MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

adjustment tool for M16A1 front and rear sight

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

adjustment tool for M16A1 front and rear sight Empty
PostSubject: adjustment tool for M16A1 front and rear sight   adjustment tool for M16A1 front and rear sight Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:16 pm

*** Originally posted by madmike ***

With my last spare parts order from www.modelguncollector.co.uk there came a strange part. I did not know what this was and told them they had sent me a non ordered part, and that I would return it. They replied cheerfully that they had expected me, being that keen on AR-15s, to know what this tool is for.

Well, it is an adjustment tool for the M16/M16A1 sights. I have seen such tools from Army surplus as well as Airsoft parts. But these were only for the front sight. Those parts look that way and are rather well known:

adjustment tool for M16A1 front and rear sight IMG_6386

The part I got is as a combined tool for the front sight and the rear sight windage dial. I would say it is cast zinc. I was told by MGCUK that they received it long ago in the past with various other Marushin spare parts. To be frank I have never seen such a thing before.

adjustment tool for M16A1 front and rear sight Tool1

adjustment tool for M16A1 front and rear sight Tool2

adjustment tool for M16A1 front and rear sight Tool3

Maybe someone knows more about it? It is only a small part, but a great addition to my AR-15 modelgun collection. I love this nifty tiny thing.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK

PostSubject: Re: adjustment tool for M16A1 front and rear sight   adjustment tool for M16A1 front and rear sight Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:16 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

That is cool

What I think that you have, is a factory Marushin assembly tool that was used to assemble the factory assembled versions! At least that is what it looks like to me! It definately is cast zinc alloy as the surface roughness and the worn bluing gives it away...

Looking at it more, I would say that it definately is a factory Marushin tool. As I am sure that such a tool would be nesassary to assemble all of the sights during a production run of the M16 series modelguns...
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)

PostSubject: Re: adjustment tool for M16A1 front and rear sight   adjustment tool for M16A1 front and rear sight Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 10:51 am

As I am very interested in the AR-15 rifles I am always on the hunt for information. Something that puzzled me with this tool is that if it was from Marushin, it would be pointless regarding the front sight as this is not adjustable at the Marushin series. I read on a Japanese site that it is propably from Hobby Fix for their M16A1 / XM177E2 models.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: adjustment tool for M16A1 front and rear sight   adjustment tool for M16A1 front and rear sight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

adjustment tool for M16A1 front and rear sight
Page 1 of 1