MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC Thompson Old Open barrel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

MGC Thompson Old Open barrel Empty
PostSubject: MGC Thompson Old Open barrel   MGC Thompson Old Open barrel Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 11:25 pm

Here's a couple quick shots of my MGC Thompson.  This one is pre-1978 manufacture as it has the front-venting/open barrel.  Converted of course to the CP-HW cartridges.

One vid is 20-rd mag, other is 11rds, I think.  I about set my patience level for cleaning around 30 rounds, so................that's about all I'm good for during a firing session!  Very Happy

Sorry about getting a bit of my ugly mug in there - just focus on the gun!  One of these days maybe I can talk my wife into doing some modeling work for me - much easier on the eyes!

Enjoy!

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson Old Open barrel   MGC Thompson Old Open barrel Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 10:07 am

Fantastic ! These MGC Thompsons are hard to beat aren't they? Thanks For posting J

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson Old Open barrel   MGC Thompson Old Open barrel Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 12:24 pm

Yes - the MGC Thompson was one of my very first modelguns and one of my favorites! Very Happy

When I get time, I hope to take another video of this open Tommy with the drum mag. Just imagine the smoke!!! Very Happy and then the cleaning........ Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson Old Open barrel   MGC Thompson Old Open barrel Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 1:50 pm

one thing about the MGC thompson that really impresses me is how well it works with a drum mag, mine has never failed to fire a full drum and you would think the drum would be temperamental.
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson Old Open barrel   MGC Thompson Old Open barrel Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 2:28 am

I need to give the drum a whirl................but I may have to disconnect the smoke detectors in my house!!! MGC Thompson Old Open barrel 2740960407
Back to top Go down
Leesmth

Number of posts : 42
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2020-03-05

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson Old Open barrel   MGC Thompson Old Open barrel Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 2:44 am

I have a mgc Thompson with a stick magazine and I noticed it is identical to a real thompson magazine, are they the same? Will the mgc Thompson stick fit a real thompson
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson Old Open barrel   MGC Thompson Old Open barrel Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 2:54 am

Don't think so...........If you try to fit a real one into your MGC, it will bind up and the mag catch won't line up correctly.
Back to top Go down
Leesmth

Number of posts : 42
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2020-03-05

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson Old Open barrel   MGC Thompson Old Open barrel Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 5:43 am

Well what about the other way around?
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson Old Open barrel   MGC Thompson Old Open barrel Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 12:34 pm

You'd still have the mag catch alignment issue, plus the spring is too weak, along with the metal being too weak. I haven't tried it, but I'd also bet it would be very sloppy in the mag well.

Leesmth likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson Old Open barrel   MGC Thompson Old Open barrel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC Thompson Old Open barrel
Page 1 of 1