MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THE TOM NELSON COLLECTION

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ReplicaGunsdotcom

Number of posts : 13
Location / Country : Pennsylvania, USA
Registration date : 2014-05-07

THE TOM NELSON COLLECTION Empty
PostSubject: THE TOM NELSON COLLECTION   THE TOM NELSON COLLECTION Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 12:56 pm

[justify]Dear Guys:

Up for Auction VERY SOON is a 300 gun collection of vintage model guns....Some used, some WELL USED, and most NIB.......Let me Back up a bit: I am G. Caprio, the former Sr. Technical Advisor of Keystone Arsenal Replicas....over a year ago, I assessed a replica gun collection Purchased by SARCO. This collection was the personal collection of Thomas B. Nelson, the famous Gun Book Author and the owner and Founder of Replica Models Inc. of Alexandria Virginia. Now Collectors Armory. Tom retired, sold Collectors Armory to a new owner, and they moved everything to Georgia.....This collection was scheduled to be auctioned off sometime last year, but the whole enterprise (It's a big deal to auction 300 guns) got put on the back burner for several reasons........I have since purchased more than half of KAR, (They are no longer servicing private collectors) and have opened a new web home for replica gun collectors like ourselves. Replicaguns.com will offer all of the same custom services that KAR was famous for, and our good friends at SARCO have honored me by asking to help put these fine guns, many one of a kind factory samples made just for Tom!, in the hands of discriminating collectors like ourselves. Details about the contents of the collection, and what's contained therein can be found on the RGC home page.....follow the link to the details, and the downloadable excel spread sheet sorted by: Build material (Metal or Plastic) and Manufacturer......We're setting up the EBay stuff right now, and these guns should be listed by June 1st.....and this is what I am going to do: I am going to sort through the guns......And select a dozen guns to list each week. This would ideally be 26 weeks/6 months. What I‘m going to do, to deplete the collection evenly, is to select several guns from several replica gun categories......Let’s say: 2 PFC Guns, 2 Metal Replicas, 2 Plastic Replicas, 2 one of a kind Guns, 2 Western Guns, and 2 SUPER desirable collector guns (Think MGC Artillery Luger with Snail drum and stock). We’re hammering out the details right now……
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: THE TOM NELSON COLLECTION   THE TOM NELSON COLLECTION Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 5:48 pm

That is certainly interesting news for all of us.
Will you be able to ship to our friends outside of the US?

Please post again when the auctions begin.

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
ReplicaGunsdotcom

PostSubject: Re: THE TOM NELSON COLLECTION   THE TOM NELSON COLLECTION Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 7:44 pm

Yes and no......As you probably know, ReplicaGuns.com prides itself on worldwide shipment, and although these will be shipped by SARCO inc., We still hold fast to the ideal of worldwide shipping...HOWEVER......All rules for international shipping, and those can be found on the RGC site, will apply. But the bottom line is that we'll ship anywhere, unless we know it's illegal. For Example: We can't ship modern guns to Canada, Period. The cutoff is the same as the US, the Model Year 1898. So an 1873 Peacemaker is OK, but a Colt 1911 is no good. We can ship to Australia, and we ship tons down under, but Airsoft is Verbotten, and any replica gun is permitted, BUT...with an approved B709A form available from Australian Customs. We have never seen a B790A denied. We can't ship anything to Puerto Rico, and a few other countries, but Most of Europe and Asia is fine. Of course, no black metal guns to Japan, Gold or White. There are a few Gold Guns in the collection too!!......Sorry for the long response, I'm excited about these guns too....I've been collecting for 40+ years and there's stuff in there even I have never seen before.....just want you to know we'll ship it, but you should always check local laws first....REMEMBER.....It does none of us any good to have a shipment hung up in customs.  :-) 
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 617
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: THE TOM NELSON COLLECTION   THE TOM NELSON COLLECTION Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 2:37 am

Hi, my mac won't open that Xls file -

I did contact Sarco early on - I buy a lot of MG gear over there, they were not ready to start selling at that time.

If there is a Metal MP41 amongst that collection please PM me.

Good luck,

Pit.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: THE TOM NELSON COLLECTION   THE TOM NELSON COLLECTION Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 3:19 am

pitfighter wrote:
Hi, my mac won't open that Xls file

Change extension to .xlsx and try again.
File is in the latest Office format, extension is incorrect.

G.Caprio - thank you for notification! I am glad to see that collection is finally up for sale.
Due to volume it's going to be quite an event, fingers crossed for all deals to go smoothly!

Last edited by smootik on Fri May 09, 2014 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

PostSubject: Re: THE TOM NELSON COLLECTION   THE TOM NELSON COLLECTION Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 3:27 am

Thank you, Smootik!

Back to top Go down
ReplicaGunsdotcom

PostSubject: Re: THE TOM NELSON COLLECTION   THE TOM NELSON COLLECTION Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 10:25 pm

Nope, no MP-41, but tons of PFC guns...Of the 300, about 100 plastic PFC guns, 100 Airsoft and about 100 full metal replica guns that were designed to be blowbacks.....They will be listed on ebay, under the SARCO Account, which is ebay user ID ocras2007....The first batch of auctions will go off at Sunday June 1st 6pm Pacific time. We're going to be doing about 12 guns a week...Maybe more of there is demand.....I will be selecting models from each category, and I'll take special requests too....The first batch will include....Most likely:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ocras2007/m.html?item=121351418862&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562 I think this is the link......

1 MGC Sterling PFC Gun, literally brand new in the box and perfect.
2 each All metal Colt Peacemakers all metal PFC guns made by either MGC or CMC...We have a bunch of them.
2 or 3 Plastic PFC Revolvers.
2 Airsoft guns,
2 WWII era guns
2 misc. guns
and 2 one of a kind guns

something like that......
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: THE TOM NELSON COLLECTION   THE TOM NELSON COLLECTION Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 11:23 am

Sterling is already up, I see you start with a big splash :-)
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

PostSubject: Re: THE TOM NELSON COLLECTION   THE TOM NELSON COLLECTION Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 7:20 am

Great - following you on EBay now, thank you -

I see a Danish Madsen in there - the metal UZI's I can always use -
I have one of the EMP35 (la coruna) dummies, or I would be after that too.

Looking forward to seeing what retro interesting metal SMGs turn up.

Good luck with the auctions!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE TOM NELSON COLLECTION   THE TOM NELSON COLLECTION Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE TOM NELSON COLLECTION
Page 1 of 1