MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Colt M1911 and Beretta M9 - what exactly do I have here?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 169
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Colt M1911 and Beretta M9 - what exactly do I have here? Empty
PostSubject: Colt M1911 and Beretta M9 - what exactly do I have here?   Colt M1911 and Beretta M9 - what exactly do I have here? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 7:10 pm

Hi everyone!

I got two modelguns in a trade and I hope I made a good deal Smile
It's a Colt M1911 and a Beretta M9, both ABS or plastic, seem to be pretty good quality and are rather heavy (both exactly 668g without mags).
Colt M1911 and Beretta M9 - what exactly do I have here? ModelgunsM1911+M9

The guy I got these from said he thinks they're MGCs, but he wasn't sure. There are no markings from the manufacturer whatsoever (not even on the mags), only replicas of the realsteel-markings.
Can you tell, if these are MGCs or something else?
M1911 left side
M1911 right side
M9 left side
M9 right side

I got 6 cartridges for the M1911, 3 of them are in not-so-good shape, 3 seem to be unfired.
The Beretta came with 3 cartridges, the internals are totally stuck, probably never cleaned. Funny coincidence: These seem to be exactly the same cartridges my KSC M93R uses and I have about 30 of those Wink

The modelguns came with 4 packages of firecaps, 2 almost full, 2 new packages.

The M1911 seems to have a broken extractor, it doesn't eject shells. The guy I got it from mentioned this before the trade.
The M9 and everything else on the M1911 work flawlessly.

Embarrassing for me: I disassembled the M9 and for some reason I can't get it back together - the spring rod stops a few millimeters before being completely in the right position (see fotos). Is there a special way to reassemble the gun?

I got the MadBull AGX which I traded off for this set pretty cheap, so depending on how I calculate it, I paid about 65 - 75€ for the set.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Colt M1911 and Beretta M9 - what exactly do I have here?   Colt M1911 and Beretta M9 - what exactly do I have here? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 10:33 pm

Very nice set!

1911 is MGC 1911 MEU. For a split second I thought you have mine there :-)
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t2961-mgc-colt-1911-meu-hw

Those were made of HW plastic, and they do like to crack when fired. Weak areas are barrel, rear of the slide and extractor. I've lost two extractors already, and wanted to adjust one out of real steel piece, but it's different in a way that prevents easy modification.

Beretta looks like MGC model too, please compare here:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t2419-mgc-beretta-m96-hw

Rod will not get in right place unless you align another piece correctly:
* insert return rod and spring into their place. Note that barrel has a springing part that needs to by pushed towards to back of the model (hidden) in order for return rod to fall into right place.
* put slide back on the frame. If return rod blocks, it was not aligned good enough - remove slide and reseat rod on barrel.

It took some wiggling until I figured it out - try and try again until you get it right.
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 169
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Colt M1911 and Beretta M9 - what exactly do I have here?   Colt M1911 and Beretta M9 - what exactly do I have here? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 9:47 am

Thanks a ton for the information and the links smootik!

Funny coincidence, that the 1911 I got is exactly the model you have, too Smile
Shame that it seems to have several weaknesses...
I'm going to contact a few shops and ask if they have extractors for this gun available.
Also, my shells look different to the three variants you have posted in your review. Do you have an idea, where mine might have come from / who the manufacturer is?

The Beretta in your review looks a lot like mine, there seem to be only minor differences. Especially the "production marks" where the safety switch slides over on the left side of the slide look very familiar Wink
So I guess you're right, mine probably is an MGC, too.
Yep, took a lot of wiggling, but I got it back together, thanks for the tip Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Colt M1911 and Beretta M9 - what exactly do I have here?   Colt M1911 and Beretta M9 - what exactly do I have here? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 5:46 pm

Hi Pydracor,

Your chrome and copper cartridges are MGC and intended for the GM-2 series 1911

Here are more details:

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colt M1911 and Beretta M9 - what exactly do I have here?   Colt M1911 and Beretta M9 - what exactly do I have here? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Colt M1911 and Beretta M9 - what exactly do I have here?
Page 1 of 1