MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help needed to identify replica MP40

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
broomie
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 92
Location / Country : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2014-04-13

Help needed to identify replica MP40 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed to identify replica MP40   Help needed to identify replica MP40 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 5:55 pm

Hi Cerwyn,
Your advice is spot-on, no wonder why you're the moderator to the site  Very Happy 
I have been speaking to Kickback about this at length through PM, and I have been advised to join a recognised re-enactment group first before anything can be done  Mad  You see, at the moment we are just a group of hotchpotch part-time re-enactors who get together (due to a lack of WW2 re-enactment groups in East Anglia) so , unless we belong to an official group, the VCRA applies  Rolling Eyes 
Once, I can call myself a bona fide re-enactor (with verifiable membership) I will send Kickback my '40 to have it converted to a 9mm blanker. So, sadly, everything is on hold at the moment  Crying or Very sad 
Thanks everyone for your kind help, I will keep you all posted of my other replicas & model guns to whet your appetite,
Broomie
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Help needed to identify replica MP40   Help needed to identify replica MP40 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 10:43 am

Hi Broomie

You're in good hands now then, Kickback is a personal friend of mine  Very Happy He'll do a great job of sorting your MP40 out Exclamation 
If there's ANYTHING you need help with or have questions to ask then pleae don't hesitate to ask. Tha's why the Forum is here after all  Very Happy 
Keep us posted too please Question 

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
broomie
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 92
Location / Country : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2014-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Help needed to identify replica MP40   Help needed to identify replica MP40 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 4:34 pm

Hi Cerwyn,
Thanks to you (and a special thank you to Johnny V for putting me in touch with Kickback) I have now got myself a whole lot wiser on many different fronts on the '40. I have taken your advice and Kickback's on board and registered with the Military Vehicle Trust yesterday, it seems like the only organisation that will allow me good reasons for owning a '40 blanker. I also have to thank Replibond for giving me heads-up on this very topic earlier.
Just gotta wait for membership approval, which should come through in June, then I will send Kickback my '40 to have it converted to a 9mm blanker. I just hope it can be reworked to be as good as his MP38  Question 
I actually play a historical figure who fought against the Allies on D-Day and I believe he had a MP40 to be historically accurate  Smile 
Cheers guys, will keep you updated on my progress. Meanwhile I will be posting pics of my collection of model guns to keep everyone interested  Very Happy 
Broomie
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Help needed to identify replica MP40   Help needed to identify replica MP40 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 5:06 pm

It's my pleasure broomie  Very Happy 

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help needed to identify replica MP40   Help needed to identify replica MP40 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help needed to identify replica MP40
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2