MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges

Go down 
+2
kickback
Vyking
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vyking

Number of posts : 73
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2012-05-17

WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges Empty
PostSubject: WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges   WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 10:06 am

Hey all,

I picked up a Skorpion from a friend who says his model fired flawlessly and he bought 2 extra mags because it was so fun to fire. However, he only could find 6 cartridges and several of those are in need of a good clean.

Does anybody have any Skorpion cartridges that they don't want any more and wouldn't mind selling to me? Would be incredibly useful for film work to have a firing Skorpion.

Best wishes,

Vyking
Back to top Go down
kickback
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
kickback

Number of posts : 337
Location / Country : UK.Cambridgeshire
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges   WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 1:43 pm

Hi

im sorry I don't have any scorpion cartridges for sale, but you might want to put that vz61 in a glass cabinet anyway? because if it fired flawlessly its the only one that Hudson made that did! so its worth its weight in gold LaughingLaughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Vyking

PostSubject: Re: WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges   WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:40 pm

You're a funny man Mr Kickback.
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges   WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:34 am

Well, I am sure Kickback didn't mean it as an offense. I too had a Scorpion that came with 6 carts from the factory. I was not able to get spare ones, and it really did not fire well in full auto. I was never able to get more than two shots off in a row so I finally sold it ...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges   WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 10:37 am

I also know that kickback wouldn't have meant any offence Very Happy Sadly the Hudson Vz61 Skorpion never did earn much of a reputation for great firing. Much like most of Hudsons' models it's an excellent replica but let down by firing performance.  Having a Hudson Skorpion that fires flawlessly would be quite an achievement and the model would deserve a place in a glass case as something quite special.
When the Hudson company closed down unfortunately most of the spare parts they had left were scrapped. Finding new Hudson spares and accessories is nigh on impossible now.

Japanese enthusiast and engineer produced this fabulous video detailing the extensive mods he made to his Vz61 -  https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t1716-lucifers-vz61-scorpion-this-guy-is-a-true-modelgun-engineer?highlight=vz61

You might get some help regarding making cartridges if Hudson carts prove illusive.

Our cartridge library also shows Hudson's carts in detail:
  https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t2479-hudson-skorpion-vz61?highlight=vz61 
Please note that the Skorpion uses tapered cartridges to suit the curved magazine. Although we believe that MGC Luger P08 cp carts (use MGC P210 CP-HW carts) can work, they may not stack properly in the mag' as they aren't tapered. I'm sure that John at PFCGUK spent a lot of time searching for suitable cartridges and trying to get his firing properly some time ago.
Might be worth asking him if he found carts that worked too.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
kickback
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
kickback

Number of posts : 337
Location / Country : UK.Cambridgeshire
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges   WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:14 pm

Why are people here defending me? ( thank you mike,cerwyn) no offence was put down just the facts, if the person took it the wrong way then that's his problem he obviously don't know modelguns as well as he thinks.
if any offence was taken then PM me direct

kickback
Back to top Go down
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

Number of posts : 275
Location / Country : Leeds
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges   WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 10:03 am

I have owned 2 of these vz61 Hudson smgs over the years - last one a minter with 8 unused carts .

Neither fired more than one shot without a stoppage and often simply locked back with the outgoing cart stuck in the port .

I think they are a great model to look at and hold and miles better than a deactivated one as long as you accept - as per many other Hudsons - they are not firing models .

Something about mine annoyed me so I moved it on . I think it was how the hard edges cuts into your hands when you hold it . Also the ridiculous difficult mag removal / refit .

I still like the model tho , and I notice someone is trying to sell one on Gunstar for £250 - £300 minus any rounds ??

I was tempted too , but would probably find it even more annoying minus the pfc carts ....

Carl:Smilie 50: 

Back to top Go down
Vyking

PostSubject: Re: WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges   WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 5:23 pm

Errrrrr.... guys... I wasn't being nasty to kickback at all- he and I are fine (at least from my end). I know the Skorpions have a bad rep but got one as part of a huge lot of modelguns, blankfirers and airsofts from a friend who had three mags with his Skorpion and said he'd never had any probs with it.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges   WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 12:49 pm

No problem Vyking, that's good to hear Very Happy  Sounds like you've "won" yourself a decent haul there Exclamation 
Have you had any luck sourcing cartridges yet:?: 

Back to top Go down
kharris
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 7
Location / Country : California USA
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges   WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 3:13 pm

Vyking wrote:
Hey all,

I picked up a Skorpion from a friend who says his model fired flawlessly and he bought 2 extra mags because it was so fun to fire. However, he only could find 6 cartridges and several of those are in need of a good clean.

Does anybody have any Skorpion cartridges that they don't want any more and wouldn't mind selling to me? Would be incredibly useful for film work to have a firing Skorpion.

Best wishes,

Vyking
I do have 6 brand new un-fired Vz61 cartridges But cost is $35.00 USD + shipping to the UK would not be cheap and or not have any tracking on the package. as a last resort if you cant find any local for your model. then your always welcome to contact me.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges   WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 4:16 pm

Ken Harris is well known to us as a good reliable source for older and "unobtainable" parts.
I've bought stuff off him several times and can recommend him. Wink 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges   WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB Hudson Skorpion cartridges
Page 1 of 1