient?
If you dont mind saying SmileSmileSmile
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame   WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 7:13 pm

John,

In the case of the model sent to Norway, even though I'd said that shipping would be at the buyer's risk, I refunded 50% of the selling price.

The Japanese case was a different scenario altogether. All I did was act as a middle man. The Japanese buyer paid UK sellers directly but had the models sent to me. Apparently the sellers weren't prepared to ship to Japan. Unfortunately, the buyer claimed he'd never received them although I had proof of posting. As I had no definitive proof that either model, both sent seperately, had not actually reached Japan and I'd not handled any money, the Japanese buyer took the hit on those.

All 3 cases were unfortunate and quite honestly put me off shipping complete modelguns outside the UK again.

Back to top Go down
broomie
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 92
Location / Country : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2014-04-13

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame   WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 12:11 am

Reading this sends a chill down my spine  No  I had a similar experience sending a Franklin Mint Bat Masterson to Denmark - which is within the EU - and it was seized by Royal Mail customs at Langley, Berkshire. They gave a headache as they refused to check the parcel & decided to call in Thames Valley Police to have the parcel inspected !!!
Thankfully, after 4 long months & after exhaustive forensic testing Thames Valley Police finally declared it safe BUT Royal Mail refused to put the item back in the system !?! Consequently, I was robbed of GBP25 - Royal Mail refused steadfast to refund me. To add insult to injury, according to their website at the time, they actually were transporting Section 1 and Section 7 guns with appropriate documentation yet they wouldn't transport a replica Cowboy gun (which is exempt from the VCRA) ??? For those who are unfamiliar with UK laws, Section 1 & Section 7 guns are for all intents and purposes fireams that can kill !
Seriously, this is a very abreviated version. There's a lot more to it but I won't bore you all (i.e. being questioned at some unearthly hrs for a statement by Cambridge Police who was doing the leg work on the behalf of Thames Valley Police).
The courier I subsequently used, when it comes to shipping anything relating to firearms, is TNT. They are not great but your stuff will eventually get there.
Good luck everyone,
Paul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame   WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB: Pietta Colt 1851 Navy steel frame
Page 1 of 1