MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arrest made for 3D gun

Go down 
+2
broomie
claymore
6 posters
AuthorMessage
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Arrest made for 3D gun Empty
PostSubject: Arrest made for 3D gun   Arrest made for 3D gun Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 8:02 am

Apparently a man in Japan has been arrested for possesion of a 3d printed gun, first arrest for one it seems, he had no rounds for it. It seems he posted a vid of it on youtube, really!! but what makes this a gune surely they will need to test it and see if its capable of firing anything and if it can fire is it lethal? Lets be honest there are lot of plastic guns in Japan so what makes this more lethal than those? anyone know the capabilities of 3D printing.
Back to top Go down
broomie
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 92
Location / Country : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2014-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Arrest made for 3D gun   Arrest made for 3D gun Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 3:08 pm

Apparently 3D computer generated/made guns have been all the rage lately  Question  I was told by a friend in the US the software and CNC machining alone to make a computer-made gun are quite prohibitive  Crying or Very sad  With the end product still requiring a lot of gunsmithing. It is believed to be cheaper & more cost effective to buy one off the shelf  Smile Of course, we are talking about the real thing here.
I think the guy in Japan was trying to make a home-made imitation without a licence, the Japs have very strict rules about this for all sorts of reasons, and Japan is a very repressive country when it comes to anything looking remotely like a gun  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Arrest made for 3D gun   Arrest made for 3D gun Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 4:59 pm

Same as here, nothing special about Japan, it is manufacturing a realistic imitation firearm, if not VCRA covered it is illegal.
Back to top Go down
broomie
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Arrest made for 3D gun   Arrest made for 3D gun Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 5:24 pm

Spot-on !!! I once read the UK is ranked only second to Japan (of the Free World , or not so Free ?) when it comes to replica guns  Mad 
Can we honestly call ourselves a democracy  Question Nuff said ...
Broomie
Back to top Go down
stumpy_ned
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 87
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2012-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Arrest made for 3D gun   Arrest made for 3D gun Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:43 pm

All metal printed 1911.

Back to top Go down
broomie
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Arrest made for 3D gun   Arrest made for 3D gun Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:46 pm

Laughing  Yeah, I have seen this vid a few months ago ... As said previously, it would be cheaper & safer to buy a real one  Wink But where's the fun in that I hear you say  drunken 
Broomie
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Arrest made for 3D gun   Arrest made for 3D gun Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 5:36 am

broomie wrote:
Spot-on !!! I once read the UK is ranked only second to Japan (of the Free World , or not so Free ?) when it comes to replica guns  Mad 
Can we honestly call ourselves a democracy  Question Nuff said ...
Broomie

How can you guys forget about Australia  Crying or Very sad ...
Back to top Go down
broomie
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Arrest made for 3D gun   Arrest made for 3D gun Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 3:50 pm

I hear you brother, you have my deepest sympathies  Crying or Very sad However, with a new gov't do you think they might repeal some of the draconian laws put in place by the previous lot  Question 
I have relatives Down Under and they too have suffered the same fate as we are in the "old country"  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Arrest made for 3D gun   Arrest made for 3D gun Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 8:09 am

broomie wrote:
I hear you brother, you have my deepest sympathies  Crying or Very sad However, with a new gov't do you think they might repeal some of the draconian laws put in place by the previous lot  Question 
I have relatives Down Under and they too have suffered the same fate as we are in the "old country"  Shocked 

Not too likely...none of the politicians down under want to take these risks  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Arrest made for 3D gun   Arrest made for 3D gun Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 12:36 pm

We are more than Downunder.
It should be changed to Downinthefardepths.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrest made for 3D gun   Arrest made for 3D gun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arrest made for 3D gun
Page 1 of 1