MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
richie328

Number of posts : 70
Location / Country : Western NY, USA
Registration date : 2013-01-23

1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added] Empty
PostSubject: 1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added]   1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 2:36 am

I think this will mostly be for the Americans here...The elderly ones...  Very Happy

Back in the 50's/early 60's there was a plastic model kit of the German Luger P08...It was a kit that assembled mostly with little bolts & nuts; the grip panels were cast into the plastic grip frame, and the plastic was a green color...The toggle cycled, and IIRC it had a detachable magazine...I don't remember if it had cartridges or if it did whether they 'fired'...But it was not a cap gun...

I actually had two of these, over a period of three years; I could never get either one to cycle smoothly...At the end, I even tried Vaseline as a lube, but the plastic parts just wouldn't slide...

Because the grip panels were cast slightly below the grip frame surface, it appeared 'flat'...And it was physically bigger than a real Luger...Awkward for a kid to hold...

Does anyone remember these??? Or who made them??? I've been checking eBay for a couple years now and haven't even seen one...But they must be out there...if I can find a 1958 Mattel MMP w/stock-holster, the Luger has to be out there somewhere...

I also had a model 'pepperbox' kit, and single shot cap & ball model kit (think Lincoln assassination) that glued together...But the Luger was entirely different; I think some parts had to be glued, but the main parts screwed together...And functioned sorta like a real Luger...

Thank You for your time!

Last edited by richie328 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: 1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added]   1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 10:05 pm

Could it have been an LS kit?

They had these in the UK, I loved them.

This guys has lots of different kits for sale - http://www.ebay.com/sch/khull99/m.html?item=290948014212&pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item43bdda6084&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Pit.
Back to top Go down
richie328

PostSubject: Re: 1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added]   1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 3:21 pm

pitfighter wrote:
Could it have been an LS kit?

I don't think so...The LS kits look *too* real...

The premiere 'kit' looks like it might be the one...This is the only pics I could find...The box looks sorta familiar...The parts are kinda familiar, too - Barrel glues together (or pushes together, tight fit/friction holds parts in place)...Frame screws/'bolts' together...Triggerguard doesn't look familiar...And the coloring is wrong; mine was all green, not camouflage...But the cast-in grips are familiar...This may be a later [1960's] kit...

(Tryin' to attach pics - can't find the buttons...wait one...)

Sorry - Can't attach pics. I'll try to find pics online somewhere...Might take a while...

Last edited by richie328 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:47 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: 1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added]   1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi richie,

I'm sorry to see you're having problems posting photos. Your Profile has not been altered in anyway by myself so permissions to post have not been removed.
The appearance of the Reply and New Post screen pages was updated by the Host Server, phpbb, recently. However, the Host an Image icon is still there, check the first icon in the box containing the YouTube logo please.
There shouldn't be a problem using Photobucket either.

If you still experience difficulties, would you let me know please so I can try sorting it for you?

Thanks

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
richie328

PostSubject: Re: 1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added]   1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:07 pm

Cerwyn wrote:
Hi richie,

I'm sorry to see you're having problems posting photos. Your Profile has not been altered in anyway by myself so permissions to post have not been removed.

The only Permission listed is "You can reply to topics in this forum"

Quote :
The appearance of the Reply and New Post screen pages was updated by the Host Server, phpbb, recently. However, the Host an Image icon is still there, check the first icon in the box containing the YouTube logo please.

I've tried twice to upload the pics using that button/window...They seem to upload, but they don't appear.

Quote :
There shouldn't be a problem using Photobucket either.

I'm on a dial-up connection here; PhotoBucket will have to wait until I can get to the local Library.

Question: Do I have to physically join/enroll at www.servimage.com to use their MP40modelguns picture hosting service???
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: 1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added]   1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 4:35 pm

richie328 wrote:
Quote :
The only Permission listed is "You can reply to topics in this forum"

Question: Do I have to physically join/enroll at www.servimage.com to use their MP40modelguns picture hosting service???

Hi richie,

Permission to reply to topics includes posting pictures (once the initial 7-days has passed after first joining.) 

Yes, you will need to register with www.servimage.com to be able to post pictures on here. It's a host service offered by Phpbb and is free of charge.

Back to top Go down
Sommarkatze
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
Sommarkatze

Number of posts : 168
Location / Country : Sweden.
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: 1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added]   1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 5:08 pm

I have a quite broken Luger of this series actually! Always thought it was a ¨realistic¨ toy gun.
I guess you learn something new everyday!
Back to top Go down
richie328

PostSubject: Re: 1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added]   1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 6:24 pm

Cerwyn wrote:

Yes, you will need to register with www.servimage.com to be able to post pictures on here. It's a host service offered by Phpbb and is free of charge.

I spelled it wrong in my post - It's www.servimg.com

It seems it takes my MP40modelguns Forum password...And I already have a servimg account...

I'll try linking the pics...

1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added] Premie10

1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added] Premie15

I think that got it...Can anyone see the pics???
Back to top Go down
richie328

PostSubject: Re: 1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added]   1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 7:03 pm

Cerwyn - Thank You for your help!

I can see the two pics in my browser.

Let me reiterate, this is not exactly the same model kit I had, but it seems similar...Maybe a later edition, using the same molds (or slightly modified ones) but with a different composition of plastic...

I now also see two more kits of this style, one with a flourescent plastic and one with gray...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Premiere-Luger-Toy-Pistol-Not-a-Cap-Gun-9-1-2-Long-Almost-Working-/200945804633

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50s-60s-Premier-models-German-Luger-model-kit-in-original-box-/310708856272
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: 1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added]   1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 1:58 pm

It's my pleasure richie.
I'm glad to see your pics on here now and that you're sorted. I'd never heard of these Premier model kits before. If only I'd known of them back in the 60s when I spent my early years assembling aircraft and military vehicle kits Exclamation 

Back to top Go down
richie328

PostSubject: Re: 1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added]   1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 2:39 pm

Cerwyn wrote:
It's my pleasure richie.
I'm glad to see your pics on here now and that you're sorted.

It does make things easier, doesn't it???  Very Happy 

Quote :
I'd never heard of these Premier model kits before. If only I'd known of them back in the 60s when I spent my early years assembling aircraft and military vehicle kits Exclamation 

The Luger kit was the only Premiere kit I ever did (although I owned two of the Luger kits); if the other kits were as wildly off in size/proportion/accuracy, they would not have been as enjoyable...

I also did tanks & model cars, but no airplanes (IIRC). The US half-track with quad 50 cal MGs was my favorite...  tongue Most model kits of the 50's/60's here were either 1/24 scale or 1/25...Not too many in anything else...

I recall my father telling me that following the war [WW II], a US farmer could get a US tank (minus the turret & weapons) for farm use...And back in the 60's, I visited a rural junkyard that had several "Ducks" [DUKW] in it...

I now have several [real] P08 pistols, and would like to get a Premiere Luger model just to sneer at it...  Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added]   1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1950's Luger Model Gun Kit??? [pics added]
Page 1 of 1