MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No black all-metal model guns?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

No black all-metal model guns? Empty
PostSubject: No black all-metal model guns?   No black all-metal model guns? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:20 pm

*** Originally posted by 2sharp ***

There seems to be no black metal pistol/revolver model guns available?

Anyone knows the thinking behind this?

Ok with black Ak/AR's and SMG's but no handguns?

I've read quite a lot on this site and elsewhere but i've found nothing on this.

Anyone?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: No black all-metal model guns?   No black all-metal model guns? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:20 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

Sure, you can get all black metal modelguns....But just not in Japan, as all metal handgun modelguns have to be gold plated (for identification purposes much like the orange barrel markings here in the U.S.)

I am not sure just how people are supposed to tell if a modelgun is metal or plastic at a glance. I guess that they figure that every all metal modelgun owner is going to be honest and not strip off of the gold plating in order to blue or silver plate it to make it more realistic looking...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: No black all-metal model guns?   No black all-metal model guns? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:21 pm

*** Originally posted by 2sharp ***

Thanks for your replies

I've looked at the Wa Shan models and i did read through the threads i found here, seems the general idea is thast their finish isn't very good and an all-metal Glock?? That's so wrong

I've owned a few of the Denix replicas, the only one i still own is the Ak-47, which looks pretty ok, i've handled Chinese real-steel Ak's with crappier finish!
Otherwise my opinion of Denix is that they are crap... the Ak-47 looks good but have really no realistic working internals.

I did find an Ak-74M that is a "non-gun" and it is really, really nice
For some reason i don't really consider them "model guns"

Have i understood it right that the Hudzon Vz-61 is all metal and is sold in japan?
So why not handguns??

Or did i totally misunderstand??
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: No black all-metal model guns?   No black all-metal model guns? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:21 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

Quote :
Have i understood it right that the Hudzon Vz-61 is all metal and is sold in japan?

I too have noted that Hudson has sold tons of their VZ61 Scorpion modelguns and they are sold in Japan still to this day and they are blued. The fact that they are all metal, have a blued finish and they are handgun sized seems to be going against Japanese law.

I really can't explain just why Hudson can sell them with out plating or painting them gold..

The Denix replicas are pretty much all that i can get here in the U.S. from the collectors armory etc. It is sad that Denix gun replicas are so poor in quality and they lack detail..The Denix magazines like the Wa Shan modelguns, are made from cast zinc and they are not interchangeable with either real or modelgun magazines..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No black all-metal model guns?   No black all-metal model guns? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No black all-metal model guns?
Page 1 of 1