MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin UZI Detonator Pins

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Marushin UZI Detonator Pins - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI Detonator Pins   Marushin UZI Detonator Pins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:35 am

Post by ljerr2

Cerwyn,
If you're thinking about any problem with the ejector, I would look at the bolt to see if it has evidence of interference with the ejector. I tweaked mine just a bit, but I think it is pretty close to 90 degrees.
If there is anything I can do to help - measuring or if you want a pic, let me know and I'll do what I can.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI Detonator Pins   Marushin UZI Detonator Pins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:35 am

Hiya ljerr2

Thank you very much for the advice my friend.

I would be very grateful of a photo of the ejector in situ if you could possibly manage it please?

As most of the forum members know already, I can't use my hands any longer followingan accident so the joys of modelgun tweaking, firing, cleaning and loading fall onto my better half, God Bless Her!
A photo or picture tells a thousand words and it would certainly help me explain to her what is needed.

I really appreciate your help everybody

Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI Detonator Pins   Marushin UZI Detonator Pins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:36 am

Post by ljerr2

Cerwyn,
Here are a couple of pictures. The first one is supposed to show the wear on the bolt as a result of friction/interference with the ejector. Also, if you look ever so closely at the front of the bolt, you can see that it begins to mushroom quite quickly. This bolt was clean and square and it put on a 1mm ridge (mushroom) after about 75 rounds or so.
The second one is just a picture of the ejector. I had to straighten mine a bit to make it square. If you want more pics, let me know.
Take care.

Marushin UZI Detonator Pins - Page 2 MVC-022S

Marushin UZI Detonator Pins - Page 2 MVC-024S
JL
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI Detonator Pins   Marushin UZI Detonator Pins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:37 am

You're a gentleman Sir, thanks ljerr2!

I've just realised what a complete dork I am too. I have been pondering over the instruction manual, staring at the diagram of the ejector being screwed into position.
The ejector is bent at 90deg but I'd been staring at the bolt looking for it to no avail...
What an Idiot!

You're photo confirmed that the only thing that could possibly be the
ejector is that part protruding up into the receiver.

I'd forgotten hadn't I that the trigger and grip mechanism needs removing to gain access to the screw securing the ejector...

There's me saying that a photo will explain things better to my girlfriend when she strips the UZI down when it's ME that needs everything spelling out !

Your notes about the bolt face wearing and mushrooming quickly point to soft zinc alloys notbeing the best materials really. Just like MGC 1921 Thompsons and severalothers I'll bet.
Steel seems to be the way forwards with this one too!

Thanks for your help guys. I'll let you know how I get on with my UZI later as I'm off to hospital on Wednesday for about 10days.

A working UZI will cheer me up no end!

Cerwyn
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI Detonator Pins   Marushin UZI Detonator Pins - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin UZI Detonator Pins
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2