MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KJW Metal Slide on Tanaka USP

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

KJW Metal Slide on Tanaka USP Empty
PostSubject: KJW Metal Slide on Tanaka USP   KJW Metal Slide on Tanaka USP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:34 am

Post by big_les

Right, assuming I can sell the necessary organs to keep the USP I've just bought, I thought I would look into what's necessary to convert the KJW metal slide for use with the Tanaka modelgun.

Gunsnguys have done it, but I'm guessing the extractor will be the tough part. The firing pin etc mech might just be a drop-in replacement, but I doubt it...

Any thoughts, ideas, tips?

Many thanks. Oh, and sorry if this should go in the sticky thread; feel free to merge.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: KJW Metal Slide on Tanaka USP   KJW Metal Slide on Tanaka USP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:34 am

Post by John

It is not difficult to take out the extractor. But it is not easy to take out the firepin block as it is glued tightly to the slide. You could still take it out by using force but have to damage the slide.

I prefer to wait & buy a spare slide to take out the firepin block instead.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: KJW Metal Slide on Tanaka USP   KJW Metal Slide on Tanaka USP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:35 am

Post by big_les

Thanks for the reply; sounds like it's not too tricky to do. Basically you're saying that you need a sacrificial plastic slide from which to take the main block? Assuming I could make the KJW slide fit, I wouldn't mind losing the donor (plastic) one.

Are there any tutorials or hints online to help with the swapping out of these parts? There's a handy exploded diagram with the USP itself. IF I could get a correctly marked metal USP (ie the trademarked KJW one, not the Tactical slide on the GnG one) I think I could justify selling off another of my "frivolous" possessions in order to keep the model gun!

And of course...buy some caps KJW Metal Slide on Tanaka USP Icon_smile

I'm looking actively now for a KJW metal slide; only Airsplat seem to have it, and it would cost me at least $100 including UK shipping KJW Metal Slide on Tanaka USP Icon_sad

Anyone know of another source? Francky would oblige I'm sure, but he's in Japan.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: KJW Metal Slide on Tanaka USP   KJW Metal Slide on Tanaka USP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:37 am

Post by Mark

big_les,

I think that the all metal slides are ok in Japan for airsoft guns only so, i think that francky might still be able to help. But, if not, there might be other places like dentrinity or the UN company that might have the KJW slides for sale at a good price....A metal slide would be great but, the plastic breach block and the plastic barrels are going to take a beating from the much heavier slide. Now, the barrel and the breach block should be made out of zinc to take the abuse better but, these parts have to be adapted from the airsoft parts or scratch built to work.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: KJW Metal Slide on Tanaka USP   KJW Metal Slide on Tanaka USP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:37 am

Big_les

mark wrote:
big_les,
I think that the all metal slides are ok in Japan for airsoft guns only so, i think that francky might still be able to help. But, if not, there might be other places like dentrinity or the UN company that might have the KJW slides for sale at a good price....A metal slide would be great but, the plastic breach block and the plastic barrels are going to take a beating from the much heavier slide. Now, the barrel and the breach block should be made out of zinc to take the abuse better but, these parts have to be adapted from the airsoft parts or scratch built to work.
I might check with Francky re the slide, as I just realised what I asked him about was the GnG custom and whether he could source anything similar. He might just be able to get me an airsoft KJW slide...
The breech block is actually metal, but as you say the barrel is only plastic. If I can find a reasonably priced slide, they seem to all come with the metal barrel (one piece with breech, as in real steel). Of course, this not going to chamber a fake round right off the bat, and I don't want to modify it to take a 9mm round and find myself in clink! All I want it to do is chamber and eject rounds; actually firing caps is just a bonus (heresy!).
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: KJW Metal Slide on Tanaka USP   KJW Metal Slide on Tanaka USP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:38 am

Post by Mark

Quote :
The breech block is actually metal
big_Les,
You might want to look again at your breech block as it has to be plastic (typically HW plastic) as Japanese law forbids the use of metal parts like the breech block when it has a firing pin hole and it is for a modelgun with a removable barrel. My ABS USP's slide had a HW breech block in it..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KJW Metal Slide on Tanaka USP   KJW Metal Slide on Tanaka USP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KJW Metal Slide on Tanaka USP
Page 1 of 1