MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just bought a NIB MGC P08 ABS kit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pedal2metal
pedal2metal

Number of posts : 53
Location / Country : PA, USA
Registration date : 2015-07-01

Just bought a NIB MGC P08 ABS kit Empty
PostSubject: Just bought a NIB MGC P08 ABS kit   Just bought a NIB MGC P08 ABS kit Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 7:54 pm

AND it came with a box of never used CP carts! The guy I bought this kit from sold it as-is, he said he is not sure if all the tiny parts are there or not. I took a chance on it... so we'll see here shortly! The orig. price on the box's side is $68.98 USD, mid eighties price. The box of 12 CP carts alone are worth more than what I paid for the entire kit though. (One of the two 9mm carts that were in the orig. Luger box is missing the thin detonator pin part of the cartridge though.) It was missing the orig. instructions, which is probably why the other guy could not tell if all the parts were there or not. Thanks to Marek (smootik) for the awesome scans!! (here's Marek's instructions, which I needed for sure: https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t2118-mgc-p08-abs-version#14076%29)

Just bought a NIB MGC P08 ABS kit 20062270755_a10874e93b_z

Just bought a NIB MGC P08 ABS kit 20054390092_bf7bf2c91f_z

More pics here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/pedal2metal/sets/72157656367205966
Back to top Go down
mcsurgeon

Number of posts : 25
Location / Country : U.S.A.
Registration date : 2015-06-01

PostSubject: nice kit!   Just bought a NIB MGC P08 ABS kit Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 7:41 pm

very nice find! make sure to read the instructions first. i got a plastic mgc 1911 and forced the spring plug out like the real 1911, it caused a hairline crack. it removes at the opposite side, after rotating 180 degrees. after full assembly, i would recommend not to fire it or release the toggle mechanism as the plastic may crack. these were manufactured way back in the 80's i guess. its just me, i collect and display it, i don't fire it. if i want to do the mechanism, i do it with care. especially the abs models. again, nice find, congrats and enjoy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pedal2metal
pedal2metal

PostSubject: Re: Just bought a NIB MGC P08 ABS kit   Just bought a NIB MGC P08 ABS kit Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 9:09 pm

Thank you! Well, I have going thru the kit and it appears all of the parts are there, thankfully.  But after researching these kits, it seems it might be a good idea to keep it as a NIB MGC and not mess with it. I did take off all the crappy dull scotch tape that the other owner applied and I replicated what MGC had prior w/ clear tape. I have not seen many come up for sale that are new in the box. I'd love to find a M-76 kit NIB.

mcsurgeon wrote:
very nice find! make sure to read the instructions first. i got a plastic mgc 1911 and forced the spring plug out like the real 1911, it caused a hairline crack. it removes at the opposite side, after rotating 180 degrees. after full assembly, i would recommend not to fire it or release the toggle mechanism as the plastic may crack. these were manufactured way back in the 80's i guess. its just me, i collect and display it, i don't fire it. if i want to do the mechanism, i do it with care. especially the abs models. again, nice find, congrats and enjoy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mcsurgeon

Number of posts : 25
Location / Country : U.S.A.
Registration date : 2015-06-01

PostSubject: unbuilt kit in collection   Just bought a NIB MGC P08 ABS kit Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 2:31 am

pedal2metal wrote:
Thank you! Well, I have going thru the kit and it appears all of the parts are there, thankfully.  But after researching these kits, it seems it might be a good idea to keep it as a NIB MGC and not mess with it. I did take off all the crappy dull scotch tape that the other owner applied and I replicated what MGC had prior w/ clear tape. I have not seen many come up for sale that are new in the box. I'd love to find a M-76 kit NIB.

mcsurgeon wrote:

that is exactly how I displayed my marushin colt commander, unbuilt, still in box. imho, as a collector, you should also have an untouched kit, or unassembled kit to show how it looks like in the box unassembled. but it is also nice to have one that is built, to appreciate the finished product/kit. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pedal2metal
pedal2metal

PostSubject: Re: Just bought a NIB MGC P08 ABS kit   Just bought a NIB MGC P08 ABS kit Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 3:13 am

My favorite uncle always had a metal RMI Luger displayed in his awesome toy room that was mounted inside a red velveted frame w/ a German L/W officer's breast eagle pin next to it; I always thought was was so cool growing up! I was going to do that to this kit, but I think I'll just pick up a cheaper one on ebay for that. When my uncle passed away 10 yrs ago, I was kind of hoping to get the display he had, but his step daughters got everything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just bought a NIB MGC P08 ABS kit   Just bought a NIB MGC P08 ABS kit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just bought a NIB MGC P08 ABS kit
Page 1 of 1