MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most reliable model gun?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Most reliable model gun? Empty
PostSubject: Most reliable model gun?   Most reliable model gun? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:43 am

*** Originally posted by polski ben ***

Hello all.

Its seems to me that most of the model guns seem to be fairly prone to jamming and breakages. I've only owned a marushin M655 and it is very well built but i can never seem to fire off a full mag without a jam.

So my question is, which is the most reliable model gun in term of build quality and firing.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Most reliable model gun?   Most reliable model gun? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:43 am

*** Originally posted by garyforce ***

hi Polski Ben

welcome to the forum and the highly addictive hobby of modelguns

there doesnt seem to be any one model thats a dead cert 100% sucess rate to fire. thats just the way things are.

saying that though ..... my pump action and double barrled shotgun are 100% reliable. ..... as are the revolvers i own as there is no possibility of these jamming.

the only problems these models would experience would be down to misfires and that would be caused by "dud" caps.

the main causes of jams and misfires are:

1) dud caps
2) damaged carts
3) poor lubrication
4) lack of proper cleaning / care.

so basically..... take good care of your models from the start and youll have less worrys

however saying that there is no guarantee for any modelgun to work effectively. then again thats also true of any real firearm !
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Most reliable model gun?   Most reliable model gun? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:44 am

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

For me it's got to be the MGC thompson it never lets me down, an occasional jam maybe but that will be down to the round not working properly, otherwise it fires the whole drum off great. It is also excellent with short bursts which some of my other models dont do so well.

My MGC M4A1 is very good as well and looks superb.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Most reliable model gun?   Most reliable model gun? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:44 am

*** Originally posted by madmike ***

Hello!

I have to admit that I have also experienced a lot of different problems with my Marushin XM 177 E2 (kit version). Nevertheless I love it due to its realistic feel and look.

My MGC M-725 M16 A2 Carbine is more reliable. I think the MGC carts are far better than the (quite old) Marushin cart system.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Most reliable model gun?   Most reliable model gun? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:45 am

*** Originally posted by polski ben ***

Thanks for the welcome.

Has anyone tried modifying the marushin m16 to take the MGC carts with any success at all. My M655 is still in fantastic condition considering it is nearly 22 years old.

Is my belief that all of the ABS/HW pistols are fairly prone to breakage justified? Even the new ones such as the Tanaka Glocks and USP seem quite fragile.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Most reliable model gun?   Most reliable model gun? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:45 am

*** Originally posted by mark ***

The MGC M16 can use the Marushin cartridges as they are the same dimension wise and the MGC uses a flat detonator. but i don't know if the Marushin M16's can use the MGC cartridges as the Marushin detonator has a point on it's point that might cause the piston to tip and jam inside the cartridge.

The only true way to tell if they work is to load the MGC magazines with Marushin cartridges and the Marushin cartridges in the MGC magazines and try to fire them.

As far as the reliability factor of modelguns is concerned, the MGC's are usually the best. Tanaka is second on the list and Marushin is a close third.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Most reliable model gun?   Most reliable model gun? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:46 am

*** Originally posted by dartec ***

I would say my MGC V10 is 100% reliable. I have fired some four mags worth and it only jammed once due to the cartridge not screwed tight. It has a real sparks and smoke effect. I use gold caps with red powder and silver caps wit blue podwer, these being the more louder and stronger effect so much so they blew the front sight off.

This gun has a solid feel and is as real as it gets. When loaded it has that 'this gun is loaded handle with care' feel and look. I bought another one so that is in my collection while I have to 'play' with.

The Browinging M1910 is very good with 100% however, only fired 1 or 2 mags worth. Iy just sits in my collection.

The one I can not understand is the Marushun Walther PPK/s this fired very well with no jams but on the third mag full it developed full auto and now fires full auto. In fact when I pull the slide back to load the first round and let go it just goes full auto and the full mag emptied in 1 sec. With cartridges flying all oveer the place. A PPK/s competing with the Glock 18c or 93R. No jams though!!

The other gun I found very reliable is the MGC MAC M11 this works and I have had only a couple of jams due to cartridge probs. This does need really cleaning and oiling and then no probs.

I have learnt to clean my cartridges as soon as they are fired: I soak in water for a few mins/hrs then dry with towel and hair dryer then good spray of oil/silicon and leave for a few mins then reload and assemble ready to go. Plus good spray down te barrel and breach. With a full strip after about four mags worth.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Most reliable model gun?   Most reliable model gun? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:46 am

*** Originally posted by gmanuk ***

hi my MGC beretta italian version is so reliable i had a few probs with it at the start due to the chamber havin a slight burr in it but once that was removed i have fired about 400 caps and cant recall any more that 2 jams and thats it lol. but ask rizzo i may just have a real good working one
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Most reliable model gun?   Most reliable model gun? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:47 am

*** Originally posted by mark ***

Modelguns can be very reliable if properly cared for and the cartridges are loaded correctly. I have learned that most modelguns either out of the box or kit, require at least minimal tinkring to get them "right"..Some of the modelguns have casting flash that needs to be removed from the barrels,actions etc. And other modelguns are representing real firearms that had problems anyway.

Dartec, the "fullauto" Marushin PPK/S sounds like the sear or the firing pin is broken. A selective fire PPK/S would be cool if it had a larger magazine!

Cleaning the modelguns and the cartridges constantly is a pain but, it is a necessary evil that has to put-up with...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most reliable model gun?   Most reliable model gun? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most reliable model gun?
Page 1 of 1