MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WTB - MGC Mauser c96 rear sight slide parts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ArmorMechs

Number of posts : 2
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2013-11-15

WTB - MGC Mauser c96 rear sight slide parts Empty
PostSubject: WTB - MGC Mauser c96 rear sight slide parts   WTB - MGC Mauser c96 rear sight slide parts Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 6:52 pm

Hello!  First time poster.  I found this forum through a Google search and it seems like a good place to start.

I recently purchased a MGC Broomhandle Mauser- I got a pretty good deal on it as there are a couple things wrong with it.  The trigger doesn't function- it may be a broken spring, I haven't torn it down that far yet but I will when I get it home!

Anyway, the first thing is the slide for the rear sight is intact but missing the button and the spring.  Parts 5 & 6 on this diagram:

WTB - MGC Mauser c96 rear sight slide parts G01parts%20Mauser%20broomhandle%20pistol%20small

I'd appreciate any help you guys can give me chasing down replacement parts!  Thanks!
Back to top Go down
ArmorMechs

Number of posts : 2
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2013-11-15

PostSubject: Re: WTB - MGC Mauser c96 rear sight slide parts   WTB - MGC Mauser c96 rear sight slide parts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:34 pm

Hmm. Nothing, huh? I know I'm a new guy, but don't let that scare ya!  Laughing 

Would parts from a real Mauser work? How close is the MGC to the real deal?
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: WTB - MGC Mauser c96 rear sight slide parts   WTB - MGC Mauser c96 rear sight slide parts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 6:58 pm

Sorry mate if no one has replied but the gun is another rare one so parts are rocking horse S%^T. Most of the time for spares we look at buying a messed up complete (ish) model and taking the parts we need off it, most members of this forum end up making spare bits themselves. You could PM shazib on this forum a member in Japan who may be able to keep an eye open for you but no guarantees there i am afraid of finding any, thats the trouble with this hobby a lot of models were made in the 60's 70's and spares have practically dried up, sorry thats no help but thats the situation.
Back to top Go down
c_alexandersen
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
c_alexandersen

Number of posts : 292
Location / Country : Denmark
Registration date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: WTB - MGC Mauser c96 rear sight slide parts   WTB - MGC Mauser c96 rear sight slide parts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 5:03 am

this is for sure not an easy one.
Shazip is agood suggestion. Depending on you ambition level for beeing authentic you could consider trying to get Marushin spares - if they would fit or can be made fit i'm not sure - but there is a fair chance
Back to top Go down
lampwick
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
lampwick

Number of posts : 359
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: WTB - MGC Mauser c96 rear sight slide parts   WTB - MGC Mauser c96 rear sight slide parts Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 11:07 am

If you can find a junk Dennix one you should be able to swap parts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB - MGC Mauser c96 rear sight slide parts   WTB - MGC Mauser c96 rear sight slide parts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB - MGC Mauser c96 rear sight slide parts
Page 1 of 1